Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theater North OKC

Default Re: Warren Theater North OKC

Sorry to derail the thread, but is there another thread I can find info on this proposed Crest on Sooner?

That is nonsense the new theater won't serve alcohol. Really disappointed in that news.

Not a dedicated thread but there's a thread about development at that area and there's a post by PP with an official announcement from Crest - http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=36241&page=7

On the alcohol, I can sort of understand it. And honestly most movie theaters survive without it. It's a reasonable concession in a primarily residential area and a good olive leaf to the locals.

3. Default Re: Warren Theater North OKC

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    On the alcohol, I can sort of understand it. And honestly most movie theaters survive without it. It's a reasonable concession in a primarily residential area and a good olive leaf to the locals.
    I remember seeing a movie a few years back where I dude walked into a movie and popped a six pack. Honestly I was amazed he just walked in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    That is nonsense the new theater won't serve alcohol. Really disappointed in that news.
    When did that come out? I thought the developer just dropped the ability to sell retail liquor sales (liquor store) and not consumption..

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    When did that come out? I thought the developer just dropped the ability to sell retail liquor sales (liquor store) and not consumption..
    The Journal Record article on the previous page, assuming it's accurate -

And the developer agreed to not sell alcoholic drinks at the theater.

Huge bummer about not serving alcohol at the Warren, oh well- I guess Tinseltown will be less crowded...

Also, here are the Edmond Public School boundaries for all the "why do people from Edmond care" questions: http://edmondschools.net/wp-content/...Boundaries.pdf
    While I don't agree with the complaints, there are neighborhoods in within the boundaries of Edmond public schools within walking distance of this theater.

7. Default Re: Warren Theater North OKC

Anyone know of any updates on the building of the new Warren?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post

TIA!
    Have not seen any building permits yet.

9. Default Re: Warren Theater North OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post

TIA!
    Held up due to a NIMBY law suit that probably won't go to trial until 2018.

Was looking up some Warren ahowtimes and noticed their website was implying that the Warren brand will still go on outside of the ones they sold to Regal ( http://www.warrentheatres.com/index.html ) will be interesting to see how the one in MWC turns out and if they go through with this one but it at least gave me hope.

Regal is retaining the Warren name. Sadly, already hearing of negative changes in service and experience. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Regal is retaining the Warren name. Sadly, already hearing of negative changes in service and experience. What a shame.
    I'd reserve judgement for yourself until you experience and don't expect anything. Of course they won't operate like Warren because they aren't Warren. Regal theatres are some of the nicest movie theatres I've ever experienced apart from Pacific Theatres which no movie theatre I've ever heard of outside of NYC or LA comes close to competing with.

I was JUST at the Warren in Moore Sunday. I noticed nothing different in my experience. Maybe it is just me, though. It was still jam-packed. Still had the stupid mints everyone seems to care about. Nothing changed, to me. It is still, by far, the best theater I have been in in the country, bar none.

14. Default Re: Warren Theater North OKC

I've been several times and only difference I've noticed is bags instead of buckets for popcorn smaller than large. Other than that the experience and service have been good.

Any updates on this?
    I am guessing they are in the site planning process..?

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Any updates on this?
    I am guessing they are in the site planning process..?
    Yes, no building permits filed as of yet.

17. Default Re: Warren Theater North OKC

I think it’s still in litigation with the nimby’s. As I said above. Wasn’t set to go to court until sometime this year.

I'm torn on this. I'd like a close Warren. As an Edmond resident Im rooting for the Showbiz Cinema since it will actually contribute to Edmonds tax base rather than poaching it. Plus the Showbiz looks like it will be pretty cool. So the more head start they get, the better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I think it’s still in litigation with the nimby’s. As I said above. Wasn’t set to go to court until sometime this year.
    Hadn’t seen any lawsuit filed. When was it filed?

Anyone know anything about the current status of this project? Seems like any lawsuit should have at least been scheduled for trial, it's been over a year since the last substantive update on the project as far as I can see.

I know originally they weren’t going to serve alcohol, but with the legislative changes allowing alcohol at theaters and Flix maybe it sent them back to the drawing board? IIRC part of their pitch to the nimbys was no alcohol.

I'm assuming this project is dead?

There has been no movement that I can see since they gained zoning approval in 2017.

Not too optimistic since Warren sold to Regal Cinemas last year. Moreover, they haven't turned dirt on the proposed Midwest City location either. Regal might not have plans to expand. The Quail Springs Mall theater seems like the viable option for movies on the north side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Not too optimistic since Warren sold to Regal Cinemas last year. Moreover, they haven't turned dirt on the proposed Midwest City location either. Regal might not have plans to expand. The Quail Springs Mall theater seems like the viable option for movies on the north side of town.
    Not sure what you mean by the MWC location as that one is almost done.

Thread Information