Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - June & July 2017

Default General Weather Discussion - June & July 2017

Combining the end of spring to beginning of summer months in one thread.

As you can see by the map below, the rain was extremely random and local to places over the past week. For the week ahead, very quiet weather on tap - highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s. Next chances of rain look low, but maybe something around Friday/Saturday. Enjoy the late spring weather!

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - June & July 2017

Looks like Severe weather comes back into Oklahoma Next Week!!

I dont think a 40% chance of storms is worth two exclamation points. Calm down Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I dont think a 40% chance of storms is worth two exclamation points. Calm down Bobby.
    I've never known anybody who loves destruction as much as he does. I am sure he would change his tune if he was ever in the direct path of a tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Bobby, have you ever considered valium? lol

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    Bobby, have you ever considered valium? lol
    These two comments made me literally LOL. Thanks for the Monday pick-me-up!!

I think he got excited prematurely. Nothing really showing up of interest, except for some showers.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I think he got excited prematurely. Nothing really showing up of interest, except for some showers.
    And/or he sees what he wants to see even when it's more desperate hope than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Probably not the only thing he does prematurely.

Have you ever heard the pounding roar of a tornado passing over your head or nearby? I have twice and don't care to experience it for a third time. If you haven't, it sounds like the drying cycle when your car is in an automated car wash.

Hey anon, anyone see any long-term "heat domes" cranking up as they often do this time of year?

Yes. Right now the GFS is creeping 100s towards C OK by late next week, then a brief cooldown for a couple days before it builds back even stronger as we head toward July. Long-range model forecast has full blown heat-dome characteristics all over it.

There is a low chance of storms developing tonight and trying to skirt southeasterly from NW OK. Really hope this happens as this could be the last legitimate shot @ a drink OK will get for a while.

14. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - June & July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Hey anon, anyone see any long-term "heat domes" cranking up as they often do this time of year?
    Looks like we have our first ozone alert today.... so the heat dome can't be far behind.

It looks like next Wednesday is our best shot at severe weather here in the metro!!

It looks like next Wednesday is our best shot at severe weather here in the metro!!
    Well, by-gollie, lets put our helmets on NOW so we can frolic through the hailstorm when it gets here!!!

I realize its just done for trolling, which necessarily implies I shouldn't respond, but whether manufactured or real, your meteorological bloodlust is eerily and creepily shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I realize its just done for trolling, which necessarily implies I shouldn't respond, but whether manufactured or real, your meteorological bloodlust is eerily and creepily shocking.
    I am just trying to get the word out to folks so they can be aware of what may be coming our way so as to making plans for next week etc as a heads up.

I am just trying to get the word out to folks so they can be aware of what may be coming our way so as to making plans for next week etc as a heads up.
    Thank you kind sir. We are forever grateful.

You mean like Chicken Little?

Wednesday - Friday next week is beginning to look more promising for rain/storms. Details won't be known until closer to that timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Wednesday - Friday next week is beginning to look more promising for rain/storms. Details won't be known until closer to that timeframe.
    Just like I have been saying it would be all along.

Just like I have been saying it would be all along.
    The relative accuracy of the statement was never in dispute. It was the display of met bloodlust that occupies so much of your soul that most of us in this thread find very, well, disturbing. For your sake.

For Those With Storm Anxiety, Just The Threat Of Bad Weather Can Be Agonizing

http://kgou.org/post/those-storm-anx...n-be-agonizing

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    For Those With Storm Anxiety, Just The Threat Of Bad Weather Can Be Agonizing

http://kgou.org/post/those-storm-anx...n-be-agonizing
    Interesting read. I can identify a bit with Rick Smith, at least when I was a kid. When I heard even a "Severe Thunderstorm Watch" was out, I didn't want my parents to take me out anywhere. I was absolutely terrified of getting caught in a horrible storm. Drove my dad nuts, but he's just a miserable old fossil now. The change for me as I got older was to learn more about weather in general and storms in particular, how they work, and when and what constitutes situations where action is really necessary. And as much as I picked up then, I've picked up nearly as much again learning from our old friend and former contributor Venture and now Anon here.

Learning when to be concerned is the biggest trick to overcoming seven-day outlooks and overhyped warnings from TV guys of questionable motivations. Good post.

Thread Information