Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lariat Landing

South OKC Lariat Landing

I closed the old thread on this project as it's very long with very little real info. You can still read it here: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=24497

This all new as of a few weeks ago:

The Oklahoma City Airport Trust (Trust) is seeking proposals from development firms or a group of firms that have assembled themselves into a master development team to award a single Master Development Agreement and ground lease agreements to a master developer to develop, market and manage a significant portion of approximately 950 acres of land known as Lariat Landing located at Will Rogers World Airport. The primary purpose for this solicitation is to assist the Trust by developing designated land for non-aeronautical purposes to include commercial, industrial, retail and hospitality opportunities. The vision for the Lariat Landing development is to enhance the economic strength and stability of Will Rogers World Airport and the region through sustainable and compatible development and create a sustaining source of revenues for the Trust.

Lariat Landing

The Oklahoma City Department of Airports and the Oklahoma City Airport Trust has designated approximately 1,000 acres at Will Rogers World Airport for multi-use, multi-industry, business development. The development area, located on the east side of the airport property, will complement the airport’s core business of operating a first class transportation facility.

The program provides developers with large, combinable plats of land that work for a variety of businesses and industries. Located southwest of downtown Oklahoma City, the airport provides direct, easy access to three major Interstates – I35, I40 and I44. The airport encompasses Oklahoma City's Foreign Trade Zone, providing cargo logistics and tariff-related advantages for companies who trade internationally.

The program has designated three primary areas of development.

DIRECT AVIATION
    Few developments in the United States have such desirable access to runways, taxiways and ramps. Corporate aviation, logistics, air cargo and aviation manufacturing will find these locations perfect for airside and landside needs.

AVIATION SUPPORT/INDIRECT AVIATION
    For businesses that do not need direct access to the airfield but complement direct aviation businesses, this area provides easy interstate access and multiple combinable plats of land. Perfect for freight forwarding and warehousing operations, aircraft parts manufacturing plants, engine repair or parts depots.

RETAIL, INDUSTRIAL, OFFICE
    With excellent interstate visibility this area is perfect for office campuses, hotels, and retail outlets.

/

Default Re: Lariat Landing

With the new Walmart that just went in and the fact that they seem to be moving full steam ahead on developing around it, I figured that my be the motivation for the airport to get this going before they miss the ship.

3. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Anyone know why they are going to close Portland? Are they starting construction for this now?

4. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Where are they closing Portland?

5. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Where are they closing Portland?
    There are signs posted at S 104th and S 89th. I am going to drive down Portland on the way home from work tonight to see if it runs further North, but that is where I saw them yesterday and today.

6. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    There are signs posted at S 104th and S 89th. I am going to drive down Portland on the way home from work tonight to see if it runs further North, but that is where I saw them yesterday and today.
    This is a Public Works repair project that we knew was being planned, but didn't know the schedule for it. Got the 48 hour notification this morning. Work could last until Nov. 25.

7. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Looks like the closure is just from 89th to 104th.

8. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    Looks like the closure is just from 89th to 104th.
    Correct, but the intersections will be open. So the closure is from the south side of 89th, to the north side of 104th.

9. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Ryan View Post
    Correct, but the intersections will be open. So the closure is from the south side of 89th, to the north side of 104th.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PortlandClosureEdit.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	14209

What is being built on 74th between the old Portland and new Portland? Noticed quite a large land clearing. Not SkyWest.

11. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    What is being built on 74th between the old Portland and new Portland? Noticed quite a large land clearing. Not SkyWest.
    That is the Taxiway G extension project. It will help us to stay prepared if we have interest for more aviation-related development in Lariat Landing. No other specific aviation-related projects are in development at this time in that area.

That is the Taxiway G extension project. It will help us to stay prepared if we have interest for more aviation-related development in Lariat Landing. No other specific aviation-related projects are in development at this time in that area.
    Thanks!

Drove by today and noticed a big building going up at Portland and SW 54th street in the development area. Anyone know what it's going to be? Good to see development finally beginning!

14. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Drove by today and noticed a big building going up at Portland and SW 54th street in the development area. Anyone know what it's going to be? Good to see development finally beginning!
    It's a FedEx customer service and vehicle maintenance/storage facility.

It's a FedEx customer service and vehicle maintenance/storage facility.
    I have the plans and keep forgetting to post.

It's a 100,000 SF facility for FedEx Express, as opposed to their nearly 300,000 SF project just wrapping up in far north OKC for FedEx Ground.

There will be a small amount of vehicle repair but mainly it's a sorting and distribution hub for the Express service.

16. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have the plans and keep forgetting to post.

It's a 100,000 SF facility for FedEx Express, as opposed to their nearly 300,000 SF project just wrapping up in far north OKC for FedEx Ground.

There will be a small amount of vehicle repair but mainly it's a sorting and distribution hub for the Express service.
    How can you for forget about us, we have so much going on out here.

How can you for forget about us, we have so much going on out here.
    Haha... I didn't forget!

I'll post the plans soon.

Any word on any other development plans for this area?

19. Default Re: Lariat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Any word on any other development plans for this area?
    Sometimes I wonder if Pete knows before I do... and I work here! FedEx, SkyWest and the extension of Taxiway G, further east toward Portland, are the major things happening right now.

That was another thing, the SkyWest building is coming along pretty good. It's going to be a BIG building.

They are extending the runway across the old Portland near SW 74th in order to provide better air service to businesses in Lariat Landing.

The Amazon facility will be just south of 89th and not be connected to the runway system.

23. Default Re: Lariat Landing

taxiway (instead of runway).

Too bad they are not extending the taxiway infruastructure towards Amazon but I suppose they can/will do so later if AMZ starts air service to OKC. Taxiways are far easier/faster to construct than Runways. ...

since they're extending the taxiway, I assume there is another big announcement forthcoming perhaps. .... a new apron(s) for someone(s) to utilize said new taxiway extension.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are extending the runway across the old Portland near SW 74th in order to provide better air service to businesses in Lariat Landing.

The Amazon facility will be just south of 89th and not be connected to the runway system.
    I drove by today and the taxiway is complete. I didn't see the taxiway lighting up yet or taxiway markings, but the concrete work is completed. There must be plans to lease ground there for corporate hangers. I haven't heard of any plans to build any other aviation businesses there.

Quote Originally Posted by btmec View Post
    I drove by today and the taxiway is complete. I didn't see the taxiway lighting up yet or taxiway markings, but the concrete work is completed. There must be plans to lease ground there for corporate hangers. I haven't heard of any plans to build any other aviation businesses there.
    There haven't been any building permits issued for the adjacent property, so it's probably improvements with the hopes of attracting businesses.

Thread Information