Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I'm not native to Oklahoma. I've lived here about 3 years. Moved from GA. Figured I'd drop in and contribute now and again and learn a little about OKC and the folks who live here...figure this forum is a representative sample of the population.

2. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Well.. I'm not very good at these intro posts, but here goes..

My name is Brian, and I was born and raised here in central Oklahoma, and I've lived here my whole life.

I'm rather curious as to what this forum can offer.

3. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I'm Tiffany
    Lived here my whole life.
    & a full time student.
    Just wanting to check out this forum.
    There aren't really any good forums for Oklahoma...

4. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by xoxotiffanynicole View Post
    I'm Tiffany
    Lived here my whole life.
    & a full time student.
    Just wanting to check out this forum.
    There aren't really any good forums for Oklahoma...
    Welcome to OKCTalk Tiffany.. I hope what you end up seeing on this forum doesn't turn you off to the city as a whole...

5. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    Welcome to OKCTalk Tiffany.. I hope what you end up seeing on this forum doesn't turn you off to the city as a whole...
    It already has...jk.

Hi, I'm Jason and I've been in OK since 96. I was born and raised in the pacific NW and although I miss the mountains and the real rivers, I love Oklahoma. My family have all been skeptical of OK but they have really enjoyed it as they've come to visit throughout the years.

Yes, I do love cars, hence the name. Working on them, driving them, washing/waxing them etc.

Anyway, it's good to be here.

7. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello ALL. My name is Carl and I've lived in OKC and El reno all my life. For the last 10-12 years i've been in OKC and I love it. I lived in Dallas for a year or two and hated it. OKC is home for me.
    I work for Pitney Bowes out at the new Dell facility taking care of the mail contract and have since a few weeks before the building opened. I'm recently single, well, over a year ago I had to move out of my own house and have all of the utilities turned off until she finally moved out a week or two later. Anyway, looking forward to meeting a few people, i've been couped up in my house for so long that I look forward to comming to work.

Take care, Carl

8. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey new to OKCTalk Originally from New York, been living here the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    Hey new to OKCTalk Originally from New York, been living here the last 6 years.
    Welcome! By New York, do you mean the city? What brought you here?

My name is Michael, originally from Pennsylvania.
    I'm working at Devon.
    It seems to be an exciting time for OKC (I'm told this is the acceptable form of abbreviation for Oklahoma City).
    The NBA, the downtown plans,transit plans, and of course Devon's new building.
    Any suggestions is welcome.
    My plans is to buy a home in the area in 2 to 3 years.

11. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Welcome! By New York, do you mean the city? What brought you here?
    South Hempstead, Long Island. I Moved here when I got out of the Marines.

--Steven

Hey everyone, if you frequent OKCThunderFans.com then you already know who I am. Anyway, I'm from Seattle, and I'm just lurking around, ready to provide a Seattle perspective whenever I think I can add to the discussion.

13. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by StormFan93 View Post
    Hey everyone, if you frequent OKCThunderFans.com then you already know who I am. Anyway, I'm from Seattle, and I'm just lurking around, ready to provide a Seattle perspective whenever I think I can add to the discussion.
    Hi, StormFan93 ... you'll probably think I'm lying but I still have a box of stuff sitting around here somewhere that I'd intended to mail to you sometime last year! Who knows ... maybe you'll get a surprise package one of these days! Is your address the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Hi, StormFan93 ... you'll probably think I'm lying but I still have a box of stuff sitting around here somewhere that I'd intended to mail to you sometime last year! Who knows ... maybe you'll get a surprise package one of these days! Is your address the same?
    My goodness, I had forgotten all about that! Yep, address is still the same.

I haven't had a problem with the virus but, I don't visit the political threads. Ha...

I'm new to the forum, so I'll give it my best shot.

My name is Zach. I'm a 23 year-old student at Colorado State University-Pueblo in Pueblo, Colorado, majoring in communications with an emphasis in integrated communication (marketing, advertising, etc.) and minoring in business administration.

I'm wanting to move to Oklahoma City once I graduate next May, which is why I joined this forum. I want to have a chance to learn as much about the area as I can, network with OKC locals, and maybe hear about potential employment opportunities...

Hi

I'm 20, attending OCU and working as a bartender at Finish Line

I'm 35 year old native Oklahoman woman. I've lived here most of my life--the rest overseas. I teach English to international students from all over who are here to go to university (most of them). I'm closing on my first house on Monday (July 12th) and am both excited and terrified about it. Two dogs live with me and soon, I'll also have two Saudi boys living with me. (I'm opening my home as a homestay.) I am into yoga, a die-hard atheist, and a vegan (duh) so I fit in REALLY WELL here in Oklahoma. ;D

19. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHorse View Post
    Hi

I'm 20, attending OCU and working as a bartender at Finish Line
    don't you need to be 21 to work as a bartender?

welcome to okctalk, btw

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    don't you need to be 21 to work as a bartender?

welcome to okctalk, btw
    yeah, I'm 21. lol!

my b-day was a few weeks ago(june 21), wasn't thinking when I posted

but I've been working there since early may. Shhhh! lol

I'm not exactly new here but have never introduced myself. Like Doug and Steve, I'm a near-fanatic history buff, especially when it comes to OKC. I'm the editor of The New Classen Life, which is a 40-page magazine published quarterly by the Classen High School Alumni Association. I like to always feature at least one item of OKC history in the magazine, often on the back cover (which is one of the eight full-color pages in each issue). As a 1948 graduate of Classen and a resident of OKC off-and-on since 1939, I've seen a bit of it unwind and am always happy to share my memories. I may be a bit sporadic in my visits here, but I'll be back fairly often!

Welcome to the board Jim!

Hi all,

My name's Brandon and I've been scoping out this board off and on for a while, so I figured I should go ahead and join up. I'm a 23 year-old incoming law student at OU and a resident of the Metro for 14 years.

I lived in OKC most of my life, but recently moved to Dallas for a temporary position at Westco. This weekend I am visiting one of my old friends (Frisky) and he showed me this great site! It's just what I was looking for to keep up with the goings on in Oklahoma City until I return.

Welcome Rat!

Thread Information