Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

We will also be one of 8 teams with a throwback jersey. Interesting to hear that with the hostility in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    We will also be one of 8 teams with a throwback jersey. Interesting to hear that with the hostility in Seattle.
    I don't think this is correct. People misread a headline. It wouldn't make sense for OKC to have a throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    When do those next two uniforms make their appearances?
    I think they could even be released/debuted during the season, but there's no confirmation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I don't think this is correct. People misread a headline. It wouldn't make sense for OKC to have a throwback.
    Yep after I sent that they confirmed they would not be wearing a Sonics throwback.

I think the Thunder have done a good job basically acting like a new expansion team rather than a relocated team.

We don't have any of "our" old championship banners hanging up in the rafters, so I wouldn't expect them to wear "our" old uniforms.

Sonics are dead long live the Thunder!

Isn't there a clause somewhere that if Seattle ever gets another team, that team wil have the rights to all old Sonic records and such, at which point we would lose them anyway? So it makes sense to not even bother with them.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    I think the Thunder have done a good job basically acting like a new expansion team rather than a relocated team.
    Agreed but I'd still love to see Sonic buy the naming rights to the arena and name it the Super Sonic Center..... The heat from angry Supersonic fans might melt the North Pole though!

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Isn't there a clause somewhere that if Seattle ever gets another team, that team wil have the rights to all old Sonic records and such, at which point we would lose them anyway? So it makes sense to not even bother with them.
    Yep. If they get a new team, they retain their franchise history.

Just refreshed myself:

Looks like Seattle kept the rights to anything with the name SuperSonics, including the jerseys, banners, colors, etc. But the franchise record of the Sonics went to the Thunder.

So I guess "we", aka "the Thunder", won the Championship a long time ago? Which could mean that we could hang a "Thunder NBA Champions 19whatever" banner up, since it's still "our" championship? And if Seattle gets a team they get the old branding, but not the old records?

I can see that being a confusing mess, and I like the "we are basically a new franchise with no record" approach a lot better.

Interesting note: Everyone has been saying that Terrance Ferguson has not been signed yet (he's the only first round pick not to sign) because he lacked FIBA clearance, but it appears he's been cleared for two weeks. Since you can't trade a rookie until 30 days after they're signed, it makes you wonder if the the Thunder are including him in trade talks now...

Interesting note: Everyone has been saying that Terrance Ferguson has not been signed yet (he's the only first round pick not to sign) because he lacked FIBA clearance, but it appears he's been cleared for two weeks. Since you can't trade a rookie until 30 days after they're signed, it makes you wonder if the the Thunder are including him in trade talks now...
    I think his agent is holding out. His scale is around a million give or take a couple hundred either side of it.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Thunder's roster has bumped up to 17. They should make some cuts soon; we'll lose 2:

ESPN Thunder roster 2017: http://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/...a-city-thunder

PGs: Christian & Cole are backups to Westbrook & Felton. (May lose 1)
    SFs: Grant, Huestis & Singler are backups to George & McDermott. (May lose 1)

Cole is an unrestricted free agent; there's a good possibility that he may not come back.

Ferguson: He can play the PG or SG. He may spend time in the G-League until they can build his confidence to transition to the NBA.

We'll see how this plays out. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I think his agent is holding out. His scale is around a million give or take a couple hundred either side of it.
    What would his agent holdout on? The salary is pretty much predetermined. There's not much to negotiate. The Thunder have done deals with guys, but those seem to have been agreed to pre-draft. The Thunder would look really cheap trying to negotiate anything.

What would his agent holdout on? The salary is pretty much predetermined. There's not much to negotiate. The Thunder have done deals with guys, but those seem to have been agreed to pre-draft. The Thunder would look really cheap trying to negotiate anything.
    His agent is Rich Paul, who started Klutch Sports....LeBrons' guy. He is known for holding out for the best deal. Myself, i'm not sure what leverage he has but that's what I read.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

His agent is Rich Paul, who started Klutch Sports....LeBrons' guy. He is known for holding out for the best deal. Myself, i'm not sure what leverage he has but that's what I read.
    Norris Cole was on the Thunder's books for $288,131--with 26 games left on the schedule following the All Star break. Cole is an unrestricted free agent should make $1,471,382 for 2017-18.

As Dankrutka mentioned there's not a lot of wiggle room with his contract. Cole had a workout with the Pelicans on July 24.

Semaj Christon may be a better player option to retain at $1,312,611 (2017-18) as a backup point guard to Westbrook & Felton.

So excited for this year. I think this off-season has proven Sam Presti is the best, if not a top 3, GM in the league. Not crazy aabout melo but i think were just going for the jugular and trying to go all in. Dont really see a new uniform and not sure why we haven't upgraded OUr image/brand like mentioned above. Uni's that say "o-city or no-city" would be hip and capture the chest out and chin up pride a lot of us OKIES have about OUr city these days.

Really curious though, you guys have any info as to which companies we will partner with to do the new advertising patches were supposed to put on OUr uniforms in accordance to NBA standards?

Would love to see a local successful company like Paycom take advantage of that opportunity. For what ESPN likes to hate on us and call us a "small market" we sure did have a ton of highly rated games last year. Coming off a year with the mvp this would be a great chance to capitalize on TV coverage/visibility.

I can see Cole and Christon both being cut. If they want to stretch Singler they might cut him too.

Ferguson signed yesterday so we set at 17 players today.

I can see Cole and Christon both being cut. If they want to stretch Singler they might cut him too.

Ferguson signed yesterday so we set at 17 players today.
    We are at 16 as of now. Cole is not part of the team in any way

Christian has a non guaranteed deal with the decide date pushed back to training camp

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see more movement in the next month and a half. Whether it be a cut or trades involving multiple players.

The roster is full with the Ferguson signing so Christon is only coming back on the Blue, a new two way deal, or in the event of a trade.

Again, there's nothing to hold out for. You pretty much just give Ferguson his deal. There's no leverage or bargaining needed. Pretty much every rookie signs for the league set salary.

The roster is full with the Ferguson signing so Christon is only coming back on the Blue, a new two way deal, or in the event of a trade.
    Christian currently is on the roster as are the 16 other guys
    He has a non guaranteed deal so they have until sometime in training camp to waive him before his deal becomes guaranteed for the year. It is quite possible they make another trade or waive and stretch singler to clear a roster spot/save money on tax payments.

Again, there's nothing to hold out for. You pretty much just give Ferguson his deal. There's no leverage or bargaining needed. Pretty much every rookie signs for the league set salary.
    Actually the team can sign the player any where in the range of 80% to 120% Of the draft slot so there is something to negotiate

There's a scale for that salary (up to 120% of the rookie salary for that draft position), so there is a bit of negotiating that can happen.

Edit: Oops. Boulder said this an hour ago.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    There's a scale for that salary (up to 120% of the rookie salary for that draft position), so there is a bit of negotiating that can happen.

Edit: Oops. Boulder said this an hour ago.
    This is what I've been trying to say. It looks like they gave him the top end of the scale.

Thread Information