Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1613

Thread: Criterion Concert Hall

Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    If it's not 20 shows a month, some will be disappointed.
    Hell, I'd settle for *2* shows per month.

I think it's going to take some time for this venue to develop a reputation and really get things going. Look at it from a touring band perspective. If Oklahoma is viewed as a one-stop state and you have sold out Cain's Ballroom for several years, are you going to take a risk on some new venue in Oklahoma City when playing at Cain's in Tulsa is an assured success?

I think once the Criterion builds a reputation and/or Oklahoma becomes a two-stop state, it will be more successful, and I believe that will happen gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I think it's going to take some time for this venue to develop a reputation and really get things going. Look at it from a touring band perspective. If Oklahoma is viewed as a one-stop state and you have sold out Cain's Ballroom for several years, are you going to take a risk on some new venue in Oklahoma City when playing at Cain's in Tulsa is an assured success?

I think once the Criterion builds a reputation and/or Oklahoma becomes a two-stop state, it will be more successful, and I believe that will happen gradually.
    I'm not sure that they can afford to do it gradually.

I think the way you build a reputation is to book a lot of shows. They're not all gonna be home runs some will be. Then the more that rep builds you can let go of the lower tier shows and start trying to book only the bigger names. If Criterion is taking a pass on smaller shows and just waiting around for bigger names, they're not gonna get anywhere.

Think of it from a band perspective. Smaller, lesser known bands can really turn down a job. They have to be willing to play anywhere, anytime. And through that they build a reputation and are able to start booking better and larger venues. I read a book about the beginnings of Van Halen and they made it by not only their talent but being hard working and playing pretty much any show. A place like Criterion can't really pass on smaller names. They need to build up content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    they are actually gonna add 40 stories to the top of it.
    And that's without the crown.

so what was the announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    so what was the announcement?
    Don't believe it's happened yet. Maybe they're having problems booking someone to do the announcement.

7. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Lots of savages in this thread

Well crap guys. Just got word on the announcement. Looks like it's now the Diamond Ballroom's announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Well crap guys. Just got word on the announcement. Looks like it's now the Diamond Ballroom's announcement.
    No way they were going to have that Whitey Morgan/Cody Jinks show at the Criterion (if that's the Diamond announcement you were talking about). Anyway, DCF handles the Diamond, not the Criterion.

10. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

according to twitter they are going to wait a bit longer and announce multiple shows next week

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    according to twitter they are going to wait a bit longer and announce multiple shows next week
    I have been reading the comments for some time about the Criterion's lack of shows. I agree, they need more big acts, but what a lot of people do not realize is that the Criterion is not just used for concerts. It is rented out for corporate events and wedding receptions.

Bigray in Ok

Big announcement. Young the Giant, Cold War Kids, and JoyWave. This is more like it.

https://twitter.com/CriterionOKC/sta...70228317458432

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4OU View Post
    Big announcement. Young the Giant, Cold War Kids, and JoyWave. This is more like it.

https://twitter.com/CriterionOKC/sta...70228317458432
    Woohoo!!

Nice!.. Young the Giant sold out Cains earlier this month. I had wanted to catch that show so I am glad they are coming to OKC.

I'm a fan of Cold War Kids and would pay to see them by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm a fan of Cold War Kids and would pay to see them by themselves.
    Yup. they were not with them at Cains. I did see them at a center of the universe festival several years back though and they were great live.

feeling old, unhip, clueless, or a bit of all three today.

Yep ^^^^^^^

Nice! will definitely try to catch a couple of these!

Blog Entries

Joywave is really good too. That's a good show.

Blog Entries

'Explosions in the Sky' will be here in April

They are hosting Smoklahoma in May (Big cigar event)

At the Drive In w/Le Butcherettes, June 13.

24. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Lil Wayne April 27

Attended the Turnpike Troubadours show last Saturday. It was the first full sellout at the Criterion and the show was incredible.

Unfortunately, They were severely understaffed and not near prepared enough. They ran COMPLETELY out of beer before the headliner went on. Drink lines were 30-45 minutes in length and by the time you got to the bar, people were literally buying 24-48 beers at a time. They also ran out of vodka as well as ice before the end of the show.

Overall, they knew they were sold out and had probably half the needed staff and not near enough product which probably cost them tens of thousands in revenue. I hope they correct this before the upcoming shoes because the venue is great.

Thread Information