Widgets Magazine
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I work for a local, independent real estate team called The Allen Group. We got a lot of hits on our website from you all and your chatter about the Chesapeake development! We all have access to this, but I am personally the administrative assistant. I'm partially responsible for keeping everyone "in the know" about our wonderful city and I thought what better place to exchange ideas and information? I look forward to conversing with you all!

and this is my personal forum log-in for when I want to be opinionated

Thank you!!

Default Re: "roll Call"

I'll keep this short. My name is Nate and I'm a transplant from the Chicago area. I'm 27 years old, 5 years into marriage and have a little one on the way. I work for a large commercial roofing contractor here in the city (sales/project management). I'm interested in new construction/development in the city. I'm really interested in discussions about bringing in national retailers to the downtown area to make it more of a destination for locals and visitors.

Hello, My family moved to OKC in 1982 when I was 10 years old. Currently I am a missionary in Sapporo, Japan with my wife and 2 boys.

This website is my lifeline to see how our great city is developing.

Hi everyone,

Honestly, I came across this site while searching for something else. I dont remember what it was because I've been looking at posts on this site for about an hour. I figured I'd better sign up and check it out :-)

Hello I just moved here from michigan a few months ago. I came across this site while researching the area.

Welcome Michanger!!!!
    Come back to the site often and weigh in on the issues

I'm Zombie - some various people may know me from other boards.

I'll be around here and there...don't worry

Hello I am capt_john_97 or john...or capt. In any event I am a native Oklahoman and I am fascinated with this site. I found it totally by chance as I was searching for material on the old Will Rogers Riding stable. I have lived in OKC all my life and I do love this city. I thought after having been here for a few days I should come and introduce myself. Thanks in advance for helping me find what picques my curiosity. It has been quite the walk down memory lane.
    I am a public school teacher in OKCPS

Hey guys,

My name is Benjamin but feel free to call me Ben. I'm a recent UCO grad and just interested learning more about OK and also meeting people who are active online! I'm also a startup internet marketer looking for more ways to do business. When I'm not in front of the computer I'm either playing Badminton or just hanging out with friends. Nice to meet ya'll!

Default Re: "roll Call"

I'm moving from Florida and would like to find a spa-like rental outside of OKC--the more privacy and spa-like features, the better. I am moving from a beach community in Florida and plan to do therapeutic massage and medical billing and coding from my home. I have a master's degree and don't have any children or pets and I don't smoke. I'm very quiet and clean and have great references. I will pay you $10/hour to help me find a great location. Please call Carol at 941-240-0140 if you would like to help me relocate. I will be a good friend and business partner. Email is my preferred method of communication.

13. Default Re: "roll Call"

Name is James, been lurking here for quite a while, started due to Venture's awesome DIY weather coverage. Oklahoma born and bred going on 31 years. Pretty big internet nerd, like to lurk on a lot of sites/forums and read other peoples opinions on things. (addicted to news story comments more than the story itself most of the time) I have to say you guys seem to have a lot of entertaining characters/personalities here.

Also a pretty big music nerd and a thread about concerts coming to Oklahoma actually led me to finally get around to posting something here. (my luck the thread'll get locked before my post gets approved)

Anyways, here's the obligatory introduction post from that creepy lurker guy who always seems to be logged in.

Greetings!

I am Jeremy, age 30, resident of OKC for most of my life, bar two years during which I lived in Portland, Oregon. I am in the process of buying my first home, so since it's obvious that a home purchase will ground me to Oklahoma for several years to come, I saw fit to get involved in the local discussions.

I work in the mobile industry (won't disclose the company, but we're big and may soon own the entire GSM spectrum in the US), and am a writer, operating my own independent publishing house as a sole proprietor. Largely, I founded it as a means of publishing my own work. I'm a bit of a geek for new technology, especially tablets and smartphones (Android!).

15. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome New Peoples. :-)

James - thanks for the shout out. Glad it sucked you into our demented little crazy OKCTalk family.

Jeremy - Good luck on the new house! Be sure to share some of your work here (or let us know where to find it)...always interested to see what kind of local talent we have.

Thanks much, Venture79. My publishing house is Lux Ferous Press (http://luxferous.com) - undoubtedly the odd fit for OKC, but c'est la vie.

Hello,

My name is Myles and I was born and have lived in Oklahoma City all of my life. I'm only 17, so I may not be able to give people information on things they are curious about. Overall I love Oklahoma City and am proud to say I'm from here and plan to be here all of my life. I haven't always appreciated the 405 until recently, when I found out about the Devon Tower, now my imagination runs wild of the possibilities of things to come for OKC. Thanks to OKCTalk, I've been able to stay up to date on new developments in OKC and the suburbs. I think it is a very exciting time to live in Oklahoma City, which makes it a more desired city for young adults my age, some a little older. The older I get, the more appealing the city becomes for me and others in my age group. Thank you to everyone who comes here and supports this forum, and a very big thank you to Pete for starting this forum. God bless.

MDot,
    Welcome! Great to read that young Oklahoma Citians have pride in our city and want to stay and make a difference. We need more like you, hopefully they are out there.

Hello, I'm Jake! I've been browsing this site for a few years and have to say that I love the fact that OKC citizens are actively discussing issues and ideas about their city! I'm actually from Tulsa, but the majority of my friends and my two twin brothers live in the Oklahoma City area so I visit OKC about every couple of weeks. While I'm not a citizen of the Oklahoma City, I take great pride in what the city is and what it is aspiring to be. I'm am enthralled and fascinated with what OKC is doing to further develop itself into a "major-league" city. Along with not being an actual Okalahoa Citian, I'm also only 19 years old. I cannot give insight or information to anyone, but I definitely enjoy what wiser and more informed people have to say about the city!

Hello Iam Cheryl I have lived in OKC for 40 years. I moved one time but came back this is my City.MDot is my grandson I saw him looking @this site thought i would look for myself thing its great

Well, welcome aboard cfeken, good to have you. ;-)

Hello all. My name's John Paul McCain (don't laugh). Been browsing the forum for a couple of months and decided to join. Lived here my entire life with the brief exception of an ill fated move to Tyler, TX for six months in 2009. I'm 26 and absolutely love our city and where it is going. I consider myself a bit of an OKC history buff and like to peruse sites like okchistory.com . Look forward to talking to many of you!

23. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Realized I've never introduced myself on here.

My name is Michael Herndon. I'm 19, born and raised on the inner-north and south sides of the city. I graduated from Southeast in 2010, and I attend OCCC and UCO now with a major in Graphic Design. If I had the means, my true dream would have been to pursue a career and education in urban planning, city development, land-use planning, etc. But life is give and take so until that dream comes true, OKCTalk holds me over. I love following the urban progress in our city and I'm an advocate of smart, green planning. When I graduate UCO in in a couple years I want to work and live downtown, maybe even work for Ghost.

Joined OKCTalk in 2007, but I've been lurking since 2006. I'm still more of a lurker, than a poster, but that's because I use the site mainly as a place to get information on new developments in our city. Love the site and all the information from everyone. One of my favorites.

Hi all, I'm Nikki. I have lived in or around OKC since 2002.

Welcome, Nikki. Glad to have you.

Thread Information