Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
Unless you have some insight into a plan no one else does, that's most definitely NOT on the map right now.

I wonder if that makes sense though. We've got a pretty nice Westin right now, and something on the same level is going to directly compete with that...within the same brand family. It's too far from the CC to get a Marriot family to take it, but the trick here is getting deals for Thunder games/etc. What the Westin and Current "R" have, is proximity to the 'Peake that the new CC and hotel will not have. One could say something similar for the soccer stadium, although that's a bit of a stretch since it's still quite a walk to get there even from the Myriad. I'm thinking those recurring customers like the teams and their entourages/media/etc. The wont will it on a normal day, but they can make a pretty good dent.

With the Skirvin/Colcord around the corner too, i'm wondering if the high-end hotelier brands are saturated. I have no idea really since i dont rent hotel rooms here. But each of them are large players in the game. I'm sure demographers are taking a hard look before they decide who's flag to fly there. Lacking a garage, a GOOD driveway (like the Westin), and zero meeting space whatsoever, has always been an issue IMO for the "R". Too much relied on the Cox being there....and it wont last forever. I dont think it's going anywhere any time soon, but it wont live forever. I still think the city will hold it until it's time to replace the Peake. Already own the land....and it's big enough of a lot that they can build more than just an arena when they do build. Not quite a Barklay's, but plenty of room for mixed-use/etc. on the superblock. No reason to chop it up either....doesn't get us anything since it doesn't alter access to anything by bringing the grid back there.
Where is our Westin?