Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Christian currently is on the roster as are the 16 other guys
    He has a non guaranteed deal so they have until sometime in training camp to waive him before his deal becomes guaranteed for the year. It is quite possible they make another trade or waive and stretch singler to clear a roster spot/save money on tax payments.

Actually the team can sign the player any where in the range of 80% to 120% Of the draft slot so there is something to negotiate
    The only times I've ever seen a rookie sign below the top end of the rookie scale, it was clearly pre-arranged before the player was drafted (even if those discussions are hush hush). I've never heard of a team and agents haggling over this after the draft. It would make OKC look awful if this were the case and they'd quickly develop a terrible reputation in the league. So, yes, while it is possible OKC and Rich Paul were haggling over a few thousand dollars, it would be pretty unprecedented unless there's a case I don't know of. Roberson signed below the top level, but that seemed to clearly have been agreed to already.

Yes, I guess stretching Singler to keep Christon could happen. I just don't think Christon is an NBA-level player. Doesn't seem worth it, but clearly the organization values him more than I do. They've already made inexplicable move in Christon's name (paying Ronnie Price, probably a better player, $5 million to NOT play)... not that stretching Singler is inexplicable, just doing it for Christon is...

Blog Entries

Heard that Singler is a very good practice team player to help simulate the opponents' offense & defense.

So, the questions regarding Kyle Singler are:

Is Singler really that bad of a player?
    Could it be he’s the victim of circumstance?
    Is he not being utilized properly?

When you look at his career statistics, the first thing you’ll notice is he has never averaged more than nine points a game. However, he has never averaged more than five shots per game in his career. To put it simply, his numbers are decent based on his amount of shots combined with made shots. Averaging almost three points a game on less than three shots is about 50%. Which is approximately what his career percentage is.
    Oklahoma City Thunder: Here’s the deal with Kyle Singler: https://thunderousintentions.com/201...-kyle-singler/

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Thunder sign former Bruin Bryce Alford to training camp contract:

After a positive stint in summer league with the Warriors, former UCLA Bruin Bryce Alford is signing with the Thunder on a training camp contract.
    ESPN - NBA Oklahoma City Thunder - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...a-city-thunder

Guard - 6' 3", 185 lbs

Birth Date: January 18, 1995
    Hometown: Albuquerque, NM
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 185 lbs

2016-17 Season:
    PPG RPG APG
    15.5 2.5 2.6

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder roster updates:

(23) Terrance Ferguson - Guard - Age: 19, Height 6-7 - Weight 185, Salary - $1,785,0004
    (4) Nick Collison - Power Forward - Age: 36, Height 6-10 - Weight 255, Salary - $1,471,382
    (9) Jerami Grant Small Forward - Age: 23, Height 6-9 - Weight 210, Salary - $1,524,305

Thunder roster updates: http://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/...a-city-thunder

Blog Entries

Bryce Alford

Bryce Alford- "Weclome to Thunder"

Really should be: Bryce Alford... welcome to the Blue.

Blog Entries

He'll be assigned to the Blue.

Impressed with smart decisions this young man makes; if he can transfer this skill set from college to the NBA you might see another player on par with J. J. Redick or J. J. Barea--nice little piece to keep an eye on.

Another potential 3-point weapon for the Thunder's arsenal.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Well it was a year ago today that the Thunder announced Russ had re-negotiated his contract last season..... Sure would be nice to get that news again today.

New alternate uniforms are out, and they are really not doing much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    New alternate uniforms are out, and they are really not doing much for me.
    I love them. Can't wait for the team to wear them. I think they'll become pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I love them. Can't wait for the team to wear them. I think they'll become pretty popular.
    +1 Will be worn on Sunday games.

Absolutely love the new uniforms. I think they're the best ones OKC has had by a long shot. OKC's logo, uniforms, and general merchandise has been really, really underpar for a pro sports team in my opinion (and a lot of media and experts agree). I hope these new uniforms are a step in the right direction.

http://www.nba.com/thunder/news/stat...niform-170915/

Looks like I'm in the minority with thinking they are fugly. Looking forward to seeing their Christmas uniform this year.

I'll miss the sunsets. Loved those.

These uniforms are fresh to death. My goodness, they can't put them on sale fast enough. I dont miss the old sunsets as much.

Blog Entries

Wish these were the everyday unis.

Blog Entries

Paul George models 2017-18 Thunder alternate uniform.

So KD got caught last night using alternator/private twitter and instagram accounts. He forgot to switch his accounts when he went to reply to people asking him why he left OKC. You can see all the information on twitter, reddit, and other news outlets as the drama is coming to light. So for everyone (especially OKC fans) who have been called salty for claiming KD is weak, here you go. Actual evidence from the cupcake himself where he is so insecure about himself and his decision, that he has fake accounts to help create a hivemind for his liking. Honestly it is rather sad, but holy crap is it entertaining watching this career's personality meltdown.

The reply from (unbeknownst to him) himself was interesting, though. He says the reason he left is because the front office couldn't get anyone other than Russ and called the other players trash. He also said he didn't like playing for Donovan.

Crazy how his mistake on twitter gives us a glimpse of his true reasoning for leaving.

His PR team and him haven't made any comments about this yet, but I wonder how they could spin this, other than maybe claim a PR or intern forgot to log out of KD's official account when they went to reply. (which is a weak excuse)

I would put money on KD regretting leaving. He had no idea how much hate would come from it. I sort of feel bad for the guy, but he has millions of dollars and is lined up to win probably 3 or 4 rings in a row - so I just laugh now.

He's the Taylor Swift of the NBA.

Honestly, I dont care.what he says. He isn't on OUr team anymore so he can kick rocks with no shoes until his feet bleed.

Im more-so excited and amped up for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    Honestly, I dont care.what he says. He isn't on OUr team anymore so he can kick rocks with no shoes until his feet bleed.

Im more-so excited and amped up for this year.
    +1

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    What about the playoff game against Golden State that he is responsible for the thunder losing? Or those times where he was out because of his injury? Seems like he has selective memory.

2016:
    Andre Iguodala: OKC is the best team in the NBA
    Kevin Durant: OKC sucks. We can't win.
    Rest of Warriors: Thanks for not believing in your own team, KD!

Thread Information