Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Row on Twelve

  1. #1

    Midtown Row on Twelve

    New mixed use project proposed for Midtown

    A very narrow lot has resulted in a unique design for an office and residential project in Midtown at 435 NW 12th Street.


    At only 37 feet wide The Row on Twelve features a long, narrow lot is immediately east of the 3-story Walker Building which is nearing completion.

    The plans show 1,300 square feet of 2-story office space along NW 12th Street with 4 3-story townhouses to the north.



    The office space will be detached from the living units.

    The townhouses will have a small entry area on the first floor and the 2nd and 3rd levels actually extended over drives below, each floor with it's own balcony area.

    The owner / developer is Andrea Fischer of Oklahoma City, who bought the .14 acre lot earlier this year. Smith Design Company is the designer.















  2. #2

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Terrific! This is excellent infill that gives a district life. Many times when exploring cities, it's the small buildings that seem to give a city life. Not the large block wide developments.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Great infill. These small scale lil granular developments on tiny lots are the stuff of great places.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Now this is infill. Absolutely fantastic development where otherwise nothing would go. Total home run. Bring even more people to live in Midtown/Downtown. We are inching ever closer to a grocery store abd CVS/Walgreens somewhere downtown.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Awesome Awesome Awesome

    Only thing I'm concerned about are the balconies. If she has even 5-feet of that green space I'd be surprised, so in the future there very likely will be a building RIGHT THERE. Not a deal breaker at all, but something to think about. For sure, I think she should make sure that the beams used on the East side of the property could handle the full load of those balconies eventually being closed in.

    I think in general in our urban development we need to look more to roof-top usage for outdoor space.

    But seriously, can you imagine how much more development like this we could see if like 5 organizations didn't own all the un(der)developed real estate downtown? Would really like to see OCURA find a way to structure an RFP such that lots of tiny developers could come together and work on a block. Something like 8 to 20 small-timers to come in with budgets of no more than, I dunno, like $5M for single lots like this.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    I assume these will be for rent and not to buy?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    I'm sure I'm missing something, but how do people move their cars? In the rendering it looks like the balcony supports prevent parallel parking, so unless you are at the front or back of the line, you are stuck.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    ^ Looks like there's parallel parking and one through-lane.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Awesome Awesome Awesome

    Only thing I'm concerned about are the balconies. If she has even 5-feet of that green space I'd be surprised, so in the future there very likely will be a building RIGHT THERE. Not a deal breaker at all, but something to think about. For sure, I think she should make sure that the beams used on the East side of the property could handle the full load of those balconies eventually being closed in.

    I think in general in our urban development we need to look more to roof-top usage for outdoor space.

    But seriously, can you imagine how much more development like this we could see if like 5 organizations didn't own all the un(der)developed real estate downtown? Would really like to see OCURA find a way to structure an RFP such that lots of tiny developers could come together and work on a block. Something like 8 to 20 small-timers to come in with budgets of no more than, I dunno, like $5M for single lots like this.
    Really perceptive post is perceptive.

    But I'm just not sure it would be that easy. I think we are getting deals like this and SoSA still bc those bigger deals open up the market when they perform well, and I'm not sure that those types of developers lack opportunities. Plus sometimes a small deal can take a small developer a lot to pull off - imagine twenty different Rick Dowells all competing against each other.

    I like having some developers like Gary Brooks, Richard McKown, and Fred Hall leading on downtown development.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Really perceptive post is perceptive.

    But I'm just not sure it would be that easy. I think we are getting deals like this and SoSA still bc those bigger deals open up the market when they perform well, and I'm not sure that those types of developers lack opportunities. Plus sometimes a small deal can take a small developer a lot to pull off - imagine twenty different Rick Dowells all competing against each other.

    I like having some developers like Gary Brooks, Richard McKown, and Fred Hall leading on downtown development.
    I agree, but it's like Midtown...MR has bought up SOOOO much of the land. Beyond that, so much of the land gets sold in blocks instead of lotted out...especially OCURA RFPs

    I'm not at all saying I don't appreciate and enjoy having the Brooks, McKown's, Halls, MRs around...they've done great things for OKC. We have SOOO far to go that we need those guys. But big money is buying up a lot of land downtown and in the urban core in general. I know for sure there are some smaller fish that want to get into various places within the core, some of it even further reaching, but another group comes in and makes a better offer because they can afford to sit on their cash a little longer than a slightly smaller player. And they do sit.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    ^ Looks like there's parallel parking and one through-lane.
    Okay, I can see that now. It was hard to see at first. Thanks.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I assume these will be for rent and not to buy?
    From above:
    The townhouses will have a small entry area on the first floor and the 2nd and 3rd levels actually extended over drives below, each floor with it's own balcony area.
    I'm not necessarily correct, but always thought townhouse=own.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    From above:


    I'm not necessarily correct, but always thought townhouse=own.
    Ive lived in two townhouses and rented both.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    I believe these units will be for rent.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    ah, I see


  16. #17

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Whenever I see skinny buildings it reminds me of Georgetown. Very unique for Oklahoma.

  17. #18

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Sign has been up for a week or two

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3778.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	13777


    Also, the website (http://therowontwelve.com/) presently quotes okctalk.com.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	therow.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	13778

  18. #19

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Nothing happening here yet:


  19. #20

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    I thought there was a container on the lot for a hot second, maybe where the dead grass is...

  20. #21

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    They have re-submitted plans to the Downtown Design Review Committee, and as you can see all parking is now moved to the north end of the property when each of the 4 units will have two "tandem" parking spots; meaning one car directly in front/behind the other.

    That allows for living space on all 3 levels.

    There will be one retail space fronting 12th. This project is directly west of the Walker Building and very close to The Edge.




















  21. #22

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    high end, urban living. what I'd expect from SOSA
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  22. #23

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    having a tandem spot at the regency, and being between other tandem spots, it can be kind of a bitch. they should probably go ahead and throw a cover over those spots while they're at it. offset the pain with some minor benefit.

    The quality of the alleyway access to that parking is another factor to be considered...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	row12.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	14369

  23. #24

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    just creates more reason to ditch the car(s) that's all. or at least downsize..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  24. #25

    Default Re: Row on Twelve

    Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    just creates more reason to ditch the car(s) that's all. or at least downsize..
    That's valid since this property is 1 block from the streetcar :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boathouse Row
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 1234
    Last Post: 11-06-2018, 01:50 PM
  2. Twelve Twelve
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 273
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 05:55 PM
  3. Film Row Summary
    By Pete in forum Summary & Reference Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM
  4. Twelve Oaks - Edmond
    By kelly73099 in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 04:11 PM
  5. Big Twelve Bowl Games
    By ljbab728 in forum Sports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO