Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Case Plow Building

Default Re: Case Plow Building

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a wad by saying that B'town's shine is fading. I was just trying to say that I think this is good and positive news. But leave it to you guys to focus on what you perceive to be the negative. I'm not trying to pit one district against another.
    I think Bricktown is currently headed in a positive direction. I think competition from the other districts now that they are reaching critical mass is putting some real heat on Bricktown (which is a good thing) and BT developers are upping their game to compete. That's how it should be, as Bricktown is still the premier entertainment district in OKC. I also think that Bricktown is currently in the early stages of transition to urban neighborhood as opposed to merely being the living room of the city.

Work has started here.

Very excited to see this take shape.

It's already been used for an event. I saw pictures of a baby shower up there. We can't have too many rooftop spaces for events!

Whatever work had started along the canal level seems to have completely stopped now.

The outdoor patio looks largely done and looks close to the renders. It was just a mound of dirt below the upper walkway before.

The interior basement work is probably what's holding things up now and I wouldn't be surprised if their taking their time while trying to get a tenant.

Bricktown water tower to get unique video art installation

Sitting at the far southwest corner of the Bricktown Canal, the historic Case Plow Building has been receiving a methodical renovation and soon its prominent water tower will get something completely new to Oklahoma City.

Owner Nathaniel Harding has commissioned local artist Chad Mount to design an array of outdoor projects which will broadcast an slightly shifting image onto the highly visible metal tower where the long-standing 'Chevy' sign was recently removed.

The installation will be named Atmospheric Anomaly.

The building at 2 E. California has already welcomed new tenants on the upper flows and what was once just dirt and rubble at canal level is now cleaned up and being prepared for occupants.

Also owned by Harding's group directly to the east, the Skyline Bricktown at 12 E. California, an expansive event center directly above Zio's Italian Kitchen, is set to formally open in the next few months.

Skyline features a large indoor space on the 2nd floor and then a huge rooftop patio above, with stunning views of the downtown skyline and canal.

Harding says they have already received interest in the canal space at Case Plow, which will be very near the new tunnel underneath the railroad tracks that will directly connect Bricktown to the recently renovated Santa Fe Station.

Chad does awesome work. Can't wait to see what he has cooking for this!

very neat. cool to have people coming up with little ideas like this that just set things apart in small ways.

Building permit submitted for Bricktown Brewery to put a bar on the first level (not canal level) of this building.

Bricktown Brewery is mighty brave to make this investment. Until travel/events improve drastically I can't imagine sinking money into Bricktown properties.

With all of the information we know now, I think it's safe to say that if travel/events haven't improved drastically by this time next year, something has gone very wrong. And honestly I'm mostly extending the timeframe out that far just because there's a decent chance that this winter will be a relatively minor downtrend in an overall largely positive uptrend.

Blog Entries

so this is the space between what was Zio's and what was the dress shop years ago?

Is this in addition to their location at Sheridan and Oklahoma Ave? Makes me wonder what the branding is going to be, seems a bit weird to have two locations of the same restaurant barely two blocks from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Is this in addition to their location at Sheridan and Oklahoma Ave? Makes me wonder what the branding is going to be, seems a bit weird to have two locations of the same restaurant barely two blocks from each other.
    David I think this is just going to be a bar not a full BB restaurant. I see what you’re saying about the branding but IMO you can’t have too many bars in an entertainment district. Between this and the planned restaurant/club that’s said to be going in the old Chelinos this part of the canal should be getting some more foot traffic.

Blog Entries

Walked by this building the other day on the canal side and there was a coffee shop under construction. Sorry didn't get a pic, but progress was well underway. Not sure if the same thing as the bar mentioned, but it seemed more like a coffee shop than a bar.

16. Default Re: Case Plow Building

^^^^^^^
    Same owner/operator, different space. He has several concepts opening in that building, though they are interconnected.

I had posted before about a plan for a brewery/coffee shop.

It will be called Oklahoma Craft:

https://www.facebook.com/Oklahoma-Craft-113016307947643

Blog Entries

Sorry must have missed it

It shows you how dead that end of the canal is.

Hardly anybody has noticed this, even though it's been under construction at least since October.

Hopefully this will liven things up a bit.

Zio's brought a little foot traffic down there, but since they closed down, its been dead. Surely a new restaurant will open in that space soon.

With The renaissance opening up just down the street, it's hard to imagine this end of the canal not taking off eventually. Additionally, Landscaping and lighting have been completely redone on the Canal and massively improved, so hopefully that helps as well! I encourage anyone who hasn't visited the canal in a while to check it out this spring once the colors start to bloom!

Pete, is there any chance at all the tunnel gets brought back or is that dead dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pete, is there any chance at all the tunnel gets brought back or is that dead dead?
    The money that was to be used for the tunnel has been spent elsewhere.

As far as I know, the tunnel is dead.

Did Covid and Thunder being bad kill Zios. I always enjoyed it before games and they seemed to be busy most of the time.

25. Default Re: Case Plow Building

Lack of recurring reinvestment killed Zio’s.

Thread Information