Widgets Magazine

Thread: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

Default A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

[Warning: Language]

I have a feeling she is extremely sexually repressed.

2. Default Re: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

Some people's children.

Default Re: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

YouTube removed the video. Even they couldn't stand her. Lol

Here is the liveleak video:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aa7_1490982861

Won't be long before she is identified and the Internet will rain down upon her with great fury.

In this day and age, it's easy to ruin your life by doing something like this.

In our post-truth, alternative fact world, and given the time of year, it's really difficult for me to believe that was real as opposed to staged.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    In our post-truth, alternative fact world, and given the time of year, it's really difficult for me to believe that was real as opposed to staged.
    I used to think people like her did not exist in the world. Then came the comments section on newsok.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Won't be long before she is identified and the Internet will rain down upon her with great fury.

In this day and age, it's easy to ruin your life by doing something like this.
    I think this gets overstated a bit even if ther are some legit cases where this happens. Jon Ronson wrote a book about public shaming in the digital age and he tried to make this point and I thought he only had a couple good examples in the entire book (e.g., the Justine Sacco incident). The rest of his examples were either of people who had patterns of the scrutinized behavior (e.g., Jonah Lehrer should not have been portrayed as a victim, he compulsively lied for his own benefit and profit) or were not even really cases of public shaming in my opinion. If this video is real, which seems hard to believe, there is a decent chance this woman has a pattern of problems and this isn't an isolated incident. It would be rare for someone out of nowhere to talk to people like this for such an extended period of time. Everyone makes mistakes and I could see a short exchange where someone really messed up, but there's a good chance this woman has already suffered from her behavior in the past. And it's also reasonable for an employer to separate from someone who exhibits such behavior in "public."

Having said that, I totally agree that we should all be weary of assumptions or passing judgment about people with limited information. I am always willing to give people second chance if they show real remorse. Unfortunately, a lot of people lack the humility to show real remorse and will say stuff like, "I apologize if you were offended," which of course, is not remoseful or apologetic. I am just saying that it's not just social media that ruins people's lives, but that when a light is shined on some people's behavior, it's actually just an illustration of a larger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I used to think people like her did not exist in the world. Then came the comments section on newsok.com.
    Oh, people like her definitely exist, in fact we just had one here a couple weeks back bragging about the mental abuse he showered on his son. I'm not saying this *type* of thing doesn't happen, I'm saying I find it unlikely this *particular* one did.

The very first day I moved to California, I stopped at Jack In the Box on PCH in Malibu and this woman stumbled while carrying a tray and spilled her soft drink.

She went *off* on the staff behind the counter for not putting the lid on tighter... I mean ranting and screaming like I had never seen. Said she was an attorney, was going to sue them... The manager apologized (even though their fault in all this was pretty dubious) and that just fired her up more.

I also worked at a sporting goods store during college and a man came in to buy an exercise bike that had been advertised. Turns out we didn't have any left and a rain check to buy one at the same price later only made things worse. This guy came in angry and yelled and screamed and swore and demanded the manager and then yelled and screamed some more. It was unbelievable.

There are indeed people like this and when they get called out or embarrassed, they just scream louder.

10. Default Re: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I also worked at a sporting goods store during college and a man came in to buy an exercise bike that had been advertised. Turns out we didn't have any left and a rain check to buy one at the same price later only made things worse. This guy came in angry and yelled and screamed and swore and demanded the manager and then yelled and screamed some more. It was unbelievable.

There are indeed people like this and when they get called out or embarrassed, they just scream louder.
    I was in Home Depot last week looking for some specialty fasteners and the employee that stopped to help me told me he had a man yell at him because they didn't have what he was looking for a few days earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I was in Home Depot last week looking for some specialty fasteners and the employee that stopped to help me told me he had a man yell at him because they didn't have what he was looking for a few days earlier.
    I think this happens more often than we realize. I'm amazed at the number of people who don't get the fact that it almost certainly is NEVER the clerk in the aisle who is responsible for Thing A or Part B being out of stock or otherwise unavailable, yet they're the one who gets unloaded on by crazy customers who go way out of bounds with their license "as a customer."

A similar thing happened to us in a restaurant about a year ago. The family across from us, including two relatively young children, had just been seated a few minutes ahead of us (it was a Japanese hibachi-style restaurant). The dad had obviously already had a bit too much to drink, and absolutely went off on the waitress because she hadn't responded quickly enough (in his view) to his demand for a spoon. A spoon. He then went off on the other server for our table, then turned to the manager, and was making a big enough scene that heads were turning. You couldn't ignore him. The waitress was in tears, as I could see she was serving (at least) two large parties in different areas of the restaurant. I felt awful for her and the manager. I tried as best I could to tell her, "hey, don't let that guy bother you. You're doing just fine" (words to that effect) and I think that small effort helped her calm herself a bit.

You have to think that other things are going on in people's lives when they lose control like that over something trivial (fasteners, a spoon, whatever). I can't be too high-and-mighty about it; I remember snapping at a guy at Panera a few years back because they were out of something. I went back and apologized to the him for being a jerk, but it doesn't excuse the behavior...

12. Default Re: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I think this happens more often than we realize. I'm amazed at the number of people who don't get the fact that it almost certainly is NEVER the clerk in the aisle who is responsible for Thing A or Part B being out of stock or otherwise unavailable, yet they're the one who gets unloaded on by crazy customers who go way out of bounds with their license "as a customer."
    My wife was a phlebotomist for DLO and she would tell me stories about people they were about to stick for blood going off on them..... Personally one of the last people I want to be yelling at is the person about to stick a needle in my arm.

Surely there's been some kind of sociology study on people who lash out like this. I'd be interested in seeing some research that tries to figure out why it happens...

14. Default Re: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

Wow, that lady seems like she's having some sort of breakdown. People like her can only get away with that sort of stuff in nicer neighborhoods. In some areas that nonsense would get you a beating.

She's already been identified on Facebook

Someone posted that video and it has almost 9,000,000 views.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    A similar thing happened to us in a restaurant about a year ago. The family across from us, including two relatively young children, had just been seated a few minutes ahead of us (it was a Japanese hibachi-style restaurant). The dad had obviously already had a bit too much to drink, and absolutely went off on the waitress because she hadn't responded quickly enough (in his view) to his demand for a spoon. A spoon. He then went off on the other server for our table, then turned to the manager, and was making a big enough scene that heads were turning. You couldn't ignore him. The waitress was in tears, as I could see she was serving (at least) two large parties in different areas of the restaurant. I felt awful for her and the manager. I tried as best I could to tell her, "hey, don't let that guy bother you. You're doing just fine" (words to that effect) and I think that small effort helped her calm herself a bit.
    That manager was either bound by some unreasonable company policy or was an asshole fore failing to protect his employee. A hundred dollar table isn't worth your employees knowing you don't have their back. He should have told that gentleman that the rest of his family could stay, but that he was no longer welcome at their restaurant. I did a few years in retail and I had zero problems with telling an abusive customer that they needed to get the hell out or I would be calling the police. That wasn't ever a problem because management had my back.

What amazes me about these situations is that the employees/managers allow customers to behave so horribly. The customer is not always right.

17. Default Re: A woman see's a couple kissing in public and loses her mind.

I have worked in a role where I have had to speak to unhappy customers for many years. I have noted a significant increase in the number of people who become "out of control." Not only are the numbers increasing but the level of pure visciousness has risen. People can be angry but to jump to personal insults and threats becomes just simply sick. I used to have tolerance but I have it no more. I simply hang up on them.

That manager was either bound by some unreasonable company policy or was an asshole fore failing to protect his employee. A hundred dollar table isn't worth your employees knowing you don't have their back. He should have told that gentleman that the rest of his family could stay, but that he was no longer welcome at their restaurant. I did a few years in retail and I had zero problems with telling an abusive customer that they needed to get the hell out or I would be calling the police. That wasn't ever a problem because management had my back.

What amazes me about these situations is that the employees/managers allow customers to behave so horribly. The customer is not always right.
    In this case, the guy was moderately imposing physically - not a weightlifter or anything - but certainly such that he was taller and almost certainly intimidating to the manager, who by comparison was of a slighter build, and I'm sure he surmised that if things escalated at all he'd be in trouble. Honestly, I think the manager handled it about as well as he could short of throwing them all out - and he probably also knew that would just punish his wife and their kids. It was a really ugly balancing act the guy had to navigate, and I know I wouldn't have wanted to be in his shoes.

What made this situation even worse was that I happened to recognize his wife as a member of local media, and I'm sure in that vein she did not want the situation to escalate any further than it already had. What struck me was in the midst of her husband's antics, she was a 100% class act through it all. She totally kept it together when I think most spouses would rightfully have become just a bit unglued. In fact, she was actually able to talk him down a bit from his most extreme behavior when he started engaging people across the table - the sad thing to me was that probably implied it wasn't the first time something like that happened. And to act that way in front of your kids was just...inexplicable. The guy obviously has/had a problem.

Anyway, sorry for the rabbit chase, but that incident came to mind....

And then you read the comments on yahoo.com and realized the people on newsok.com actually seem intelligent by comparison. Every time I read those comments I literally hurt for humanity.

This woman is a walking advert for what is wrong with identity politics and victimhood. She choose to insert herself into a situation that by all standards, was quite pedestrian. She crossed the line when she called the recorders girlfriend a slut, and just continued to escalate. One really has to wonder, psychologically, what is wrong with the woman. Such behavior, while becoming more common belays her neurotic condition. I am amazed that the fellow remained composed and dealt with her as respectfully as he did. Interesting to note, she got into a physical tiff with yet another innocent customer.

Something has got to change. Civility seems lost.

Thread Information