Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bacon

Northwest OKC Bacon

Sean Cummings opening a new place simply called Bacon next to Vito's.

Lots of bacon-oriented dishes; ironically to be located just a block from the ill-fated Divine Swine.

Should open in a week or two.

https://www.facebook.com/baconokc/

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Bacon

Looks awesome! I just wish he'd keep some of his old haunts around as he develops new ones.

3. Default Re: Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Lots of bacon-oriented dishes; ironically to be located just a block from the ill-fated Divine Swine.
    Not sure I would call Divine Swine's closure ill-fated.

Valentine closed the restaurant while he was competing in Season 10 of Top Chef where he finished 4th..... Ok, maybe ill-fated for us because his food there was really divine but not so much ill-fated for Josh Valentine.

Looking forward to checking out Cumming's new place though!

There is a place in Austin on Lamar that is called BACON. I keep wanting to try it and never have..look forward to trying OKC's Bacon.

A favorite meme - big bowl of bacon tagged as gluten free salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sean Cummings opening a new place simply called Bacon next to Vito's.

Should open in a week or two.

https://www.facebook.com/baconokc/
    Sorry, just gotta be pedantic, but it was more than a block - Vito's/Bacon is in the strip mall directly south of Grand, and Divine Swine is located one building south of Wilshire (still close, but not a block ).

And Divine Swine was rightly closed, in our opinion - some of it was good, but most of it was way too salty since they cured their own meats in-house, it just wasn't quite right.

Looks like it's been open since end of March, anybody been yet?

8. Default Re: Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Looks like it's been open since end of March, anybody been yet?
    Unfortunately no.... Since it's not open for lunch and my evenings are usually already full of other activities. I have not had a chance to get over there and try it.... I've seen them post some pretty amazing looking pics on FB.

Looks like it's closed now that his Irish Pub is open, outside signs are down.

10. Default Re: Bacon

I met with Sean Cummings a few weeks ago. He said that when the Irish Pub would open that he was closing Bacon.

I hope Cathy expands into the vacated space. I love Vito's, but it's cramped in there!

Quote Originally Posted by jennydahl View Post
    I hope Cathy expands into the vacated space. I love Vito's, but it's cramped in there!
    We went to Vito's a couple Fridays ago because we couldn't get into opening night at Sean's, and that's exactly what she's done. I suppose it could have been just temporary because a lot of people were doing what we did, but there were several tables seated on the other side and the pass-through door between them was open.

Thread Information