Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Durant really SLAMS Oklahoma City basketball

Default Re: Durant really SLAMS Oklahoma City basketball

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Never gonna happen. He's not left OKC, he lives rent-free in the heads of the people who just can't let it go.

And like I've said previously, the worst complainers would be the first out the door if someone called them and offered more money for the same job.
    But he left for less money due to tax rates....snippet from an SI article

Durant, over the next four years, could earn $18.3 million more playing for the Heat or Spurs than he would playing for the Warriors or Clippers. This is true even though his wages would be the same on all four teams. During that same four-year deal, Durant could also earn $13.9 million more playing for the Thunder than he would playing for either of the Californian teams, plus be certain to receive an additional $33.5 million from the Thunder in wages during the 2020–21 season.

As for why he keeps bringing it up, I'd suggest slow news day (that day is usually Wednesday in sports). There's no telling how long Bucher has been sitting on this. We'd know it's at least a month. He'd have little/no choice bringing it up if the media keeps asking about it.

It's obvious that if the media will keep getting clicks for it, it's an easy go to. In the grand scheme of things he hasn't really said anything different from when he left. A lot of it is rehashed.

3. Default Re: Durant really SLAMS Oklahoma City basketball

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    I see a lot of butthurt from all parties, obviously a ton from OKC fans and definitely butthurt from him too. He is so soft and sensitive. Doesn't negate the fact that he's cold-blooded on the court.

I have always said that I would rather have Russ than KD if we could only have one. Then the days leading up to his decision, I told all my family and friends that even if he left, which I was certain he wouldn't, I'd be ok with it b/c we still have Russ. Then after the decision, I said oh well. I understood that it's his decision and he did it to better his life/situation. But as the season went on and we saw how great GS was, my butthurt set in. And after they won it all, I was pissed at what could have been if he would've stayed.

So needless to say, the butthurt is deep with OKC fans, me included now. Every time I hear something new about KD whining/acting tough/using aliases/etc, my hatred for him increases. Sad b/c I agree with most of what he said in that interview. It's a business and there's no loyalty.
    totally agree with this as it describes me to a T.

And as far as my feelings for KD, I'm not upset that he left - I'm upset at HOW he left and that he purposefully tanked up 3-1 against GSW then left to them the immediate following next year. This is not a Bron Bron move, nope - KD is alone on this in the history of NBA superstars.

I recall Bron Bron gave CLE plenty of 'warning' which they didn't take well but still, KD didn't and didn't even have a thank you in the paper to fans, or to Russ and the team. If he had done that there wouldn't be as much if any vitrol against him (and I think he himself wouldn't still be OKC conflicted/focused) because as was mentioned OKC isn't for everyone and neither is Russ. But it was clear the team was Russ's and I am A-OK with that and what the team has done since building around the Brodie. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

4. Default Re: Durant really SLAMS Oklahoma City basketball

I also agree about his 'sudden' use of cuss words now that he's in Oakland. I could drop a slight against that city but I will keep things KD focused and concur with others that he's the fake tough guy. He never had this personality before and was looked up to by the masses (and OKC had nothing to do with it). Change teams and now he becomes an a-hole with a foul mouth; Bron changed teams (and went back) and had the same personality (love or hate him). ...

whatever works for KD I suppose but really shows who is/was fake since he can't be himself in the Bay area. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Durant has always wanted to be that tough guy but didn't have the muscle to back it up. Westbrook knows K.D.'s weakness and Durant attempted to get emotionally under Russell's skin.

Man to Man, Russell still loves K.D., however, he won't hesitate to beat him down--personally hopes it never comes to that. RW has to get past his emotions.

Blog Entries

Durant has always wanted to be that tough guy but didn't have the muscle to back it up. Westbrook & Durant know each other's weakness and Durant attempted to get emotionally under Russell's skin.

Man to Man, Kevin has always portrayed Westbrook as his brother. Russell still loves K.D., however, he won't hesitate to beat him down--personally hopes it never comes to that. RW has to get past his emotions.

Note: Durant plays better defense (block shots, steals) & less turnovers on offense since he joined the Warriors.

Thread Information