Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Really good write up on Dakari Johnson for anyone interested.

"If Dakari Johnson had been drafted in 2005 instead of 2015, his value would be through the roof as a backup 5. However, in today’s we-only-love-extremely-versatile-bigs mantra he might find himself on the outside looking in for a 15-man roster spot."

https://2ways10days.com/despite-majo...n-6fcd4a1e755f

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

The rest of his game is good. But when it's a close game and they start hacking and exposing him to force Donovan's hand to take him out, that's what is going to get annoying. If i were him i would be in the gym practicing only free throws this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    The rest of his game is good. But when it's a close game and they start hacking and exposing him to force Donovan's hand to take him out, that's what is going to get annoying. If i were him i would be in the gym practicing only free throws this off season.
    I agree it's annoying, but it's the only thing some people can talk about when discussing him (not you, obviously), which suggests they're not recognizing that he's the hardest working defensive player on our team who covered Russ' defensive laziness all season. He takes so much pressure off other players and was the primary reason OKC was a top 10 defensive team and had success. Also, I guarantee you Roberson is, and has been, working on his free throws every day. Everyone seems to think free throws + hard work = improvement, but that's not the case for a lot of players who fail to substantially improve their free throw percentages over their careers. Some guys dedicate the attention on free throws and even get worse. I hope Andre improves, but I wouldn't count on his shot (free throws or threes) ever improving. However, with the Thunder's acquisitions like a stretch 4 in Patterson, Donovan might be able to play Robes as a "big" on offense who cuts around the basket instead of sitting on the three point line. This could help Roberson be more appropriately used as he was against Golden State in the 2016 Western Conference Finals. But, more than anything, OKC is paying for an elite defensive talent. I'm glad OKC has him back in the fold on such a reasonable deal.

Blog Entries

Agree, Roberson did minimized the pressure off the Thunder offensive game. I'm confident he will improve his free throws; as long as he doesn't allow it to affect his mentality.

You have a number of Thunder players who will receive compensation for steps (experience) associated with the players' CBA. Many of them have game deficiencies in need of improvement.

Happy for Roberson's achievement.

Hopefully Roberson won't have to shoot many 3s next season. His game is within 2 feet of the basket anything outside that perimeter could end up as an air ball.

Raymond Felton signing a 1 year deal with OKC for the veteran minimum. A huge (literally and figuratively) upgrade over Semaj Christon at backup point guard. Again, Presti is really having an amazing offseason.

OKC is way over the luxury tax line and still have to sign Tarrance Ferguson. While OKC might be willing to pay the tax I suspect they'll either (a) try to lessen their bill by stretching Kyle Singler's contract (or trading him with an asset attached) or (b) trade Kanter before the trade deadline in February (which might require an asset attached also). Either way, the Thunder are going all in this season.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Raymond Felton signing a 1 year deal with OKC for the veteran minimum. A huge (literally and figuratively) upgrade over Semaj Christon at backup point guard. Again, Presti is really having an amazing offseason.

OKC is way over the luxury tax line and still have to sign Tarrance Ferguson. While OKC might be willing to pay the tax I suspect they'll either (a) try to lessen their bill by stretching Kyle Singler's contract (or trading him with an asset attached) or (b) trade Kanter before the trade deadline in February (which might require an asset attached also). Either way, the Thunder are going all in this season.
    I believe you can only stretch a contract once and I highly doubt they'll use it to stretch Singler. Now they might stretch Kanter or trade him. That contract is just terrible.

Does Collison retire? Doesn't seem like there is much room for him on this roster, would hate to see Mr Thunder go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I believe you can only stretch a contract once and I highly doubt they'll use it to stretch Singler. Now they might stretch Kanter or trade him. That contract is just terrible.
    Never heard you can only stretch one contract. Maybe you're thinking of the old amnesty provision? Kanter, while overpaid, is an NBA player who is useful in some situations; Singler is not. Stretching Kanter's contract would also include like $34 million. That would still mean paying something like $7 million per season fof 5 years. That would be quite a salary hit for a guy not playing. Singler's would be a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Does Collison retire? Doesn't seem like there is much room for him on this roster, would hate to see Mr Thunder go elsewhere.
    I've been wondering this too. Love to see him back for another season.

Blog Entries

Why not add Nick Collison to the coaching staff?

Raymond Felton addition: http://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/...a-city-thunder

#2 PG6' 1", 205 lb., Age: 33

15 musical chairs left with 16 tentative roster players.

Welcome to Thunderdome; 'two men enter, one man leaves...'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEasYRpV0AAgDbC.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13972

Just wanted to extend the invite to OKCTalk! Let's make a lasting impression on PG13 and his family!

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Tracking Paul George's arrival to OKC (Will Rogers World Airport): http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...630Z/KVNY/KOKC

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Thunderous welcome for Paul George.

OKC - PG 1 3

https://www.facebook.com/OKCThunder/...4891394083995/

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Nick Collison signs one-year deal and will retire after season: https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/14/1...t-lifer-status

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Nick Collison signs one-year deal and will retire after season: https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/14/1...t-lifer-status
    Good news. Great player over the years and glad to see him retire in the Thunder blue.

Blog Entries

You now have player combinations (Westbrook, George, McDermott, Roberson, Abrines, Grant) who can spread the floor. Last season was full of frustration where RW couldn't rest or catch his breath with a 10 point lead that would evaporate in a few minutes.

Defensive fouls on 3 point shooters; this will be a major concern that needs to be addressed.

Hope things get better. Those of you who have been advocates of trading RW, you just have no idea as to how he impacts the Thunder. Once you blow up this team it may take 10-15 years before we have a competitor. Take the Lakers with all their tradition, they would love to get back into playoff competition.

New uniforms are out:

Not very innovative. They don't look any different from the uniforms Adidas did. Where's the creativity?

Blog Entries

the swoosh was innovative before it was cool, i guess

There's tremendous irony in the fact that the team with one of the most fashionable stars in the sports world is perhaps the least innovative with its branding.

Love the Thunder but have always thought their branding was embarrassing and easily the worst in the league, maybe all of big-league sports.

There was not expected to be much change on these jerseys, but the next two uniforms will be new. And, yes, OKC has the worst bearing in the NBA across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    There was not expected to be much change on these jerseys, but the next two uniforms will be new. And, yes, OKC has the worst bearing in the NBA across the board.
    When do those next two uniforms make their appearances?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Love the Thunder but have always thought their branding was embarrassing and easily the worst in the league, maybe all of big-league sports.
    I always thought the Barons proposal with black and gold and the obvious ties to oil would have been the most perfect match in all of sports. But alas, we get the Thunder.

Thread Information