Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Steve is reporting in this article that this project was approved by the Bricktown Urban Design Committee yesterday and construction is planned to start in May.
    They have not yet filed their building permit and on a project this size, it often takes several months to get them approved, typically with several back-and-forth iterations before get final sign off.

May would be awesome but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by _Kyle View Post
    I'm very happy about this being approved but kinda sad were losing the flagpole.
    It will not go away, It's being moved to another as yet undetermined location in bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have not yet filed their building permit and on a project this size, it often takes several months to get them approved, typically with several back-and-forth iterations before get final sign off.

May would be awesome but unlikely.
    Maybe they plan to begin taking down the flag, tearing up and removing the parking lot, and start doing site prep in May. Would technically be construction on the project but not necessarily the building.

Since May is practically gone and this site was still a parking lot today when I drove by, I'm guessing they're waiting til the streetcar construction in that direct vicinity is complete before moving forward?

Unhappy Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Whats going on with this project? I pretty much forgot about it.

Blog Entries

Waiting for the flagpole to move maybe

7. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

The flagpole isn't impacting the start; and in fact it's essentially been decided to let it go at this point. For some time, the start of construction has been projected to be this month. Even if it doesn't happen this month all systems are still go presently.

Building permits have not been issued as of yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The flagpole isn't impacting the start; and in fact it's essentially been decided to let it go at this point. For some time, the start of construction has been projected to be this month. Even if it doesn't happen this month all systems are still go presently.
    Yeah, Richard McKown talked about the results of the design meeting (regarding the flag) at the last BID board meeting (incidentally I made a suggestion he seemed to like [which is not to say it's feasible] that I should PM you about), so I knew what was up with that, I just didn't know if they were waiting to proceed until that meeting happened, which if so may have pushed start times back I was thinking.

10. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

The hotel developer is in no way waiting for resolution on the flagpole issue and is free to proceed at any time.

Whats happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by _Kyle View Post
    Whats happening here?
    They submitted their building permit application in May and the City came back to them with a request for tons more info and they haven't responded.

Usually a sign they are in no hurry to get started.

HangryHippo Guest

Is the city's request for more info publicly available somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is the city's request for more info publicly available somewhere?
    On the city's permit system.

The process is:

1. Applicant submits form and info in aid of a building permit
    2. City staff reviews and come back with request for more details and clarifications
    3. Applicant answers
    4. City staff again reviews
    5. Repeat 3 & 4 until building permit is issued.

This project has been stuck on #2 for months. That is usually a sign the developer is not in any hurry for various reasons, the most common being that the submission of a building permit application (step #1) almost always coincides with seeking construction bids and financing. When those things aren't going well (need to rebid project, revise plans to reduce costs, can't get financing) the developer is in no rush to move past step #2 until those issues are resolved on their end.

15. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

I had a chance meeting with the general contactor a couple of weeks ago. He was on site - visiting from Fayetteville - and was here photographing the site and making plans for things like crane location and construction barricades. He expects construction to proceed relatively soon, but just as we were discussing schedule I was pulled away by a phone call.

HangryHippo Guest

Has this project died? What’s the hold up?

Was just told today they are moving forward.

However, they still have not responded to the City's request for items needed for their building permit application that came in June of last year.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Was just told today they are moving forward.

However, they still have not responded to the City's request for items needed for their building permit application that came in June of last year.
    That’s odd - but very good to hear they’re still moving forward.

There is some movement in the Bricktown Urban Design Committee regarding this project. It looks as though the owner has submitted revisions and received design approval.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    There is some movement in the Bricktown Urban Design Committee regarding this project. It looks as though the owner has submitted revisions and received design approval.
    Is there a copy of the agenda available somewhere? I looked at OKC.gov but only found general information about the committee, nothing about agendas.

https://www.okc.gov/departments/plan...vents-calendar

Click on the meeting you want to view, and if the agenda is available you can access it from there.

I have that link as one of my home pages, and check it when I get to the office. It really helps me keep track of everything that is moving around town.

I was able to find the agenda for the March meeting linked at https://agenda.okc.gov/sirepub/mtgvi...doctype=AGENDA, and that has the revisions PDF linked for download if you scroll down to 8.A.1 and click for the supporting matrials (the PDF download is at the bottom of the box over to the right).

The PDF link directly, though i understand that document links off the city website have a habit of not persistantly working and as such it may not work for anyone else.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    https://www.okc.gov/departments/plan...vents-calendar

Click on the meeting you want to view, and if the agenda is available you can access it from there.

I have that link as one of my home pages, and check it when I get to the office. It really helps me keep track of everything that is moving around town.
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I was able to find the agenda for the March meeting linked at https://agenda.okc.gov/sirepub/mtgvi...doctype=AGENDA, and that has the revisions PDF linked for download if you scroll down to 8.A.1 and click for the supporting matrials (the PDF download is at the bottom of the box over to the right).

The PDF link directly, though i understand that document links off the city website have a habit of not persistantly working and as such it may not work for anyone else.
    Thanks to both of you! I apparently just don't know how to Google properly.

David, your direct .pdf link worked perfectly for me.

Any updates?

Blog Entries

https://newsok.com/article/5606174/q...building-spree

latest report is work won't start for another few months

Thread Information