Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macaroni Grill

Default Re: Macaroni Grill

In general, I agree with all the recent comments about restaurant Italian quality vs. cost. However, for me there is one exception. Bella Vista. Sure it's a bit if a drive and the facade is ghetto as it can be, but the lasagna dinner with a big salad, wonderful bread and a drink for well under $20 is just too good to pass up. The lasagna is (in my mind) absolutely perfectly classic and I can barely ambulated out of the place afterward. Orders of magnitude better than OG or MG. Side note: Flip's lasagna dinner runs a close second. More of a rustic style, but still a great solution for the Italian craving of a single person. If one didn't get gluttonous, there's enough there for two good meals.

Okay, I'll get crushed for recommending a chain, but I can't deny my own experience: the lasagna I had at a Maggiano's in Dallas was incredible -- chain notwithstanding.

The baked spasagna at Cheddars is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Okay, I'll get crushed for recommending a chain, but I can't deny my own experience: the lasagna I had at a Maggiano's in Dallas was incredible -- chain notwithstanding.
    I remember Maggiano's from when I lived in Charlotte. It's great. Though it's a chain, it's a more exclusive one (you typically only find them in large cities) and the quality is top notch. I would classify them with McCormick & Schmick's, Capital Grille, etc. It's a different category than your average family-casual chains you find in every town, large and small across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Wish I had a "Like" button here. Absolutely true. There was a place I visited in Chicago years ago that had a baked/skillet spaghetti dish that was really similar and just excellent.

Maggiano's is probably the best Italian chain out there, but until then, we have to suffer with Bravo!

7. Default Re: Macaroni Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    My favorite thing on their menu.

[QUOTE=Paseofreak;1000641]In general, I agree with all the recent comments about restaurant Italian quality vs. cost. However, for me there is one exception. Bella Vista. Sure it's a bit if a drive and the facade is ghetto as it can be, but the lasagna dinner with a big salad, wonderful bread and a drink for well under $20 is just too good to pass up. The lasagna is (in my mind) absolutely perfectly classic and I can barely ambulated out of the place afterward. Orders of magnitude better than OG or MG. Side note: Flip's lasagna dinner runs a close second. More of a rustic style, but still a great solution for the Italian craving of a single person. If one didn't get gluttonous, there's enough there for two good meals.

I love Bella Vista. They have good Italian dishes, salads, and pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Maggiano's is probably the best Italian chain out there, but until then, we have to suffer with Bravo!
    Maggianos and Macaroni Grill used to be owned by the same company-Brinker International that also owns Chili's. Macaroni Grill was started by Phil Romano who started Fuddruckers and Rudy's BBQ. He later partnered with Brinker to develop the chain.

10. Default Re: Macaroni Grill

Perfect location for a Cheddars. I love that place and their spasagna is delicious. I agree Dustin. I had it tonight in Norman. It's a shame they don't have a location in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Perfect location for a Cheddars. I love that place and their spasagna is delicious. I agree Dustin. I had it tonight in Norman. It's a shame they don't have a location in the city.
    Here here!!! I'd love to have a Cheddar's in OKC - it's a tremendously affordable, family-friendly place with consistently good food and a pleasant atmosphere. I had hoped we might get one at the long-vacant corner at SW 104th and Crest, but unfortunately we're stuck with a variety of fast-food joints.

Doesn't Midwest City have a Cheddar's?

Regardless, I won't eat at Cheddar's because I was at one in Wichita once and a huge 3-inch long juicy cockroach went running across our table. I know that kind of thing could happen anywhere but eeesh, cockroaches aren't my thing. I have long boycotted the Steak and Catfish Barn for the same reason.

MWC does indeed have a Cheddar's, as does Norman and soon, technically speaking OKC will. One is going in at the Czech Village at Czech Hall and NW 10th. But since it is the south side, it's OKC. I love Cheddar's so I can't wait, but I'm going to have to...last time I checked dirt hadn't even been moved.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    MWC does indeed have a Cheddar's, as does Norman and soon, technically speaking OKC will. One is going in at the Czech Village at Czech Hall and NW 10th. But since it is the south side, it's OKC. I love Cheddar's so I can't wait, but I'm going to have to...last time I checked dirt hadn't even been moved.
    It's great to hear of a new Cheddar's, but for us that's not much closer than the Norman location - in fact, it's almost the same distance as I eyeball it on Google Maps. Maybe the new location is indicative of a trend where they're building more toward these expanding areas and perhaps one will go in somewhere along I-44 toward Tri City...I know, I know, probably wishful thinking/pipe dreaming...

In other words, Cheddars is coming to Yukon/Mustang area?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    In other words, Cheddars is coming to Yukon/Mustang area?
    Czech Hall and I-40 along with Hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Czech Hall and I-40 along with Hooters.
    It's actually a dual-space combo thing, "Cheddar Hooters..."

I keeed

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    It's actually a dual-space combo thing, "Cheddar Hooters..."

I keeed
    Chooters

Thread Information