Widgets Magazine

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Joe Schmoe Guest

Talking Joe the Schmoe

I was the Webmaster for the City for I think about 8 years. Worked there for 12. I'm pretty apolitical, but I'm also a provocature. One of my favorite accomplishments at the City was the TalkBack forum.

It was a lively, generaly uncensored soapbox for the Citizens of OKC. Needless to say, the Council had mixed feelings about it. While it ran for over six years, I think it lasted about a week after I left. But I feel stongly that the average citizen deserves a place at the table of opinions that influence City government.

In the 80s I ran the Classen Art Center & the Max Herschfeld Galleries. Now I paint, teach Design & Videography at City Arts, freelance design work, & repair Macintosh computers through the Computer Nerds. I have a short attention span, so this type of variety works very well for me.

I will be an enthusiastic supporter of this new forum venue.

Default Re: Roll Call- Introduce yourself

Hey everyone! My name is Brent. I'm an architecture student at the University of Oklahoma. I'm originally from Tulsa.

I've grown to know OKC a lot better since I moved to Norman. I'm always interested in what is going on and I follow the development of Bricktown very closely. I'll try to keep all of you posted on the happenings in and around Norman.

Patrick Guest

Hey BG918, welcome to the forum! We'd love for you to join in on the discussion..keep us up to date on what's new in Norman!

4. Cool Re: Roll Call- Introduce yourself

Hi, I am a recent transplant to Oklahoma from the San Francisco Bay Area/ Silicon Valley.

We have been here about one and a half years. I am still trying to adjust to the different weather and sometimes different ways of thinking but overall I really love it here.

I was sitting last night in the backyard watching the fireflies, listening to the crickets(?) or cicadas watching the stars and it was just so peaceful! I appreciate that so much coming from a big city.

There are so many great things about Oklahoma, I guess my hope would be to try to positively influence some of the attitudes regarding Oklahoma. I really want people to recognize the wonderful things here and not focus on some of the outdated perceptions.

I was in the mortgage / real estate industry in California and am amazed at the home you can get here compared to there!

I have two boys age 6 & 11, (love the schools here!) and have been married 16 years (yikes!!) it goes fast.. we have a Black Lab named Kodi and a Black cat named Zoe. My mom has moved here and various relatives have followed us out here. It's a booming place!

I hope to make some new friends here in Oklahoma and learn more about downtown and the state in general.

Look forward to chatting with you all - Karrie
    Last edited by Karried; 07-18-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Keith Guest

Welcome to the forum, Karrie . We have a lot of nice people here and we have some excellent, clean discussions. Also, welcome to OKC.....I'm glad you chose our fine City to settle down in.

Thread Information