Widgets Magazine

Thread: Yukon Angle

Yukon Yukon Angle

As I was driving to pick up my kids from daycare last week I noticed a sign at the NW corner of the corner of Vandament and Garth Brooks Blvd for a new development replacing the old Chevrolet dealership called "Yukon Angle". I was pleasantly surprised to see this sign since the departure of the vo-tech from the building (which was always meant to be a temporary use) left the corner looking empty again and reinforced the empty space that building leaves in terms of commercial development. Here is the rendering for the new development: Yukon-Angle-600x300.jpg
    It appears to be 50,000+ square feet of office space, restaurant, and retail. It will be interesting what percentage of mix that ends up being; but regardless I'm always a proponent of re-purposing existing structures rather than demolition and build-out of generic suburban boxes. So the fact that this will keep the integrity of the building intact is interesting. It definitely will have more personality than anything nearby for better or worse. It looks like Baker First commercial real estate are the ones heading this up. I'd welcome any insight into who the tenants may be, but it may be premature to start speculation.

Default Re: Yukon Angle

I saw it and took a picture of it and meant to post it on here, but I forgot. Hopefully it turns out well. I'm also curious about the building going on at the SE corner ranchwood and vandament.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    I saw it and took a picture of it and meant to post it on here, but I forgot. Hopefully it turns out well. I'm also curious about the building going on at the SE corner ranchwood and vandament.
    It's called Blue Sky Credit Union, and lately i've seen commercials using that name.

True Sky is the new name of FAA Credit Union.

https://www.trueskycu.org/about-us/b...s/yukon-branch

HangryHippo Guest

Yukon Angle is a horrible name though. Yikes. I'm really glad to see something being attempted there though.

Thread Information