Widgets Magazine
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 353637383940

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello Okctalkers, long time reader , first time poster. I look forward to engaging in the topics close to my heart. I love OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by OKIEDOKE View Post
    Hello Okctalkers, long time reader , first time poster. I look forward to engaging in the topics close to my heart. I love OKC!
    Banned already? Well done sir!

3. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello Everyone. I've enjoyed the forum as a reader for a couple of years and finally decided to register. Moved to OKC in 1990 and have lived in the NW 23rd/Penn area since 1992. Thanks, Pete, for making this such a valuable source of information in a congenial environment.

^

Welcome to the site and thanks for the kind words!

5. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Well, I'm not really new, but it has been a long time since visiting and posting. Having spent many minutes looking around today, may I say that I am impressed, Pete, at your endurance and the quality of what OKCTalk has become. I look forward to coming back more often. Amazing job!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Well, I'm not really new, but it has been a long time since visiting and posting. Having spent many minutes looking around today, may I say that I am impressed, Pete, at your endurance and the quality of what OKCTalk has become. I look forward to coming back more often. Amazing job!
    Doug - very glad to have you back! Your contributions have been sorely missed!

Well, this looks like a good place for a first post. I was mostly raised in Del City but have not lived in Oklahoma since 1990 when I got in the military. But, we are considering a move back in the next year or so and came across this awesome board while looking into that. We are currently living in a little beach town in Australia, so a move back will be quite a lifestyle switch. I suppose I will mostly be a lurker since I won't have much to add from such a remote location. But, I very much appreciate all of the great information here.

We were considering a condo in in town. From the prices, appears that I was not the first to think of that. Wow, $400 a sq/ft in OKC is depressing and exciting at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by steross View Post
    Well, this looks like a good place for a first post. I was mostly raised in Del City but have not lived in Oklahoma since 1990 when I got in the military. But, we are considering a move back in the next year or so and came across this awesome board while looking into that. We are currently living in a little beach town in Australia, so a move back will be quite a lifestyle switch. I suppose I will mostly be a lurker since I won't have much to add from such a remote location. But, I very much appreciate all of the great information here.

We were considering a condo in in town. From the prices, appears that I was not the first to think of that. Wow, $400 a sq/ft in OKC is depressing and exciting at the same time!
    Oh.....no. I already deal with you on orangepower.com, I don't wanna have to do that here too...

Jk man, welcome to okctalk! I mainly just lurk here but it's a great board that keeps me updated on all the developments. Pete is like a wizard in how he's always able to stay on top of what is going on and what is about to happen. Always seems to know before anyone else.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy. I am a 32 year old newcomer to the OKC Metro area, in fact I literally just moved in here today! Prior to today, I resided in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am living in southwest OKC/Moore. My roommates and I are here to begin a meteorology business and do tornado research. Where we live is 3 blocks from the 2013 Moore tornado path. My hope is that I can immerse myself into local events and meet new folks around town in my spare time.

Welcome!

Been reading OKCTalk for a while now. Had some difficulty in the past to register for some reason and it now finally works. I am excited to actually get to join in the conversations on here, as I usually have comments or questions when reading other people's thoughts. I am a 26 yr old, recently married last Oct, expecting our first child this Oct and looking at possibly moving into the OKC proper area. We currently live in Yukon, which isn't awful, but I am getting tired of my daily commute to Britton and Broadway Ext.

^

Sorry for the previous trouble in registering.

Welcome to the jungle!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Been reading OKCTalk for a while now. Had some difficulty in the past to register for some reason and it now finally works. I am excited to actually get to join in the conversations on here, as I usually have comments or questions when reading other people's thoughts. I am a 26 yr old, recently married last Oct, expecting our first child this Oct and looking at possibly moving into the OKC proper area. We currently live in Yukon, which isn't awful, but I am getting tired of my daily commute to Britton and Broadway Ext.
    Welcome! Based on my experience, I'll think you will definitely be happier making the move to OKC proper. You won't regret it!

Just dropping in to say I'm happy to join this forum from my hometown.

I was having some problems getting a message to post, so I'll try again after my short "test" post.

It doesn't seem that many newbies post here, but here I am!

I was born and raised in Okla. and lived mostly in OKC. "Business reasons" lead me to move out of state, but I still return to visit my elderly Mom. Every day I read several OKC news sites so I can reply to Mom when she says "Did you read about....?" <g>

I plan on visiting various threads re. media, radio, music, as I'm now semi retired from the biz.

Also Coronado Heights, Hefner Jr. since those were my stomping grounds.

Thanks for having me aboard!

Hi there! Moved to Stillwater from Louisiana about 3 years ago, and moved to OKC less than a year ago. Honestly, I really like it here and even bought my first house in NW OKC. It's been great to see the city going through a revitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcopel90 View Post
    Hi there! Moved to Stillwater from Louisiana about 3 years ago, and moved to OKC less than a year ago. Honestly, I really like it here and even bought my first house in NW OKC. It's been great to see the city going through a revitalization.
    Welcome!

There is a ton going on in OKC and you've found the right place to stay up with it all.

Thread Information