Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Default 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

A new year has begun.

2. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Too reply to a post in the 2016 thread about expanding service. I too would also like New Orleans.

MSY is currently building a brand new terminal building on the north side of the airport that will expand their gate capacity. Maybe along with our airport expansion that might be an option in a few years when it is done.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...7_million.html

Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Too reply to a post in the 2016 thread about expanding service. I too would also like New Orleans.

MSY is currently building a brand new terminal building on the north side of the airport that will expand their gate capacity. Maybe along with our airport expansion that might be an option in a few years when it is done.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...7_million.html
    Allegiant flew TUL-MSY (New Orleans) for several months last year but it didn't last long. Not sure if it was intended to be seasonal and will come back or not, but that's a potential option for OKC. There's also GLO that flies from MSY to a handful of regional cities like Little Rock, Shreveport and Memphis.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...direct_fl.html

Glo is a cool concept. I don't think I could do OKC to MSY in a Saab 340 though, especially with the cruising speed of around 300mph instead of 500+ mph that most commercial jets do now.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Allegiant flew TUL-MSY (New Orleans) for several months last year but it didn't last long. Not sure if it was intended to be seasonal and will come back or not, but that's a potential option for OKC. There's also GLO that flies from MSY to a handful of regional cities like Little Rock, Shreveport and Memphis.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...direct_fl.html

"Allegiant will offer twice weekly flights from Tulsa International Airport to New Orleans starting in May. The flights will run through mid-October."

That should answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    "Allegiant will offer twice weekly flights from Tulsa International Airport to New Orleans starting in May. The flights will run through mid-October."

That should answer that.
    That makes sense, I wonder if it did well enough to bring it back this year? Seems like a viable route for OKC too though I'm sure many would prefer to see Southwest fly it.

Allegiant has carved a niche at TUL. They started with Sanford (Orlando) and Las Vegas and have expanded to LAX (filling a void where American used to fly), BWI (no Southwest competition on this route unlike in OKC) and PIE (Tampa). Interesting that they don't fly to VPS (Destin/Ft Walton Beach) from TUL but do fly there from OKC along with LAS and SFB.

7. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Excited to see Southwest Air test a nonstop to MCO through the summer, starting 4-30-2017. It will fly on Sundays and is currently on the schedule through August.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	okcmco.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	13420

8. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Ryan View Post
    Excited to see Southwest Air test a nonstop to MCO through the summer, starting 4-30-2017. It will fly on Sundays and is currently on the schedule through August.Click image for larger version. 

Gonna try this one again, huh?. Great news! I hope it sticks around after August.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Ryan View Post

Wow I hadn't seen this. It's only going to operate on Sundays though? Thats odd.

HangryHippo Guest

That is odd.

Only to MCO? I wonder if it's partially just to help WN re-position aircraft.

12. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Don't know the true motive, but we'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That is odd.

Not terribly odd. Southwest has used Saturday/Sunday only seasonal in several markets. OMA-MCO was one off the top of my head which is now year round daily. I also recall in 2008 or so, Southwest ran this service as Saturday only. It ran one season and did not return.

It's a low risk way to test the waters on an historically marginal route.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Doesn't appear so, as this uses 1 airplane (or the equivalent of 1 airplane). Arrives in MCO at 12:10 and return departs at 12:45. Whether or not the exact same airplane turns around and comes back I don't know, but it appears as if it may.

I think this is probably just testing the market again since the last attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Doesn't appear so, as this uses 1 airplane (or the equivalent of 1 airplane). Arrives in MCO at 12:10 and return departs at 12:45. Whether or not the exact same airplane turns around and comes back I don't know, but it appears as if it may.

I think this is probably just testing the market again since the last attempt.
    OK - I was basing my question by the statement that it was TO MCO. Knowing that there's also a FROM nullifies my question.

That's good. 2017 will be a return to growth I imagine

18. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

AA appears to have already removed the 738s from the DFW route and added more RJs in place of slots previously filled by MD80s. I just wish if they are going to transition away from mainline they go all E75 instead.

I notice for UA in March forward both SFO and LAX turn to SkyWest E175 service. Much needed for the long routes. Also see some on ORD now.

HangryHippo Guest

i notice for ua in march forward both sfo and lax turn to skywest e175 service. Much needed for the long routes. Also see some on ord now.
    oh thank god!

21. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

yes, recently flown on this from SEA (via SFO) and the E175 is much better than the previous product.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

January, 2017 off to a slow start.

http://www.flyokc.com/statistics/Jan...nplanement.pdf

http://www.flyokc.com/statistics/Jan...nplanement.pdf

Not a great start. Feb will be down as well. (2016 was a leap year)

24. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

The Delta numbers are rather shocking.

Delta has downsized their equipment of late. They are shifting their larger aircraft to busier routes. We will see larger aircraft reenter the market here within the next month or so.

Thread Information