Widgets Magazine

Thread: Classen & NW Expressway Development?

Default Classen & NW Expressway Development?

Hi! I'm a first-timer here. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about possible upcoming development between Blackwelder and Classen, from about 45th to NW Expressway.

I moved over here seven years ago. At the time, I was hoping that the neighborhood was on its way up. I knew some people on 42nd and 43rd who had bought houses, and that end looked like it was up and coming. The Belle Isle shopping center had been built, and I thought it was only a matter of time before more commercial development happened on the Classen Circle and west toward the Valliance building. Unfortunately, things have not really improved. There are now more renters, the houses are not being maintained, etc.

Since Horn Seed went out of business, I've noticed some interesting activity. 49th Street between Blackwelder and Classen had several houses cleared out. There has been some coming and going and houses changing hands on 48th. I did some research, and it looks like one or two groups are buying up houses under several different LLC names. In particular, there's a guy named Caleb Hill, who is a principle with Zerby Interests, which is involved in the big I-240 corridor development (or so I've heard).

On top of that, a guy who I believe (just an educated guess) works for Hill made some aggressive overtures to buy my house four or five months ago. That's what got me thinking about it in the first place, and spurred me to do some research.

I don't have much more information than that... I've looked through the upcoming/in progress projects on this site, but didn't see anything in this area. I would imagine that just means that if there is something in the works, it's too early for them to have filed any plans with the City. On the other hand, I don't know much about how these things work, hence my question here.

Has anyone heard anything? Any info would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Classen & NW Expressway Development?

Welcome to the site!

I started a thread on this very topic a few years ago:

http://www.okctalk.com/general-real-...y-classen.html

Thanks! I missed that thread when I was originally poking around the site... interesting to see that it was on your radar that far back. My research could be flawed, but the 49th St. Rentals LLC is licensed to Caleb Hill, who the magic Google machine indicates is a "principal" with Zerby Interests. In your original thread, you say it tracks back to Burchfield Commercial Real Estate. Of course that was a few years ago, and a lot of properties have changed hands since then.

Anyway, do you think I'd get more traction from the community posting in the old thread, or leaving this here?

Thanks again for the response! A friend of mine pointed me toward your site... it's a great resource, and looks like a lot of work goes into it. Much appreciated!

Yes, looks like the LLC's have been switched around and you are correct the current ownership now ties back to Zerby Interests.

Teryl Zerby & Co. developed the monster Westgate Marketplace in west OKC, on the north side of I-40 between MacArthur and Rockwell. Also Oak Grove (Sprouts) under construction at 122nd & MacArthur and Spring Creek in Edmond.

Zerby does mostly retail work so that would imply a future shopping center of some type.

Before that could happen, all those properties would have to be rezoned and I watch the planning commission items like a hawk, and there has been nothing filed thus far.

Considering these acquisitions have been occurring over a period of almost 10 years, I doubt anything is imminent here.

Ah, that makes sense.

I would assume that a developer would wait until he/she had all or most of the properties in hand before filing to rezone, though? I'll keep checking into it, though I'm sure you're correct that it will probably be a while before anything happens.

Thanks again for the info!

Are there any updates with the plot of land bounded by NW Expressway, N. Blackwelder, NW 46th St. and Classen?

This was supposed to be a huge developement by Zerby and Caleb Hill but I heard that they parted ways about a year ago and Caleb sold off his houses in the area.

This past week seven houses have been demolished. They belonged mostly to Pinkhomes LLC but also to WeBuyHouses LLC and PSKFOR LLC.

Has Zerby found a way to progress on his own?

^

Zerby still owns most the houses facing NW Expressway and along NW 49th.

Thread Information