Widgets Magazine

Thread: Grocery Delivery

Default Grocery Delivery

Has anyone used any of the grocery delivery services? I just received a nice $25.00 coupon to order from InstaCart and they shop at Homeland, Whole Foods Market, and Natural Grocers as well as Petco and since I'm a retiree on a fixed income, Petco might be a good place to buy food! It seems to be a good deal and no delivery fees if I purchase a minimum dollar amount. The other service I know about requires an annual fee and they just started this week. Any information will be appreciated.
    C. T.

Default Re: Grocery Delivery

There is also Shipt, but they only shop Walmart.

My friend is using Shipt (I think). They had an intro price of $50/year and a minimum $35/order. I didn't know it was only Walmart, but sounded like a decent deal if you don't have the time

I received the $50.00 offer from Shipt, but it's $99.99 annually after the first year. It's nice that InstaCart has store options, but they certainly aren't the cheapest. I don't like the annual fee of Shipt. I need to find out if I will be paying regular prices (with a delivery fee if I don't spend at least $35.00) at InstaCart. I will try to contact them Monday or Tuesday and will post their response.
    C. T.

. . .can't help but wonder how this will work with all of the "front porch" robberies. . .unless your home when your "meal arrives. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . .can't help but wonder how this will work with all of the "front porch" robberies. . .unless your home when your "meal arrives. . . .
    FoodieFan,
    This is not meal delivery, it's grocery delivery and I think you have to be home when it's delivered. I don't have a problem with that.
    C. T.

Yes with all the grocery services I've seen you have to be home, because it's not like this is packaged from amazon. Basically you are just using a service that hires people to go shop for you and deliver it to your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Yes with all the grocery services I've seen you have to be home, because it's not like this is packaged from amazon. Basically you are just using a service that hires people to go shop for you and deliver it to your house.
    Thanks CT and Zuplar. . .makes more sense. . I was thinking more along the lines of amazon . . . .which wouldn't work to well for fresh food in summer heat!!

9. Default Re: Grocery Delivery

Thanks CT and Zuplar. . .makes more sense. . I was thinking more along the lines of amazon . . . .which wouldn't work to well for fresh food in summer heat!!
    My friend in DC uses a fresh food service from Amazon and you schedule a pickup window with them and you have to be there for them to deliver it, otherwise it goes back to allow for proper temperatures of the items. They are all packaged appropriately with cool gel and foil lined packaging. It works for her for the most part, except when the drivers get lazy and leaves it at her apartment complexes front desk or claim that she wasn't there.

Thread Information