Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industry Gastro Lounge

Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge

I love heading towntown, visit midtown frequently, enjoy the plaza district, and support all kinds of areas in the city.

But then I’m often **** on here for having an Edmond zip code, so I guess it is what it is.

The Memorial corridor needs more quality places.

I bet Industry does very well.

I already really like Uncle Julio's (when I can get in) and look forward to Birra Birra and Chalk, also in Chisholm Creek.

I just got back from a vacation up in the North Eastern part of the U.S. While there my wife and I had stopped in King of Prussia, PA; now I know we don't have the same demographic as King of Prussia (think the wealthy upper middle to upper class suburb to Philadelphia). I have always enjoyed walking through their mall, which is massive and has all of the top luxury brands you could ask for, but they have recently added on to their mall as well as there is a whole new mixed used development that probably sprang up in the past two years called King of Prussia Town Center. I only hope Chisholm Creek can speed up and have the same level of foot traffic that I experienced up there. Of course they have my favorite grocery store in the U.S. - Wegman's. If I had a few million to pay the franchise fee and could come up with some land I would bring that store to Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yea, that would NEVER happen in Bricktown.

I don't know why people who hang out at places serving massive amounts of liquor are surprised that fights break out after midnight. LOL..

I lived in the area for 20 years and never witnessed a yelling match or fist-fight in any restaurant or establishment along Memorial. It's funny how some always happen to be where the trouble is.
    Never mentioned that I hang out in Bricktown. I avoid Bricktown for the same reasons. Also, are you insinuating that I am the cause of "trouble?" Now THAT is funny.

Blog Entries

No insinuation. You are just unlucky. But your insinuation that this is a wild and dangerous area isn’t supported by fact. Arguments can happen anywhere. I’ve even heard people argue in Nichols Hills. The horror.

I am looking forward to not only Industry, but Birra Birra and also Firebirds too (coming in September I hear)

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    No insinuation. You are just unlucky. But your insinuation that this is a wild and dangerous area isn’t supported by fact. Arguments can happen anywhere. I’ve even heard people argue in Nichols Hills. The horror.
    To be clear, I do not believe that Memorial is a "wild and dangerous area." However, I prefer Uptown/Midtown to Memorial bars for the reason I already stated. To touch on your point about facts, see below.

From the Baker Street bar manager of 5 years - "Fighting was very common until the last few years it was open. Once we added more security most altercations were stopped before escalating, but altercations were still common." He went on to say he had many friends who worked at the neighboring bars and that they all had similar clientele/altercations.

From a friend who works or has worked at The Pump, Bunker Club, Ponyboy, Rockford and many other bars in Uptown/Midtown - "I have only heard of 1 fight but have never seen any."

^

Don't forget the OKC cop who was paralyzed at Dan O'Brien's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    To be clear, I do not believe that Memorial is a "wild and dangerous area." However, I prefer Uptown/Midtown to Memorial bars for the reason I already stated. To touch of your point about facts, see below.

From the Baker Street bar manager of 5 years - "Fighting was very common until the last few years it was open. Once we added more security most altercations were stopped before escalating, but altercations were still common." He went on to say he had many friends who worked at the neighboring bars and that they all had similar clientele/altercations.

From a friend who works or has worked at The Pump, Bunker Club, Ponyboy, Rockford and many other bars in Uptown/Midtown - "I have only heard of 1 fight but have never seen any."
    Baker street also had a reputation of over-serving it's customers... i know this from first hand experience... i should have been cut off a few times there (when i was much younger and less wise) and they still kept letting me order drinks. Most good establishments do not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    To be clear, I do not believe that Memorial is a "wild and dangerous area." However, I prefer Uptown/Midtown to Memorial bars for the reason I already stated. To touch of your point about facts, see below.

I saw a fight at the Pump 2 weeks ago on a Friday night, lady got her weave ripped off and was swinging at her entire table, the bouncers, everybody. Eventually the cops came and she wrenched her arm away and got a lick in on the side of the cops face as well, it was wild.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    Baker street also had a reputation of over-serving it's customers... i know this from first hand experience... i should have been cut off a few times there (when i was much younger and less wise) and they still kept letting me order drinks. Most good establishments do not do this.
    Was also known as a pick-up bar. It wasn’t a neighborhood bar in any sense.
    There aren’t many “let’s just go get drunk and pick up someone” places in the whole area. Those that were haven’t lasted too long.

I live about a block from the pump and am a early evening regular. I talked to several eye witnesses and employees about that craziness. Apparently she was by herself and not with the table, someone hugged her around the shoulders and it caused her wig to slip back. Then she went terminator and punched something like a dozen people multiple times in the face, strangers at the table, multiple employees, cop, no one fought back it was just a flurry of blows and clawing fingernails. Except the cop who body slammed her into a squad car. I don’t know how many criminal counts she faces but most everyone pressed charges, especially those who were clawed and scratched.

As someone else said I’ve heard about a few fights in uptown. Including that biker who pulled a knife outside the pump on the employees who asked he stop revving his chopper, ripped out a pink flamingo, then threatened police. But never seen one.

I have however, seen a full on brawl, 20+ plus fighting the only time someone convinced me to go to ROKbar, the manifestation that resided in the building that was applewoods, north fork, dan O’Brien’s (where Pete mentioned the off duty cop, who tried to stop a fight, now quadriplegic), a few others, and now a salt grass steakhouse. I don’t think memorial is a dangerous area, but it was notionally club-ish in the late 2000’s. Even the Buddha sushi bar in the building that now houses rock n brew had an upstairs Asian techno dance club that operated on weekends. Clubs bring fights, especially in the “tapout, affliction, ed hardy” scene, which Baker Street and fox and hound also catered to. At the time Edmond only had one full bar which was actually a pool hall, the wolf trap. So all the “young adults” massed at the clubs and bars on memorial. Next I suspect we’ll see it going down on quail creek.

WOW @ that Pump/crazy woman story. That had to be some scene to witness. I suppose Rover is right in stating that fighting can happen anywhere, but I will continue to test my luck at R&J and the like. And who knows, maybe I'll venture away from my opinion and give this new bar a try once it opens.

14. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge

Haha my one and only bar fight was at the Wolftrap, many, many years ago. 100% against my will, but thankfully I did prevail. In his defense, he was truly drunk, while I was only a tiny bit drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    I live about a block from the pump and am a early evening regular. I talked to several eye witnesses and employees about that craziness. Apparently she was by herself and not with the table, someone hugged her around the shoulders and it caused her wig to slip back. Then she went terminator and punched something like a dozen people multiple times in the face, strangers at the table, multiple employees, cop, no one fought back it was just a flurry of blows and clawing fingernails. Except the cop who body slammed her into a squad car. I don’t know how many criminal counts she faces but most everyone pressed charges, especially those who were clawed and scratched.
    Haha I am glad someone could corroborate my story! It is so outrageous everyone thinks I am making it up or embellishing it to make it more ridiculous and I haven't had any luck looking for a news article.
    (Also, avatar is a fantasy book reference- just clarifying that I am not one of said Ed Hardy types lol)

They have yet to set an opening date but these are from their FB page:

^^^ I'll bet *their* streetlight works...

Did they spray paint their couch??

This place is impressive. They have not set an opening date but the interior looks finished; they are likely training and/or waiting for final occupancy permits.

How soon do you think it will be before they can announce an opening date? Are we looking at mid-fall ???

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    How soon do you think it will be before they can announce an opening date? Are we looking at mid-fall ???
    My guess is within about 2 weeks.

Possibly they're waiting til Oct 1st so they don't have to buy 3.2 before switching over? I figure they will have plenty of highpoint beer on tap but...

They open next Monday, Oct. 1st.

From their FB page:

Would like to see their food menu when it is available.

I went there today for a soft opening and we all enjoyed the food. The space is much larger than I expected and will definitely be more of a bar scene at nights. I didn't take a picture of the menu, but they have everything from pizza to steaks and chicken fried steak.

Thread Information