Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Maples Barbecue

Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Great info. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I'm good with Maple's going in here but with Cocina Guatelinda and Chiltepes gone. Where do I go to get those awesome Guatamalen handmade, thick, corn tortillas now?
    Tienda Guatamala on Virginia.

Do the nachos at tacos San Pedro on the south side, you won’t regret it.

Maples has submitted it's design plans for approval.

Things have slightly changed from the renderings we originally posted, as the old canopy on the north side of the building will be removed in favor of a new, larger pergola covering the patio along 16th.

Also, note the cool mural.

They have been doing work inside for a while but once these plans are approved, the outside should start to take shape.

6. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Hmmmm... That color scheme looks very similar to a famous Austin BBQ joint only reversed.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.2700...2!8i6656?hl=en

7. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

That's ridiculous; Franklin's has blue on the bottom and white on the top, while you can clearly see that Maples has WHITE on the bottom and BLUE on the top. COMPLETELY different.

8. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

HAHA... Well I did say it was reversed.

9. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

LOL I missed that (very obvious) comment. That's what I get for skimming...

That doesn't look like any progress has been made?

12. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Lot's of progress on the future Empire building though.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Working on the inside of Maples.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Working on the inside of Maples.
    Ah that makes sense. The for sale sign kinda threw me too.

Has anyone had the BBQ from both the Maples food truck and their old location in Midtown? I finally had their BBQ for the first time a few weeks ago (from their food truck) and was very, very disappointed in the brisket. It was some of the driest/toughest brisket I've ever had, which seems to be against almost all of the reviews I've read. I'll definitely give them the benefit of the doubt and try their brick and mortar location when it opens...but was I really disappointed from my first experience.

I've had their brisket several times and it's always been outstanding.

You must have caught them on a bad day.

17. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

When they were in Midtown the brisket was always the star of the show but I haven't caught them since they stopped vending from that location.

Been patiently waiting on the Plaza location to open up.

i've never had a bad experience at maple's... in fact, i'd say I've never had an average one there either. really wish their brick & mortar was open already as i'm needing my fix. it seems to me that summertime would be the best season for a bbq joint and so I've got to wonder if they're missing out on some good business.

As everyone has said already, their brisket is usually the best thing there. I didn't know they were even in service after the midtown location.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    As everyone has said already, their brisket is usually the best thing there. I didn't know they were even in service after the midtown location.
    They often post up at Stonecould on Saturdays. Watch Stonecloud and/or Maples & Waffle Champ's social media feeds for the details.

Quote Originally Posted by benjico View Post
    Has anyone had the BBQ from both the Maples food truck and their old location in Midtown? I finally had their BBQ for the first time a few weeks ago (from their food truck) and was very, very disappointed in the brisket. It was some of the driest/toughest brisket I've ever had, which seems to be against almost all of the reviews I've read. I'll definitely give them the benefit of the doubt and try their brick and mortar location when it opens...but was I really disappointed from my first experience.
    That’s surprising to hear! As mentioned you must have caught them on a bad day, or a bad batch of meat. I’m not a huge brisket eater, but theirs has my mouth watering.

Anybody have an opening date for the Plaza location?

Also, heard from someone my wife knows that they changed their sauce from being vinegar-y to a more Okie-friendly one (more tomato-y, I'm guessing), it disappointed her. I haven't been yet, so haven't had either the "before" or "after" sauce, so don't know what the details are or when the change happened...

23. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Anybody have an opening date for the Plaza location?

Also, heard from someone my wife knows that they changed their sauce from being vinegar-y to a more Okie-friendly one (more tomato-y, I'm guessing), it disappointed her. I haven't been yet, so haven't had either the "before" or "after" sauce, so don't know what the details are or when the change happened...
    They posted they are hiring a general manager a couple of days ago. So it should be getting close but no date mentioned.

Hate to hear that about their sauce because it made what I found to be kind of bland pulled pork freaking amazing.... It was like that sauce and pork were a match made in BBQ heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    They posted they are hiring a general manager a couple of days ago. So it should be getting close but no date mentioned.

Hate to hear that about their sauce because it made what I found to be kind of bland pulled pork freaking amazing.... It was like that sauce and pork were a match made in BBQ heaven.
    Good to hear, thanks. Found out the date for the sauce change was late last summer...

25. Default Re: Maples Barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Good to hear, thanks. Found out the date for the sauce change was late last summer...
    Wonder if they did away with the original sauce altogether... It was a good and unique sauce in my opinion.

Thread Information