Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Default Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    So you don't like the delish eye candy?
    There's much, much, better to be seen.

Blog Entries

Now, we know why they didn't name the show Sweet Home Alabama with a Birmingham flavor--trademark, copyright issues?

Season 2 started on Friday night.

It's set up more as a home design show, but with the familiar shenanigans mixed in. First episode wasn't too bad.

What happened to the third girl? Did she get kicked to the curb?

[QUOTE=Dustin;1054918]What happened to the third girl? Did she get kicked to the curb?

I think that might be why it's no longer called Sweet Home Oklahoma so she don't get PAID.

i sort of like the HGTV tack they've now chosen. probably will be a better look for the city too.

Blog Entries

The Real Housewives format Bravo has with the larger markets like Atlanta, Dallas, New Jersey & Orange County probably would have worked for a much smaller market like OKC.

Really can't quite pinpoint what would have been different with a city the size of ours because the basic demographics doesn't change.

Guessing the 3rd girl didnt really want to do it anymore. Even during the 1st season she didnt want her kids on it. She might have chosen privacy over a few thousand dollars.

Something I noticed,
    On episode 1, they redo a home located at 8200 Waverly. They claim its Nichols Hills, when in fact it actually isn't. It is in OKC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    On episode 1, they redo a home located at 8200 Waverly. They claim its Nichols Hills, when in fact it actually isn't. It is in OKC.
    Yes, it is Nichols Hills, north of Wilshire between Penn and Western.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yes, it is Nichols Hills, north of Wilshire between Penn and Western.
    The boundary between Nichols Hills and OKC is Waverly Ave, the house is on the OKC side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    The boundary between Nichols Hills and OKC is Waverly Ave, the house is on the OKC side.
    That’s interesting. Realtor.com has it NH. May be like my addition....is platted as a NH subdivision bit isn’t part of NH incorporated. Trulia and realty track also show it as NH address.

I used to live in OKC but had an Edmond address. Lol

Just checked... is in the Penningtons Nichols Hills subdivision according to the county assessor’s office.

If you look at street addresses its 8200, then across the street its 7303.

The 7303 is a NH address, while the 8200 is an OKC address.

Hopefully "the judge" didnt buy the house after being told the house was in Nichols Hills. You would think a realtor would disclose that.

Kenilworth right there is the same way as well, south side is NH, north side is OKC.

14. Default Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

I'm sure they we're happy with it being on that side of the street. On the other side it would have been a million more and $5k more in property taxes.

It's def not in Nichols Hills. But no one is looking down on them either since that property is pretty sweet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I'm sure they we're happy with it being on that side of the street. On the other side it would have been a million more and $5k more in property taxes.

It's def not in Nichols Hills. But no one is looking down on them either since that property is pretty sweet.
    It is not in the city of Nichols Hills, but is in the Penningtons Nichols Hills subdivision, Block 002 Lot 006 according to the OK County Assessor’s Office Database. They are not subject to the incorporated NH utilities, taxes or laws. I believe their postal address is also listed as Nichols Hills, OK 73120-1421. They are in the Nichols Hills School District.

At last sale of $1.738 million, its value is still almost $300 a foot. Given the size of the grounds, that’s a good price for the property and in line with similar properties in NH.

This sounds very much like " a difference without distinction". Just sayin"

17. Default Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It is not in the city of Nichols Hills, but is in the Penningtons Nichols Hills subdivision, Block 002 Lot 006 according to the OK County Assessor’s Office Database. They are not subject to the incorporated NH utilities, taxes or laws. I believe their postal address is also listed as Nichols Hills, OK 73120-1421. They are in the Nichols Hills School District.

At last sale of $1.738 million, its value is still almost $300 a foot. Given the size of the grounds, that’s a good price for the property and in line with similar properties in NH.
    That's why the $287.51/ft is a bit skewed. It's 2.7 acre estate with a pond. What they've done to it could easily push it north of $500/ft, or $3+ million.

City limits for those who are interested http://www.nicholshills.net/Files/20...NING%20MAP.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information