Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

I would think that a Garage Burger joint would fit very nicely here, especially since there are already garage doors facing Sheridan. Hopefully if a restaurant does go in, it will be a local place, or perhaps another local brew-pub.

Quote Originally Posted by gamermp101 View Post
    I would think that a Garage Burger joint would fit very nicely here, especially since there are already garage doors facing Sheridan. Hopefully if a restaurant does go in, it will be a local place, or perhaps another local brew-pub.
    I would hope it would be something a little more unique than that, especially since there is already so many burger restaurants in the vicinity and there is a Garage less than a mile away in Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I hope the nightclub happens.
    I think it depends on what kind. It would be cool to have a jazz lounge in OKC (would something like that be successful here?) I think this building would be a perfect location for such a concept if it were to be tried here. I would hope to not see another one of your typical OKC nightclubs a-la Circus Party Bar.

There is a place in Grapevine called "Great Scott" https://www.google.com/search?q=Grea...=1920&bih=1012

I have actually spoke with them about this building, because their current location has the same feel and size and also they have a menu and plating philosophy that doesn't exist in downtown. Plus they have a happy hour with 1/2 of charcuterie..

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I think it depends on what kind. It would be cool to have a jazz lounge in OKC (would something like that be successful here?) I think this building would be a perfect location for such a concept if it were to be tried here. I would hope to not see another one of your typical OKC nightclubs a-la Circus Party Bar.
    Not sure if UCO's Jazz Lab in Edmond fits the description of a jazz lounge, since I've never been, and not sure how much money it makes (don't know if it's all underwritten by UCO or if it has to make a profit to pay rent or ......), but it might qualify as a successful jazz lounge.

5. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

I'd like to see a Yard House.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    It would be cool to have a jazz lounge in OKC (would something like that be successful here?) I think this building would be a perfect location for such a concept if it were to be tried here.
    Maker's was a speakeasy jazz lounge and cigar bar in Bricktown that shut down around 7 years ago. The location was fairly hidden, which was part of the appeal, but may or may not have affected business. If I remember right, they shut down from tax issues, not lack of success. https://www.yelp.com/biz/makers-ciga...-oklahoma-city

7. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

^^^^^^^^
    Correct. If there is any cauitonary tale to be told about Maker's - other than excercising care when selecting business partners and keeping an eye on things no matter who is tasked with running them - is not to say grace over too much square footage. If they'd never opened the upstairs portion, the original Maker's might still be open today. R.I.P. One of the best bars not only in the history of Bricktown, but of OKC.

8. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

A Yard House would do extremely well in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Correct. If there is any cauitonary tale to be told about Maker's - other than excercising care when selecting business partners and keeping an eye on things no matter who is tasked with running them - is not to say grace over too much square footage. If they'd never opened the upstairs portion, the original Maker's might still be open today. R.I.P. One of the best bars not only in the history of Bricktown, but of OKC.
    I've heard a lot of people talk about this bar. It's a shame that it closed and that nobody else has managed to try the concept. I think a historic building with a lot of character like the Spaghetti Warehouse building would be perfect for it.

10. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

"possible nightclub in the full basement."

Love this. I think OKC should have more basement dance clubs and bars.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Here is the latest rendering of the next phase of renovation, which will involve replacing all the windows and exterior renovation.

Most of us have never seen this building without the upper floors boarded.

HangryHippo Guest

This is going to be incredible and will make such a difference.

Probably the most visible corner in all of Bricktown.

Can't wait to see it come back to life.

Honestly I miss the Spaghetti Warehouse. I know it really wasn't that great of a restaurant, but made an excellent date night choice for my wife and I while were

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    Honestly I miss the Spaghetti Warehouse. I know it really wasn't that great of a restaurant, but made an excellent date night choice for my wife and I while were
    You’re not alone. My whole family enjoyed it and misses it.

My first real date (off campus with actual money spent) with my wife was at that Spaghetti Warehouse about 14 years ago. I had lasagna breath for our first kiss!

Never went to eat there.

New panes, new gains for former Spaghetti Warehouse building

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record February 14, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY – Light will soon shine inside the top floors of the Spaghetti Warehouse building in Bricktown.

Originally constructed as the Oklahoma Furniture Manufacturing Company Building, the warehouse property at 101 E. Sheridan Ave. has boarded and bricked-up windows.

There are 216 windows to be exact, said Sam Coury, who bought the property and is redeveloping it. Coury has spent most of his life developing commercial real estate. This is his first time to tackle an old building though. He said he sees it as any other type of building.

“It’s no big deal,” he said.

The city of Oklahoma City’s planning department approved the window changes, though the Bricktown Urban Design Committee was given the chance to ask questions about the project at its Wednesday meeting. The committee didn’t see any major problems with the plan.

Coury said he was waiting for the committee’s approval before he ordered the windows. He’ll place the order this week.

He said he took out some of the brick on a couple of windows to test the building’s stability and nothing shifted.

“When I get them in, it will be beautiful,” he said.

Coury is working with architect Catherine Montgomery, president and founder of Preservation Design Studio. Montgomery is known for her ability to work through the process of getting a building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. She then helps the owner update the structure with the guidance of the Oklahoma State Historic Preservation Office. Getting on the register and updating the building properly allows the owner to qualify for state and federal historic tax credits.

Montgomery said the new windows were coordinated with SHPO, in case Coury wanted to pursue getting on the register, but Coury said he doesn’t know if he’ll pursue that. The windows would have been updated to properly fit the old building.

Coury’s plans provided to the city do not specify a use. He said he’d like to install the new windows, get the building cleaned up, then work with people who are interested in buying a condo in the 98,000-square-foot, six-story structure. He said the building is in sound shape and even has white-oak floors that bear the stamp of a Texarkana, Arkansas manufacturer.

He said he expects to have the windows replaced in the next 90 days. He’s already started working on cleaning the interior.

Montgomery said the interior is beautiful, with a light layer of nostalgic dust. She said replacing the windows will bring an awesome change to the corner of Sheridan and Oklahoma avenues.

“It’s suddenly going to look alive,” she said.

We loved Spaghetti Warehouse. I hated to see it close. They had the best Sangria in town.

Making room for the new windows:

21. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

YAY! I dont actually remember the last time there were windows there!

Can't believe I'm seeing this.

Already looks better. You would think when they first bricked in the windows they could have found brick that matched better so it wasn't so painfully obvious

man... i'd love to see what those top floors look like now.

I posted this before and I don't believe they've done any work inside; these were from January:

Thread Information