Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angry Scotsman Brewing

Default Re: Angry Scotsman Brewing

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    It'll always be Dumont's to me.

Just shows how old I am.
    Dumont's is still around, one block to the north on California.

2. Default Re: Angry Scotsman Brewing

Went to the opening today. It was nice to see a nice big tap list with some really good beer, and their patio is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dumont's is still around, one block to the north on California.
    Yes, and Micheal has done a great job of navigating through generational change. But, my deeper question is what is a better use of the property-a business that services Porsche automobiles, or a business that makes beer?

Finally hit up the new taproom on Tuesday before a concert at Jones. Must say their taproom is the best in the city now and they have a crazy amount of beers on tap. They even have three or four of their beers with Nitro. Their patio is huge and setup nicely with an amazing view of the Devon and BOK towers. They really hit this out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Finally hit up the new taproom on Tuesday before a concert at Jones. Must say their taproom is the best in the city now and they have a crazy amount of beers on tap. They even have three or four of their beers with Nitro. Their patio is huge and setup nicely with an amazing view of the Devon and BOK towers. They really hit this out of the park.
    It is a great taproom. Lots of potential for that whole section of Reno to be redeveloped.

Curious, what makes it the best taproom?

^

It is really nice and large inside, has tons of beers on tap and the patio is huge, and east-facing with a great skyline view.

There is also an outdoor service window.

They plan some outdoor pergolas / shade structures down the road.

Large taproom with a nice clean layout + large variety of solid beers that people actually drink.Pretty much what Pete says above. Doesn’t hurt that Rusty Kiltpin is my favorite beer on tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It is really nice and large inside, has tons of beers on tap and the patio is huge, and east-facing with a great skyline view.

There is also an outdoor service window.

They plan some outdoor pergolas / shade structures down the road.
    they also got approval for a concrete pad for food trucks at the last DDRC meeting

Can't wait till Lively opens up shop a block away.

Last I knew, breweries here weren't allowed to put anything in the taproom that they hadn't brewed. Is that still the case? All the beers on tap are Angry Scotsman creations? I wish they could do guest taps. Went to the Great Divide taproom in Denver and they had a couple guest taps from other parts of the country. Was a neat way to foster collaboration and try some different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Can't wait till Lively opens up shop a block away.

Last I knew, breweries here weren't allowed to put anything in the taproom that they hadn't brewed. Is that still the case? All the beers on tap are Angry Scotsman creations? I wish they could do guest taps. Went to the Great Divide taproom in Denver and they had a couple guest taps from other parts of the country. Was a neat way to foster collaboration and try some different things.
    They had two beers from Frenzy Brewing on tap as of last week

They had two beers from Frenzy Brewing on tap as of last week
    Frenzy is currently contract brewing their beer at Angry Scotsman until their facility in Edmond opens. That's why they can sell those Frenzy beers at Angry Scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by mattyiceokc View Post
    Frenzy is currently contract brewing their beer at Angry Scotsman until their facility in Edmond opens. That's why they can sell those Frenzy beers at Angry Scotsman
    Yep, that's basically what I'd heard. So I guess my question was inaccurate. They aren't all Angry Scotsman creations, but they are all brewed on-site.

Thread Information