Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

1. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Don't knock Whataburgers honey butter chicken biscuits....
    I've eaten my fair share of them but have you looked at the pictures I mentioned?

Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

If you are in need of biscuits or donuts, Paseo/Uptown has you more than covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    'Will be biscuit wars!
    The best kind of wars! (Closely followed by the pizza wars.)

They have started soft openings and should be open next week.

Why are posts showing today's date instead of "today"?

NBD just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Why are posts showing today's date instead of "today"?

NBD just curious.
    We had to upgrade the server and do some other tweaks which have changed some settings slightly.

7. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Posted to FB that they open Wednesday at 7 AM...... Guess I can look forward to breaking in that new belt notch on Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Posted to FB that they open Wednesday at 7 AM...... Guess I can look forward to breaking in that new belt notch on Thursday!
    Just have to run there and back! Lol

9. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Just have to run there and back! Lol
    HAHA... Well I walked to Esca Vitae from my office the other day (about 2 miles round trip) just to get a pretzel but I'm not sure I can make it to 23rd and back in an hour or without a heart attack.

10. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Walked in at straight up 7:00 AM to give them a try today.

IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2184.JPG

Got the Nashville...

IMG_2185.JPG

And the No. 7...

IMG_2186.JPG

Biscuits are delicate, light, fluffy, and taste great! The fillings I had on both were on point

Only critique I have is on the functionality. The way they No. 7 is served makes it difficult to eat and they have to use a bigger clamshell to serve it to go. Cut the link in half and stack it or just serve half the link. The chicken on the Nashville was great but on about the third bite it slid out of it's crust and the biscuit crumbled. So at that point I no longer had a sandwich. I had biscuit debris... Which I do enjoy but not eating with my hands.

All the qualities that make the biscuits incredible makes them less suitable for a biscuit sandwich. Can't wait to have time to sit and eat in and try the gravy on them but for eating as a sandwich they are a little clunky at the moment...... If it were me I would make two types of biscuits. Keep this one for knife and fork dishes and make a more dense, sturdier, version for the sandwiches.

Even with that critique... This place is incredible and will definitely be a mainstay in my breakfast rotation.... No more fast food biscuits going in my mouth for sure!

Tried this Friday for lunch, was probably the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Tried this Friday for lunch, was probably the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had.
    Ever had that at Aurora? Best we've ever had were there, and if these compare to Aurora's, man....

Probably may have been a little strong, but I was pretty impressed.

I returned today for lunch and tried the french toast biscuits, and those were pretty good too.

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

I don’t usually go for sweet breakfasts but that caught my attention when I saw their pic of it.

01C4AAE9-8B7B-4EA3-84D2-5992631B5240.jpeg

Went for lunch today, splurged and got the number 7 and the strawberry cream. Very busy today, great service though. Honestly I’m going to have to be careful not to go here all the time! Really love what is going on around the Tower Theater.

16. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

The No 7 was awesome. Just wish they had a more functional way to serve it.

Very impressed. Tried the Club and the Biscuits and Gravy--both were fantastic. Had no issue with the bun falling apart with the Club.

Yesterday, they posted they ran out of biscuits at some point and had to close shop. Clearly, business is a-booming.

Will be really interesting to see how Buttermilk Sliders matches up when it opens next month.

If anyone from Buttermilk Sliders is reading this, two words: HONEY BUTTER.

Stopped by for lunch today. It was plenty packed. I got the cannonball

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mh66TR1JPPDTEdtt2

It was great. I wasn't sure if i was supposed to approach it like a sandwich or biscuits and gravy. I ate it like biscuits and gravy. It was nice that the handmade lemonade has free refills. I can't wait to go back.

^

Oooh... That looks so good.

Thanks for sharing.

22. Default Re: HunnyBunny Biscuit Company

Had the chicken pot pie there today...mmmmmmmmmmmm

I also had the Cannonball today, it was fantastic. Roughly like the biscuits and gravy I had before but even better.

I do have one criticism though. If I'm ordering my food and I ask for a Diet Coke, saying they don't have it and suggesting the Mexican Coke instead is about negatively helpful. The clear point of ordering a diet drink is getting something that is sugar/calorie free, please don't suggest something that is literally the opposite of that! I was also a bit unimpressed when I asked if they had anything diet at all and the answer was nothing.

Scottie's next door has a similar problem though at least they have a diet root beer, even if that is a bit odd for your only diet option.

I learned years ago to get water and save 2 bucks. Not everyone can do that but hey, problem solved.

IMG_20180310_103131.jpg

Went a couple Saturdays ago, and I was delighted with what might have been the best croque madame I have ever had. It was sinfully good, made me giggle a little bit. The biscuits and gravy are very good, but not great. The gravy is a bit on the thin side, could use a bit more sausage cook time. But don't get me wrong, these guys are crushing it. The line was out the door and down the street within minutes of me coming in, so either they were following the "Fluffy" guy because he obviously knows where the good food is, or I just got lucky. Either way, great food, love the clean and bright design. Top notch.

Thread Information