Widgets Magazine

Thread: Subaru Dealers OKC

1. Default Subaru Dealers OKC

Anyone bought a Subaru here in Oklahoma City?

It looks like the options are Bob Moore and Hudiburg. We live in Norman so we have to drive a bit to either but just wondering if anyone had a good or bad experience with either?

Thanks

Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

My gf bought an Outback at the beginning of the year at Bob Moore. I was involved with the process and I would have given it 7/10 stars. Definitely happy with the outcome.

After about 6 months, there was a noise when she shifted out of park. She took it to Bob Moore and showed the recording in case they couldn't replicate. The techs said they couldn't replicate it and couldn't help even with the video.

I spoke with Andy (AA Performance) and he hooked me up with a tech from Hudiburg. Long story short, they fixed the problem and we now take her car there (even though it is farther).

I purchased my Crosstrek at Bob Moore dealership last year and had a great experience. The financing department was backed up and we had to wait awhile to talk to them. Our salesman was very nice and stayed late to go over the car's features. I didn't feel rushed by him even though we were the last to leave. I also have a friend who bought a pre-owned Impreza at Hudiburg and a co-worker who bought a 2016 Crosstrek at Hudiburg. They both had good experiences as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either dealership.

4. Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

I hadn't bought a Subaru from either, but when I was car shopping a few years ago I had a better experience with the staff at Hudiburg, and when it is time to trade in my car and buy my XV I am for sure going to Hudiburg.

5. Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

Bought mine at Hudiburg after they showed more willingness to wheel and deal during the purchase. Live closer to Bob Moore so I took it there for service after awhile. My advice, just play them off of each other and see who wants the sale more. As far as service, just take it to the Hudiburg since it's closer to you. I found them to be comparable in service level.

My wife and I bought in to the State Car of Colorado thing and got an Outbac k wagon with a Boxter engine and Turbo. When it runs, its as fast as a Porche, is great in snow and flies by everyone driving in mountains. Unfortunately, its constantly in the shop for front end and lube system problems. Its made it to 135k miles but a Subaru should get you 200k + miles. Before we bought it our mechanic highly recommended them because they were never in the shop. Now, 10 years later, he says he has seen more of them more often for similar work. Unless you really need something for snow, I wouldn't recommend one. Ours has been a lemon

7. Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

Thanks all. I think I will just call for prices and try to make a deal between the two.

@mugofbeer Sorry to hear that. Subaru is top 5 in reliability pretty much every year. Every car can have issues though for sure.

Zucks to be me, I know.

9. Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

Our '11 Forester has been outstandingly reliable--as good as a Honda in our experience.

10. Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

Resing a dead thread to say we went with Hudiburg. Just came in with the price we wanted for the Outback and they said ok and off we went.

I was a lot more stressed about car buying than I needed to be. Salesman didn't try to one over me or hit me with things to nickel and dime us. I would recommend Hudiburg if anyone is looking.

I know I am late to the party, but I've bought 3 Subaru's from Subaru of Wichita. They are hands down, far and away, better than any Subaru Dealer in the state. They will deliver the car to you for free, or give you a discount if you come pick it up. They also have much better prices than I've ever been able to get from any of the in state dealers.

I got my 2014 Forester for $2300 less from them than Bob Moore would go, actually the price on their website was $1500 less than Bob Moore. I showed it to the sales guy and manager at Bob Moore and they just went off on a rant about Subaru of Wichita stealing their business and gave me a buy local talk (ironic since I was buying a car built in Japan at the time).

Bob Moore also has the world's worst part department. It takes forever anytime you go in there, and they never even have basic parts in stock (seriously, no windshield wipers last time I tried). Now any time I want a part I order it ahead of time and just pick it up on my way home, which still takes 20 minutes.

Speaking of parts, if there are any accessories you want check out subarupartsforyou.com or www.subarugenuineparts.com. You can also get the part numbers from parts.subaru.com and search for them on Amazon, there are a lot of dealers on there. Much cheaper than buying them through the local dealer.

13. Default Re: Subaru Dealers OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Speaking of parts, if there are any accessories you want check out subarupartsforyou.com or www.subarugenuineparts.com. You can also get the part numbers from parts.subaru.com and search for them on Amazon, there are a lot of dealers on there. Much cheaper than buying them through the local dealer.
    Thanks!

Thread Information