Widgets Magazine

Thread: Legacy Grill to close, become Charleston's.

Default Legacy Grill to close, become Charleston's.

Default Re: Legacy Grill to close, become Charleston's.

I think Charleston's will be a good fit for this restaurant group.

It's pretty clear Legacy Grill wasn't doing very well.

Plus, Charleston's will offer lunch during the week, which Legacy did not.

However, they are planning to be closed starting June 25th and not reopen until late August. That's missing almost the entire summer... And another expensive remodel after they've already done two on that space.

Hope this proves to be a better fit.

4. Default Re: Legacy Grill to close, become Charleston's.

Well that is unfortunate, but not unexpected. I've been a few times on Friday/Saturday nights since the re-open and it was always dead. I'm going to miss some of their food, but Charleston's is one of my all-time favorite restaurants, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

5. Default Re: Legacy Grill to close, become Charleston's.

I still think they should have left Legacy Grill at Legacy Park in Norman, as was originally planned, and turned KD's into a Red Canyon Grill since Red Canyon was already a succesful concept for them here.

Charleston's is a growing brand in the Hal Smith organization. They are also opening in the fall a new Charleston's restaurant in Kansas City. Not only is Kansas City going to be a new city for the brand, but it will be a new territory for a new area partner in the company. The goal will be to have 3 Charleston's in the Kansas City metro. This is a brand that is doing very, very well, and is expanding not only locally, but geographically, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I still think they should have left Legacy Grill at Legacy Park in Norman, as was originally planned, and turned KD's into a Red Canyon Grill since Red Canyon was already a succesful concept for them here.
    I really like that idea. A Red Rock Grille in downtown OKC would be, or would have been, awesome. I was never more than cautiously optimistic that the "Legacy Grill" would catch on the way KD's had. Just more collateral damage from that so-and-so....

8. Default Re: Legacy Grill to close, become Charleston's.

Yeah, strictly as a consumer I personally would have been more geeked about RRCG (one of my all-time favorites, and a place that manages a cool modern style), but as someone doing business in Bricktown I think Charleston's is a great (maybe better..?) fit for the diverse market aalready down here. GREAT news about lunches.

The lunch service offered by Charleston's is probably the better fit here.

2Lanez Guest

HSRG tried to pivot away from Durant, and in doing so, chose a name that seemed to reference some comments from Durant early in his OKC career. Even if that correlation is just perceived and wasn't their intent, it was a mistake.

2Lanez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Charleston's is a growing brand in the Hal Smith organization. They are also opening in the fall a new Charleston's restaurant in Kansas City. Not only is Kansas City going to be a new city for the brand, but it will be a new territory for a new area partner in the company. The goal will be to have 3 Charleston's in the Kansas City metro. This is a brand that is doing very, very well, and is expanding not only locally, but geographically, as well.
    Right, this has been their plan with Charleston's for some time. There are already 17 Charleston's open across five states (OK, TX, AZ, NE, IN).

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    HSRG tried to pivot away from Durant, and in doing so, chose a name that seemed to reference some comments from Durant early in his OKC career. Even if that correlation is just perceived and wasn't their intent, it was a mistake.
    I too, thought it was in poor taste (smack in the middle of basketball season) to go with "Legacy" as Durant had just left his okc "legacy" in the ash heap and the modern NBA is having an identity crisis in general. It would have been just as easy to take out most of the TVs and all the sports memorabilia and just do upscale southern without going back with a seemingly, albeit perhaps just my perception, tongue & cheek display Oklahomans with glorious legacies, meanwhile, golden state is having a championship season. Hell, he could have gotten Toby to sign off an a gentlemans TK'SILTBAG if Hal was desperate for a theme. Legacy wasn't necessarily a bad concept. But to replace KD's seemed like a very very expensive FU from Hal to Kevin that didn't make for a pleasurable dining experience.

What a legacy they left.

Is this open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrings View Post
    Is this open yet?
    Yes, opened over a month ago.

Seems to be doing better than Legends ever did.

Thread Information