Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Welcome, Nikki. Glad to have you.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    Realized I've never introduced myself on here.

My name is Michael Herndon. I'm 19, born and raised on the inner-north and south sides of the city. I graduated from Southeast in 2010, and I attend OCCC and UCO now with a major in Graphic Design. If I had the means, my true dream would have been to pursue a career and education in urban planning, city development, land-use planning, etc. But life is give and take so until that dream comes true, OKCTalk holds me over. I love following the urban progress in our city and I'm an advocate of smart, green planning. When I graduate UCO in in a couple years I want to work and live downtown, maybe even work for Ghost.

Joined OKCTalk in 2007, but I've been lurking since 2006. I'm still more of a lurker, than a poster, but that's because I use the site mainly as a place to get information on new developments in our city. Love the site and all the information from everyone. One of my favorites.
    We're not so different, you and I. You've been here 4 years longer than I have so I can't really you so, glad you introduced yourself and hope your ambitions come true as I have similar ambitions. Good luck in the rest of your College years and may you become a successfull Oklahoma Citian.

Default Re: "roll Call"

Hi all, I am so excited to find this place!

Professionally I manage a paint store. In my free time I explore OKC! I love to just drive around and see what's out there, this site will save me on gas and feed my curiosity! I am a huge fan of Mid-Century Modern architecture, Modern Architecture, and the historic International style in OKC.

I moved here after college a few years ago from a small Missouri farming community- this is a very big city for me, I will probably stay here longterm and I plan to take it all in. I bought and am in the process of renovating a MCM home in Mayfair Heights near N May and NW 43. After it is complete I hope to sell it and look for a bigger and better MCM project somewhere else in NW OKC.

Just found your site while looking for information on the earthquakes looks interesting thanks

Hey, friends! So I guess this is where I'm supposed to introduce myself. Hi, my name is James (that's always the awkward part, isn't it?) I have lived in the OKC Metro all my life. Early on I lived in The Village, then moved to the South Side, and later the west side (between Yukon and Mustang) during high school. I managed to remain at Southeast High School due to the lack of JROTC options out west. Joined the OK Air National Guard while still in high school, and have been serving for over 11 years and counting. Spent a little less than a year in Biloxi, MS for training, then moved to Edmond and attended UCO. Lived in various areas on the NW side for a few years before marriage and just welcomed my first son earlier this year.

I first caught the urban development bug as a VERY young child. My grandmother had a book on urban development in OKC and after reading it (or looking at the pictures) at an age so young I barely remember (it was a fairly new book, and all I remember was it was written while the Oklahoma Tower was still under construction) I was hooked. I think I am the only person I know who read the Buisness section in elementry school. I spent 14 years in retail, but now have my dream job on the Bricktown Canal, and I couldn't be happier.

I've read this website for years, and finally decided to take the time to register.

Sorry if I rambled

6. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Friends KNOW me those who don't, we will get to know each other over time. Glad to find a site to talk about Oklahoma issues and hear about Oklahoma Events.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
    Hey, friends! So I guess this is where I'm supposed to introduce myself. Hi, my name is James (that's always the awkward part, isn't it?) I have lived in the OKC Metro all my life. Early on I lived in The Village, then moved to the South Side, and later the west side (between Yukon and Mustang) during high school. I managed to remain at Southeast High School due to the lack of JROTC options out west. Joined the OK Air National Guard while still in high school, and have been serving for over 11 years and counting. Spent a little less than a year in Biloxi, MS for training, then moved to Edmond and attended UCO. Lived in various areas on the NW side for a few years before marriage and just welcomed my first son earlier this year.

I first caught the urban development bug as a VERY young child. My grandmother had a book on urban development in OKC and after reading it (or looking at the pictures) at an age so young I barely remember (it was a fairly new book, and all I remember was it was written while the Oklahoma Tower was still under construction) I was hooked. I think I am the only person I know who read the Buisness section in elementry school. I spent 14 years in retail, but now have my dream job on the Bricktown Canal, and I couldn't be happier.

I've read this website for years, and finally decided to take the time to register.

Sorry if I rambled
    Welcome James! It sounds like you've lived all over Oklahoma City in your lifetime (I have as well). Congratulations on the birth of your son as well! And I would also like to thank you for your service.

I never cared for urban development untill recently so I cannot relate to you in that sense, however, I have always read the Business section and have always been fascinated with development as a whole. But this isn't about me, this is about you. It's great to add a new member to the OKCTalk family and hope to see you engage with the rest of us (pier pressure voice) as it makes it more interesting to hear other opinions; no obligations though, I know you have a life to live outside of here because I do too. Lol

BTW, you didn't ramble, no need to apologize. =)

Hi, I'm Vicky...I have been living in OKC since I was 16 yrs old...I am now 53. My husband and I are both retired and live in Tecumseh, OK now. We just sold all of our mini horses and donkeys so we don't have to feed in the winter...weather getting a little harder for us to endure now. We now just have our chihuahua's and my new yorkie. I registered on here to learn more about what's going on in OKC, to share memories of the old OKC and to find ways to "pay it forward" ...we live on a limited income but try to help others. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Quote Originally Posted by vbelyeu View Post
    Hi, I'm Vicky...I have been living in OKC since I was 16 yrs old...I am now 53. My husband and I are both retired and live in Tecumseh, OK now. We just sold all of our mini horses and donkeys so we don't have to feed in the winter...weather getting a little harder for us to endure now. We now just have our chihuahua's and my new yorkie. I registered on here to learn more about what's going on in OKC, to share memories of the old OKC and to find ways to "pay it forward" ...we live on a limited income but try to help others. Thanks for taking the time to read!
    Welcome Vicky! You must like small animals.

Hi my name is Mike, I was born in NW oklahoma moved to OKC and lived there for 25yrs until I moved to Philly been here for 15yrs. My son and I do home remodels and cleanouts, I enjoy comming home to see all the great work that has been done in OKC, when I retire I'll move back.

Hi everyone
    My name is Will, but some folks know me as Sandy. I lived in various parts of the OKC area from 1968 to 2000, but mostly in Moore, where I graduated from high school in '84 (while wearing a body cast). I moved from the area in 2000 to southwest Missouri, and then later on to far northeastern Oklahoma where I presently live with my wife and almost 2 year old son. We also have a 22 year old daughter who elected to move back to OKC a few years ago.
    Anyway, I miss living down there, there have been so many changes in the short time that I have been gone, so I've especially enjoyed reading the nostalgia and memories section. From some of the postings I've read, it wouldn't surprise me if I already know some of you, or we at least have some mutual friends. A lot of the time when we do get down there visit, no matter what side of town we're on I always bump into 3 or 4 people I know
    Anyway, its good to be here.

hi i live in philadelphia pa i have been out here for 14yrs, my son and i run a business togather, i miss being in okc and look forward to moving back some day

I've been to Philly a couple of times, and it seemed like a nice place, but I was there on business and really didn't have time to look around

14. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Hello, I'm Jake! I've been browsing this site for a few years and have to say that I love the fact that OKC citizens are actively discussing issues and ideas about their city! I'm actually from Tulsa, but the majority of my friends and my two twin brothers live in the Oklahoma City area so I visit OKC about every couple of weeks. While I'm not a citizen of the Oklahoma City, I take great pride in what the city is and what it is aspiring to be. I'm am enthralled and fascinated with what OKC is doing to further develop itself into a "major-league" city. Along with not being an actual Okalahoa Citian, I'm also only 19 years old. I cannot give insight or information to anyone, but I definitely enjoy what wiser and more informed people have to say about the city!
    Hi Jakey! You're going to absolutely love it here!

Hello all my name Roland I moved to OKC in 1996 for a job in the past 4 years my wife has taken on 2 new business in OKC, OK Integrated Massage Therapy College and 2 of the local Elements franchise if you care to view either here are the links to the school and Elements.http://imtcollege.com/education/oklahoma-massage-school and http://touchofelements.com/quailsprings, http://touchofelements.com/warracres. thank you for your interest.

Greetings everyone. I am Rich and I just discovered this forum. I grew up in Oklahoma (Lawton, to be precise) and graduated from OU. I am currently up here in Wyoming where the wind always blows (almost 80 mph at the end of December). Much of my family resides in Oklahoma so I try to get back there every now and then. Boomer Sooner, and I wish they'd put Wyoming on their non-conference schedule.

Name is Grant Phillips, grew up in Clinton, OK. been in Edmond for almost 6 years. 23 yrs old. Just graduated from Oklahoma Christian and looking for a job in the oil and gas industry. I have been reading the forums for a few months and just signed up a month ago. I have a passion for OKC like no other and really appreciate the information that is posted on here. see ya around!

18. Default Re: "roll Call"

Hi everyone!

My name is Megan and I claim Ardmore as my hometown (though part of my childhood was spent in Sulphur, McAlester, Miami, and Ada as well). My husband and I are ECU alums who spent 7 years living in Texas after graduation while he was coaching college football. Three years ago, we decided to leave coaching and move back to OK to be closer to family. We now live in Chickasha with our two daughters. I found this forum while researching neighborhoods in OKC. Such a helpful resource!

Heya, hiya, helloya to everyone who has recently joined. Welcome to the fray.

Hello all. My name is Brian and I am a tax analyst with an oil in gas company i n OKC. I've been following Steve's blog for some time now and really enjoy all that is taking place here in Oklahoma City. Thunder up!

Welcome knigtrider!

You've already made some great posts... Keep it up!

Hi my name is Kyle cross, uh I'm 13 and just curious about the beast state I live in!

Hi my name is Dante Everheart, I'm 18 and born and raised in El Reno, Oklahoma. We are located about 20 minutes west of the Oklahoma City off i-40. I plan to attend OCCC to major in Computer Information Systems, then transfer to UCO. I have been on this site since last June but i used to get on here just to look at updated photos of the Devon Tower. I joined because I realize it gives me great info about the best city in the world now I love to get on this site every chance I get. :-)

24. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

"Like" our properties on Facebook to get the latest news about our work.

River West - Sand Springs OK
    Elk City Marketplace - Elk City OK
    Fox Lake Shops - Edmond OK
    Northeast Crossroad - Broken Arrow OK
    Southwest Crossroads - Glenpool OK

hello! PWM here, I'm colby, the owner of the studio. Just looking to network with some local musicians and studios.

Thread Information