Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The rumors are very credible.
    Payne for Gay.

It looks like Robersons days are numbered so they might as well give his minutes to Grant once he's up to speed. He should have taken that Thunder offer if it was indeed between 11-12 per. I am not sure he will get the 15 mil per he is asking and the Thunder would have been foolish to give him that. I would give him about 4-5 mil. per. He's a one trick pony and I don't ever see him as a reliable outside shooter or even a 75% FT shooter.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Payne for Gay.

It looks like Robersons days are numbered so they might as well give his minutes to Grant once he's up to speed. He should have taken that Thunder offer if it was indeed between 11-12 per. I am not sure he will get the 15 mil per he is asking and the Thunder would have been foolish to give him that. I would give him about 4-5 mil. per. He's a one trick pony and I don't ever see him as a reliable outside shooter or even a 75% FT shooter.
    Ugh. While I think Gay could help a little in the very short term, I wouldn't like this move at all. Gay just isn't very good and could we even re-sign him? If he opts out of his contract then he'll want 20 million next season (or else he'd just opt-in to his $14 million).

Moreover, I think Roberson is really underrated. Most of all of the best Thunder lineups include Roberson. He's an elite defender, good slasher, and has really improved his passing and decision-making. Everyone focuses on the one thing he can't do (shoot) and ignores that he's good at almost everything else. Maybe Grant can do the same things as Roberson, but it also might take him 3-4 years to get there? It's like KD said, the Thunder just keep getting younger.

Thread Information