Widgets Magazine

Thread: ODOT Facility? 122nd and Sooner Road

Default ODOT Facility? 122nd and Sooner Road

Do you all know who is building near Kilpatrick and I-35? It looks like ODOT facilities? Possibly Turnpike Maintenance facility?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arial 122nd and Sooner.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	13655

Default Re: ODOT Facility? 122nd and Sooner Road

If no one is going to respond can a moderator move this over to Development?

It's the North OKC Campus for ODOT.

Will be a residence building, annex building, sign shop, equipment shed, and hopper structure.

Budget is $11.3 million.

5. Default Re: ODOT Facility? 122nd and Sooner Road

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's the North OKC Campus for ODOT.

Will be a residence building, annex building, sign shop, equipment shed, and hopper structure.

Budget is $11.3 million.
    Residence?

I would guess for workers to sleep over when there is bad weather, and/or when they bring help from outside the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I would guess for workers to sleep over when there is bad weather, and/or when they bring help from outside the area.
    Residency is actually an internal ODOT terminology - they have "resident" engineers and a construction residency.

https://www.ok.gov/odot/About_ODOT/C...Residency.html

Soooo, we needed this facility? And we needed to spend $11.3 mill on it? No wonder Tunrpike rates increased (and will continue to increase)! The amount of money they have and spend is outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Soooo, we needed this facility? And we needed to spend $11.3 mill on it? No wonder Tunrpike rates increased (and will continue to increase)! The amount of money they have and spend is outrageous!
    Do you have a reason to think that's it's not needed? Also, ODOT has nothing to do with turnpikes.

Blog Entries

This state thinks poor...acts poor. Our commitment to infrastructure is abysmal. It is why we will stay poor. Everyone assumes any expenditure is unnecessary and costs too much. Without knowing anything about the justification we immediately object. Lol

If you've visited the existing facilities, you wouldn't have this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This state thinks poor...acts poor. Our commitment to infrastructure is abysmal. It is why we will stay poor. Everyone assumes any expenditure is unnecessary and costs too much. Without knowing anything about the justification we immediately object. Lol
    +111

I disagree! I would just do things differently. I don't mind spending the money, just not where they are currently spending it.
    My changes:
    1. Build a "super turnpike" like they've done in Dallas (Texas Express). From about Lindsey in Norman to Downtown OKC. Same thing on the northside. From Covell to OKC. Could even do east/west. MWC in and Yukon in to OKC. Multi-level highways is the way to go.
    2. Eliminate toll booth employees, coin toll stations, etc. Have everyone go through the camera system. The system would also be like Dallas. Everyone's license plate will be in the system then you're just billed. We will have less maintenance, won't have to pay these employees, more money for roads and bridges.

HangryHippo Guest

I disagree! I would just do things differently. I don't mind spending the money, just not where they are currently spending it.
    My changes:
    1. Build a "super turnpike" like they've done in Dallas (Texas Express). From about Lindsey in Norman to Downtown OKC. Same thing on the northside. From Covell to OKC. Could even do east/west. MWC in and Yukon in to OKC. Multi-level highways is the way to go.
    2. Eliminate toll booth employees, coin toll stations, etc. Have everyone go through the camera system. The system would also be like Dallas. Everyone's license plate will be in the system then you're just billed. We will have less maintenance, won't have to pay these employees, more money for roads and bridges.
    There are so many things the turnpike system should do differently - it's unreal.

My changes:
    i agree. They also need to plan for a loop around Edmond.

The Eastern OK COUNTY segment has already been modified for a small spur to continue south of I-40 for a couple hundred feet which indiciates they plan on a loop around Norman to connect with I-35. Thing is, that should be starting construction today and it's not even in the Driving Forward plans.

ODOT is planning to add a new training facility to this campus.

Their existing training building is on SE 59th.

Thread Information