Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The response to that tweet is that the city is working with them to get that work done.
    Yep, saw that, but I just thought the deadline indicated that the work had to be done already. Not sure what the incentive is in providing an extension to negligent owners like these. Then again, I don't know the fine details of situations like this...

They reached an agreement to take care of things and the city is working with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Rick ain't ever gonna leave Chicago. Wish he would, but there's no way he'd leave what he's got up there for what is down here.
    Maybe we could get Lanie Bayless to come and open her own restaurant.

I was in Bricktown over the weekend and noticed several windows completely uncovered on the Spaghetti Warehouse building. I thought someone representing the owner said they'd be doing weekly inspections on this building and would take care of things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulack View Post
    I was in Bricktown over the weekend and noticed several windows completely uncovered on the Spaghetti Warehouse building. I thought someone representing the owner said they'd be doing weekly inspections on this building and would take care of things like that.
    You could probably report it to the Action Center, let them know there's someone out there watching...

Channel 9 is totally mis-reading the OCURA agenda item.

It is merely to bring this building into the urban renewal plan that generally encompasses the area .

The over-arching plan has 'parking' in its name and thus the confusion.

The City of Oklahoma City has previously adopted the Amended MAPS SportsEntertainment-Parking
    Support Redevelopment Plan (“Redevelopment Plan”), an urban renewal
    plan pursuant to the Oklahoma Urban Renewal Law (11 O.S. § 38-101, et seq.) and an evolution
    of the former 1977 Central City Industrial District Urban Renewal Plan, to support the
    redevelopment of the area just east of the City’s downtown core and surrounding the primary
    portion of the Bricktown neighborhood. The main goals of the Redevelopment Plan are to
    support the MAPS projects, provide assistance for the development of south and easternmost
    portions of Bricktown, and to create parking areas to support Bricktown’s continued
    redevelopment.
    The City wishes to amend the Redevelopment Plan to revise the boundaries of the Project
    Area, as described in Section II.A. and illustrated in Exhibit URP I of the Redevelopment Plan,
    to include the following described property (“Property”), which is primarily known for
    containing the building that until recently housed the Oklahoma City franchise location of the
    Italian restaurant, “Spaghetti Warehouse”

7. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

^^^^^^^
    Good grief that is terrible reporting. The entire story is garbage, based on misinterpretation and sloppy research. You can start with the fact that 1989 was not "more than 30 years" ago, and that isn't even the meat of the story. How embarrassing.

I saw that article this morning when Steve called them out point blank on Twitter about it. https://twitter.com/stevelackmeyer/s...16807229366272

This is absolutely false. You should retract this it's an embarrassment for you. I will have the real story later today.

"The building is deteriorating and some believe its in danger of falling down."
    Who thinks its in danger of falling down? Deteriorating yes, but I wouldn't say its in danger of falling down.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Who thinks its in danger of falling down? Deteriorating yes, but I wouldn't say its in danger of falling down.
    Right? it's not like there was a restaurant in it that operated without any issues or danger of it falling down less than 3 years ago. You think a problem would've address during SW operation if it existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I saw that article this morning when Steve called them out point blank on Twitter about it. https://twitter.com/stevelackmeyer/s...16807229366272
    Steve committed Twitter murder with that tweet. Way to call them out.

I don't get why the owners haven't sold it. Having it declared abandoned and a blight just lowers it value.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I don't get why the owners haven't sold it. Having it declared abandoned and a blight just lowers it value.
    I am completely in awe of why some property owners do what they do. This building and the Walcourt are perfect examples. You have multiple people and companies wanting to buy your building and refurbish it, yet it sits there and just decays more. I can't assume it is greed and they want more money as they have to know what it is worth in the condition it is in. Maybe it is just sheer ignorance? Maybe they don't think the building is in as bad of shape as it really is? I just don't get it. Sell it, get it off your books and manage your other properties.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    Right? it's not like there was a restaurant in it that operated without any issues or danger of it falling down less than 3 years ago. You think a problem would've address during SW operation if it existed in the first place.
    But SW was only in the bottom floor. With exposed windows above, it's hard to say how bad the upper floors and walls have been deteriorating. Wood could be rotting, mortar crumbling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    It was notorious for being in bad shape even during operation. From what I recall there was a gaping hole in the floor in the back area, rotting, and all sorts of issues.

Spaghetti Warehouse building under contract to sell

After years of neglect and abandonment, the historic building at 101 E. Sheridan, formerly home to Spaghetti Warehouse, may see a new owner and renovation.

Spaghetti Warehouse closed its doors in February 2016 and had been the only tenant.

The upper 4 floors had not been occupied in years and the entire structure became so dilapidated that the City of Oklahoma City threatened fines if it was not secured.

Although Spaghetti Warehouse never gave a detailed explanation for their closure, photos taken by OKCTalk immediately after shut down showed rotten floors and various other issues that would likely impede future health inspections. Former employees told OKCTalk that the condition of the building and the needed repairs where primary factors in the closing.

Recent photos of the 2nd floor – ostensibly in 'better' condition than the levels above – show buckled floors and generally poor overall conditions.

The building has been owned by a large out of state real estate trust which over the last several years has refused offers from several potential buyers.

However, OKCTalk has learned the building has recently gone under contract for sale to a group of local investors led by broker Don Hayes. The contract price is $3.8 million.

Preliminary plans call for office or boutique hotel space on the upper floors with retail and restaurant use at ground level.

A process is underway to secure financing and finish inspections but the new group is hopeful of getting control of the property and then starting a massive renovation project.

As Bricktown and downtown boom all around, this building may finally be on track for full rejuvenation.

Wow. That's great news.

HangryHippo Guest

I'll have to reserve judgement on this news (cautiously optimistic) until we know more about who the local investors are. I hope it's some of our local guys that do great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'll have to reserve judgement on this news (cautiously optimistic) until we know more about who the local investors are. I hope it's some of our local guys that do great work.
    They are, and with deep pockets.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are, and with deep pockets.
    Well that's just fantastic news then!

2Lanez Guest

Who is Don Hayes? The name doesn't ring a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    Who is Don Hayes? The name doesn't ring a bell.
    He's a local real estate broker but has big money investors behind him.

I believe he has had a relationship with the real estate trust for a while.

Thread Information