Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK River Pedestrian Bridge

Default Re: OK River Pedestrian Bridge

I just asked Blair Humphries and he said the funding is in place as part of the 2017 general obligation bond but the city has yet to hire an architect or start any definite planning.

Are there any updates on this?

Blog Entries

I can't find any progress on this, but I do see it's on the map as a project:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	16492

And on this summary doc it's still listed as "proposed":
    https://data.okc.gov/portal/custom/v...reetssafercity

For some strange reason, the Oklahoman has a story today about this bridge.

I've had all these images for a couple of years (including the drone shots I took) but have been sitting on them because nothing has been happening. The article says they plan to start in 2024 and that only a very basic bridge is planned with other enhancements possible if additional funding is identified.

Design is by AHMM.

So you got a Monday's paper today 12/26/2022? Because we were delivered Friday's paper again today on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    So you got a Monday's paper today 12/26/2022? Because we were delivered Friday's paper again today on Monday.
    I only get the online version.

Blog Entries

Like Pete, I get the online version, It includes Sunday's (paper & online) versions unless you designate to donate the Sunday paper edition.. My plan (billed every 3rd month ($100.00) to my credit card is equivalent to $33.33 a month. The Sunday paper, I donate to a school.

Often you will see the pattern Pete mentions where the Oklahoman (As big as an entity it is) appears to follow the OKCTalk.com lead.

Lately, it appears Mr. Lackmeyers' strategy is getting to be contagious among his co-workers. Strange occurrence how his articles' appear to be a day late and a dollar short.

It was puzzling at first when Pete first pointed this out after he started showing impressive Drone shots of our city.

My initial impression, why would the Oklahoman 'cherry pick' from an online source--OKCTalk.com. My opinion as I continued to follow the online Oklahoman--this happens far too many times for this to be a coincidence, Pete, cited several of these in real time. OKCTalk.com comes out with a story and it's later followed up by the Oklahoman with their version which looks quite similar.

It's IMO shameful that a city's main daily paper relies on side feature stories picked up from/off the internet to expand its news.

8. Default Re: OK River Pedestrian Bridge

A few years ago I went across the current wooden bridge. I wouldn't do it now. I'm surprised they never blocked it off. That will be a good place for a real pedestrian bridge.

I carried my bike over the current railroad bridge earlier this year, we thought it might be an easy shortcut. I definitely puckered up more than once on a few of the loose cross ties, and we didn't walk back over it a second time. Excited for a real bridge.

10. Default Re: OK River Pedestrian Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I carried my bike over the current railroad bridge earlier this year, we thought it might be an easy shortcut. I definitely puckered up more than once on a few of the loose cross ties, and we didn't walk back over it a second time. Excited for a real bridge.
    Yeah. We were puckered too. My best friend and I are geocachers and there's a cache about halfway across the bridge. He's made it to worse but that was about my limit.

It's crazy that this thread started in 2017 and we still don't have this bridge yet. As a resident of Wheeler I would love it to be done sometime soon. I think it was mentioned at our last HOA meeting that it would be done in 2024. I am not sure how much I will use this bridge as a pedestrian because I mostly run from my house to downtown and use the Robinson bridge currently. I am not sure I want to walk/run in the opposite direction to get downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    It's crazy that this thread started in 2017 and we still don't have this bridge yet. As a resident of Wheeler I would love it to be done sometime soon. I think it was mentioned at our last HOA meeting that it would be done in 2024. I am not sure how much I will use this bridge as a pedestrian because I mostly run from my house to downtown and use the Robinson bridge currently. I am not sure I want to walk/run in the opposite direction to get downtown.
    I was just told that this project is in limbo while the one near OKANA is in full motion.

Thread Information