Widgets Magazine

Thread: Saganaki in OKC?

Default Saganaki in OKC?

Does anyone know of any restaurants here that make a Greek dish called Saganaki? Basically, it's fried Greek cheese (often graviera or kasseri) that's set on fire and then extinguished with lemon juice. Absolutely delicious! My fiance is from the Chicagoland area, where the dish is rather popular, and he keeps having cravings for it - but we can't find it anywhere... anyone seen it here, outside of the Greek Festival?

Default Re: Saganaki in OKC?

hmmm... the greek festival is the only place i've seen it around here.

It looks like the Wicked Piston in Edmond used to have it... but it doesn't appear to be on their menu anymore. :/

on second thought... i've never personally been there to verify but this online menu indicates that akropolis in midwest city serves it:
    https://foursquare.com/v/akropolis/4...065ad2be3/menu

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    on second thought... i've never personally been there to verify but this online menu indicates that akropolis in midwest city serves it:
    https://foursquare.com/v/akropolis/4...065ad2be3/menu
    Unfortunately, that menu is inaccurate. That was the first thing I found on Google, and when we went to check it out, they didn't have it at all. According to the owner, he doesn't know where that menu came from, but it's not for his restaurant. Pretty tasty gyros, though, so... at least that.

arghh... rats. like i say, i've never seen it served... hopefully somebody else has!

I appreciate the help anyway, and I definitely share that hope. I'm getting a craving for it too!

Confirmed via e-mail that the Wicked Piston did have it on their menu at one point, but recently removed it from the menu because "nobody ordered it". Man, how disappointing! Had we known they had it, my fiance and I would have put that place on regular rotation, just for the saganaki!

The search continues...

Lar's Greek House Lawton has it. It's closer than Chicago but still far for just a meal.

Thread Information