Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten 01 West

1. Default Re: The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing (NE/C of Memorial and Western)

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    They should put an i in there and call them the Shoppies.
    HA! Always wondered if I was the only one that pronounced it like that when they use this spelling.

Default Re: The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing (NE/C of Memorial and Western)

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    I pass through that intersection twice a day, five days a week. It can be a real joy to traverse during rush hour. I can only imagine what it will be like with the extra traffic generated by the new retail when it's all done.
    True, I think its time for the city to start thinking about improvements to those three intersections on Memorial and Western.

Default Re: The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Was? Is it not happening now?
    Maybe Pete has more info? It would appear at the very least that it has been delayed or Price Edwards is no longer going to be managing the property? Another possibility is that a big player has expressed interest in the property.

On another note, a large piece of property down the street on Santa Fe and Memorial, they spent several weeks raising the elevation and they ended up planting grass seed. I found that odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Maybe Pete has more info? It would appear at the very least that it has been delayed or Price Edwards is no longer going to be managing the property? Another possibility is that a big player has expressed interest in the property.

On another note, a large piece of property down the street on Santa Fe and Memorial, they spent several weeks raising the elevation and they ended up planting grass seed. I found that odd.
    I spoke with Gary Homsey not...2 weeks ago? Anyway, he was meeting that day to see the finalized plans for the building. It's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I spoke with Gary Homsey not...2 weeks ago? Anyway, he was meeting that day to see the finalized plans for the building. It's happening.
    Cool. I wonder why the Price Edwards preleasing signs were taken down.

So, just found out this has been renamed Ten 01 West. Saw a few renderings as well. Unfortunately don't have copies of them. Only saw the renderings for the Northwest corner where Ambassador was, I believe, but there will be a restaurant with a pretty dang large outdoor patio right there. The renderings remind me a bit of Spring Creek up in Edmond, but a little more Urban I suppose. Pretty excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    So, just found out this has been renamed Ten 01 West. Saw a few renderings as well. Unfortunately don't have copies of them. Only saw the renderings for the Northwest corner where Ambassador was, I believe, but there will be a restaurant with a pretty dang large outdoor patio right there. The renderings remind me a bit of Spring Creek up in Edmond, but a little more Urban I suppose. Pretty excited!
    That sounds more interesting than the original plans.

Demolition started today. The foundation of the old gas station was the first to go.

Far North Re: Memorial and Western?

It appears that there is more demolition going on at this intersection. Any clues as to what might be brewing?

Default Re: Memorial and Western?

Quote Originally Posted by erasmusred View Post
    It appears that there is more demolition going on at this intersection. Any clues as to what might be brewing?
    http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43233

Its a new shopping center. I wouldn't pay too much to the site drawing in that thread because I'm pretty sure there has been changes.

Default Re: Memorial and Western?

Early plans called for renovating the north building, but I was surprised to drive by there yesterday on the way home and see it almost completely gone. This morning when I went by in the dark, it looked like only part of the west wall remained standing.

^ That's a cool shot. The dump truck and excavator were in that same spot when I came through there on Tuesday afternoon. I can just barely make our shop in the distance.

This is now named Ten01 West and here is the rendering:

I hope they follow through with the landscaping!

Default Re: Ten 01 West

Default Re: The Shoppes at Memorial Crossing (NE/C of Memorial and Western)

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    I pass through that intersection twice a day, five days a week. It can be a real joy to traverse during rush hour. I can only imagine what it will be like with the extra traffic generated by the new retail when it's all done.
    Good lord, when is OKC going to require entrances/exits from a development to be FARTHER from an intersection. After seeing how they do it in north Norman, I forgot how important it was to have the entrances FAR from the intersection. Makes such a huge difference. Here's an example from Tecumseh & NW 36th in Norman:
    Last edited by pw405; 02-14-2018 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Wrong quote.

^ Absolutely. When in a strip mall on a busy intersection, I always go all the way across the lot and use the furthest exit. Traffic spaced out better coming out of the intersection, and you can get into a queueing lane without blocking others.

The N 23rd and Broadway OnCue is a good example, I always go to the north exit when leaving there so I am get in the queue, while others are using the southernmost exit and can't get out or they block traffic trying to turn left.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    ^ Absolutely. When in a strip mall on a busy intersection, I always go all the way across the lot and use the furthest exit. Traffic spaced out better coming out of the intersection, and you can get into a queueing lane without blocking others.

The N 23rd and Broadway OnCue is a good example, I always go to the north exit when leaving there so I am get in the queue, while others are using the southernmost exit and can't get out or they block traffic trying to turn left.
    I do the same thing, especially if you're at 63rd and May at Petco/Biglots/ChicFil-a... I always drive way to the west side before getting on 63rd... and I don't mean to imply that this development is a particularly bad offender of intersections too close to roads, but there are countless examples all over the NW side of OKC.

Sorry for thread derail. I am actually glad something is going in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nice! Surprised how quickly that went up. Do we know an estimated opening date?

Any building permits for the land surrounding this. There is a bank construction financing sign on the empty lot next door to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Any building permits for the land surrounding this. There is a bank construction financing sign on the empty lot next door to this.
    Not that I could find but that 10 acres sold to a Norman doctor for $3.5 million in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not that I could find but that 10 acres sold to a Norman doctor for $3.5 million in March.
    Well, I guess the funding got approved for whatever is eventually going there and the bank put there "construction financed by: " signs there along Memorial and Western.

There is also a coming soon sign for a smoothie king and MASA(a sushi restaurant?) At Ten01 West

Thread Information