Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

2Lanez Guest

Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    He's a local real estate broker but has big money investors behind him.

I believe he has had a relationship with the real estate trust for a while.
    Great news.

Also, Pete, I see nothing on NewsOK still, so congrats on another scoop.

Yes! I look forward to this building being revived.

Pete beating The Oklahoman on major news again. That's why OKCTalk is my first stop every morning for OKC news.

It would make a great hotel. I hope they go that direction with it.

This is probably one of the most pivotal buildings in Bricktown. So much operates around it and it will have infill occur all around it. Excited for its future.

It's highly visible, ,especially as you enter Bricktown on Sheridan from the west, as many people do.

It is also right across the street from the soon-to-be-built Marriott Renaissance and is at a key intersection.

And, it's really the last big piece of the Bricktown puzzle, as all the other major structures have been renovated or in process.

On smaller scale, you could say SW is to Bricktown what First National is to the CBD.

Who owned it in the past? Just wondering if it could have a better name than SW.

8. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

Oklahoma Furniture Manufacturing Company. At least that's what it was at one point.

Took this yesterday and a little hard to see but Don Hayes now has signs up on this building.

HangryHippo Guest

Who is Don Hayes?

Don Hayes is a local commercial real estate broker who is leading the group who has the building under contract.

He has been actively trying to find tenants for the first floor while they try and firm up a hotel or office use for above.

HangryHippo Guest

Don Hayes is a local commercial real estate broker who is leading the group who has the building under contract.

He has been actively trying to find tenants for the first floor while they try and firm up a hotel or office use for above.
    Thanks Pete.

Any renderings, sketches, or descriptions of what Don's group wants to do with the building? Reopening windows, reconfiguring the first floor, facade changes, etc, etc? Or would that sort of info come along after tenants are secured?

Too early for renderings but you can pretty much count on the exterior remaining largely the same, just restored.

Too early for renderings but you can pretty much count on the exterior remaining largely the same, just restored.
    If they put all the windows back in, it would look widely different.

16. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

A Yard House would be perfect in this building.

Sounds promising.

Spaghetti Warehouse building under contract to sell

After years of neglect and abandonment, the historic building at 101 E. Sheridan, formerly home to Spaghetti Warehouse, may see a new owner and renovation.
    I had looked at a project here around April 2015 where SW wanted to shut down for a week and have workers come in to fix the kitchen floor and under plumbing etc working 24 hours a day. It looked about the same as the pictures Pete posted so I guess that never happened. The basement under the kitchen was a rotten mess with a smell to match as bad as you can imagine.

Basically from what I remember they were going to move out all the kitchen equipment out, rip up the floor, re-enforce the beams, and put a new subfloor and tile back in and move the equipment back. From the other trades I was talking to none of them thought it would be able to be done in a week and it was going to run a few million to get it done.

HangryHippo Guest

Is Sam Coury the guy behind the Ambassador hotels and Coury Hospitality? Or is that Paul Coury?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is Sam Coury the guy behind the Ambassador hotels and Coury Hospitality? Or is that Paul Coury?
    Paul is Coury Hospitality.

21. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

If this building redevelops as a boutique hotel with ground floor retail it would be the truest thing to the original Neal Horton vision for Bricktown that has been done since the Glass/Confectionary/Baden renovations in the early 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    If this building redevelops as a boutique hotel with ground floor retail it would be the truest thing to the original Neal Horton vision for Bricktown that has been done since the Glass/Confectionary/Baden renovations in the early 1980s.
    We'll see if the Omni deal and it's TIF prohibitions interferes here.

23. Default Re: Spaghetti Warehouse Building

According to the developer it probably will not be an issue, I've been told.

By the way, one of the few advantages this building presents other than location, size and exterior appeal is that it is a candidate for historic tax credits.

Thread Information