Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big 12 Football 2017

NCAA Big 12 Football 2017

With this update on OU going into spring practice, it's time to start looking at the upcoming season seriously.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5540271

Blog Entries

OU Re: Big 12 Football 2017

Would love to look at the upcoming season; however there's always some kind of off-field controversy brewing in the slow cooker.

My frustration with the OU Sooner football team is getting the best of me. With all of these concerns of late; Stoops' brothers may need to have Mammary glands implanted with anabolic steroids on their chest so they can breast feed & potty train some of these players--they're full of it.

Is there some kind of 'get-in-trouble' disease epidemic present in the locker room; maybe that's where we need to fumigate.

Default Re: Big 12 Football 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Would love to look at the upcoming season; however there's always some kind of off-field controversy brewing in the slow cooker.

My frustration with the OU Sooner football team is getting the best of me. With all of these concerns of late; Stoops' brothers may need to have Mammary glands implanted with anabolic steroids on their chest so they can breast feed & potty train some of these players--they're full of it.

Is there some kind of 'get-in-trouble' disease epidemic present in the locker room; maybe that's where we need to fumigate.
    WOW! You need to put down the gun and step back from the edge of the cliff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sooner8693 View Post
    wow! You need to put down the gun and step back from the edge of the cliff.

I'm not particularly fond of Thursday night games for the state schools, but we will have the national spotlight on the Sooner state to start the season.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5543554

I like the comments in the story about how it is so hard for people to make it to Thursday night games in Stillwater after work. Portreying the ticket holders as your average working stiff.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Disclosure: OSU Alum

Every ticket holder I know(myself included) works a regular 40 hour a week job and it would be difficult to make it to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Every ticket holder I know(myself included) works a regular 40 hour a week job and it would be difficult to make it to this game.
    Have you no PTO?

And many that can’t afford tickets work Saturday’s too. You know, the people serving you all at Joe’s.

Also, for some reason the Thursday night games seem upset prone

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Have you no PTO?
    Yes. I happen to use those for vacation and military obligations and not Thursday night football games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I like the comments in the story about how it is so hard for people to make it to Thursday night games in Stillwater after work. Portreying the ticket holders as your average working stiff.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Disclosure: OSU Alum
    Campus does have to cancel night classes, and even afternoon classes closer to the stadium (CEAT, Business, Arts). Also losing the OKC/Tulsa crowd (granted it's not all 60,000) is significant, especially in the tailgating scene. The students have had all day to drink, but even the few season ticket holders that make the drive after work are totally sober. That's no fun.

The town loses one of its 7-8 biggest days for economic development.

It's not ideal any way you look at it. I'd rather some school we play on the road do the Thursday thing, and then we still get the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Campus does have to cancel night classes, and even afternoon classes closer to the stadium (CEAT, Business, Arts). Also losing the OKC/Tulsa crowd (granted it's not all 60,000) is significant, especially in the tailgating scene. The students have had all day to drink, but even the few season ticket holders that make the drive after work are totally sober. That's no fun.

The town loses one of its 7-8 biggest days for economic development.

It's not ideal any way you look at it. I'd rather some school we play on the road do the Thursday thing, and then we still get the spotlight.
    Hey EVERYONE gets the raw end of this horrible conference and conference TV contract at some point. I actually think I remember someone saying Joe C told the Big 12 OU would flatly refuse to do any Thursday games, period, and I think part of that "exchange" was for OU to get stuck with a lot of 11AM kickoffs - which are just awful. C'est la vie when you sell out for the TV rights...

This is a scheduling move that I think is beneficial to the Big 12.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19047402

West Virginia's opener against Virginia Tech in Landover, Maryland, has been moved to Sunday night Sept. 3 and will be televised by ABC.
    West Virginia, unlike many Big 12 teams, does not shy away from playing some good competition in non-conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    This is a scheduling move that I think is beneficial to the Big 12.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19047402

West Virginia, unlike many Big 12 teams, does not shy away from playing some good competition in non-conference games.
    I'm sure not crazy about college football on Sunday. That's a Saturday thing. Leave Sunday to the NFL types. I know, probably pipe dreaming, but that notwithstanding, leave it on Saturday.

This is Fuente's second year at Virginia Tech, and I think its still a program in transition from Beamer. It will be interesting to see if Fuente can push Va Tech to that next echelon of success.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I'm sure not crazy about college football on Sunday. That's a Saturday thing. Leave Sunday to the NFL types. I know, probably pipe dreaming, but that notwithstanding, leave it on Saturday.

This is Fuente's second year at Virginia Tech, and I think its still a program in transition from Beamer. It will be interesting to see if Fuente can push Va Tech to that next echelon of success.
    Va. Tech has had some very good seasons but they've never been in the upper echelon in college football. If he gets them there, he will have been a great success.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Hey EVERYONE gets the raw end of this horrible conference and conference TV contract at some point. I actually think I remember someone saying Joe C told the Big 12 OU would flatly refuse to do any Thursday games, period, and I think part of that "exchange" was for OU to get stuck with a lot of 11AM kickoffs - which are just awful. C'est la vie when you sell out for the TV rights...
    The Big 12 is throwing OU/OSU's wishes under the bus because they don't bring as many TV sets as you'd think. I'll concede that OU is a national brand that always attracts interest, same as OSU when they're hot, but that still doesn't bring in a dedicated viewing audience outside of our small state. Both schools may as well be Ole Miss or Utah as far as the networks are concerned. A semi-perennially 5-7 Texas team will always be more valuable on TV.

If all things were equal, and all that mattered was results on the field, both schools would be in primetime and Kansas would be Saturday 11 am and Texas Tech on Thursday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The Big 12 is throwing OU/OSU's wishes under the bus because they don't bring as many TV sets as you'd think. I'll concede that OU is a national brand that always attracts interest, same as OSU when they're hot, but that still doesn't bring in a dedicated viewing audience outside of our small state. Both schools may as well be Ole Miss or Utah as far as the networks are concerned. A semi-perennially 5-7 Texas team will always be more valuable on TV.

If all things were equal, and all that mattered was results on the field, both schools would be in primetime and Kansas would be Saturday 11 am and Texas Tech on Thursday nights.
    Actually ou along with Texas get pretty much anything from the big 12 ou will never play a home Thursday night game no other big 12 school has that deal.

And as far as ratings ou and osu are not close to the same boat. Ou is a national brand and get some of the best ratings in America.

So I thought this little sniped from an ESPN article was surprising to me. But I don't know Venables all that well so... It is in regards to the recent grad transfer from Clemson.

It was a conversation with Venables, however, that helped Baker narrow his list.

"He told me which schools were good, which would be a good fit," Baker said. "He said [Oklahoma State] was similar to Clemson, that they treat players the right way, that they believe in the right things, do stuff the right way.

"He also said that they'd win a lot of ball games."
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...ll-free-agents

Curious why he was so high on the program, or why he compared it to Clemson. Or why he didn't suggest another in state school as an option.

Man, OU is looking really impressive this year.

Defense could use some work. They struggled tonight with Tulane in the first half, but most teams tend to struggle with the triple option.

We might have a Heisman winner and a natty at the end of the season! *knock on wood*

20. Default Re: Big 12 Football 2017

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

I wasn't just wondering if there will be "Stoops should have left sooner" talk coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    I wasn't just wondering if there will be "Stoops should have left sooner" talk coming up soon.
    No, not HC Stoops BUT DC Stoops. I project that somewhere this season MS defense will get torched

23. Default Re: Big 12 Football 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh
    Are you whispering, "Mason Rudolph?" Just askin'.

24. Default Re: Big 12 Football 2017

No, I'm whispering "don't jinx OU."

Hey, I said "knock on wood." Dont blame me if we lose next week!

Thread Information