Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Union @ SoSA

Default Re: Union @ SoSA

Larry Pickering is going all out in there. It is going to be a Mad Men set. If you love R&J's, you will love this place. From a different era.

Blog Entries

I liked the old signage just fine, not sure why that had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Is the sign finished? Perhaps they're going to run the letters 'SoSA' vertically down the blank space?
    It’s a good triage. But I know the guy who painted it and he said that’s what they asked for. I just can’t get over that logo, commercial at symbol at the center and calling it an eatery & cocktail office. It’s not clever. At least pottery barn started as a barn of pottery.

They re-opened today with new owners, a full menu and a big remodel inside and out. Big improvements all the way around.

Now owned by the same group that operates Deep Deuce Grill.

That menu is infuriating. No prices on the cocktails or beer? No description on some of the food. Can I only assume they charge liquor tax on top of the ticket??

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    That menu is infuriating. No prices on the cocktails or beer? No description on some of the food. Can I only assume they charge liquor tax on top of the ticket??
    FYI that's a bit dramatic, but I went today for lunch and that is their temporary menu. They said that they will be finalizing the last few items and have the full menu released in a week or so. That may be why the prices aren't listed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Are there many places who don’t charge the liquor tax on top of menu price these days? Maybe I’m not paying close attention but seems like they all do now.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Are there many places who don’t charge the liquor tax on top of menu price these days? Maybe I’m not paying close attention but seems like they all do now.
    It varies considerably. There are plenty of places that do include it in posted prices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635AB34E-552E-4AC0-BB28-8394898AB145.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	14581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20E698C2-05DB-44B1-BF4D-3D8F50939BF7.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	14582

delicious..

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Typically anyone who operates as abc3 is pay what is advertised. Abc2 leans towards passing the tax the more “restauranty” it is.

FYI I don’t think it’s dramatic. I’ve ran & opened restaurant & bar concepts for years before going back to school for an mba. I still own partnerships in the industry. And not advertising prices is just weird.

On second thought, I am being dramatic. I was hoping for an honest to goodness non smoking bar. I quit after my years in the service industry and I can’t step foot in smoking bars anymore. The pictures & menu portray it as a chic gastro “cocktail office.” I love the bars in paseo & uptown, but it would be nice to have non smoking options around town.

Edit: The flea is actually a good option in that neighborhood when the mood strikes.

I just talked with the owner Lee. He asked me to get the word out about their lunch. Evidently lunch is now offered.

My wife and I just returned from having dinner here tonight. They have just updated their menu to include ENTREES. Great craft cocktail program, great food, and great management. In fact, their General Manager used to work for Hal Smith's restaurants. Overall it was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be back, for dinner, and maybe even for lunch, too.

Union will be reopening Tuesday, May 15th under new ownership and a completely new menu.

The new owners are the people behind The Hamilton and Cafe 7.

Will be open at 11 AM every day. They have a really nice back patio and the interior is great as well. Hopefully they can find a following this time around.

https://www.facebook.com/theUnionOK/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Union will be reopening Tuesday, May 15th under new ownership and a completely new menu.

The new owners are the people behind The Hamilton and Cafe 7.

Will be open at 11 AM every day. They have a really nice back patio and the interior is great as well. Hopefully they can find a following this time around.

https://www.facebook.com/theUnionOK/
    They found a following last time around, was often quite crowded

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    They found a following last time around, was often quite crowded
    the new ownership should help things out a bunch and i will they that however you want to take it

I drove by recently, looks like it's closed again? Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I drove by recently, looks like it's closed again? Can anyone confirm this?
    Looks like both their FB and Insta pages are gone and I tried calling but their phone is disconnected.

Also, their Yelp page says 'closed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like both their FB and Insta pages are gone and I tried calling but their phone is disconnected.

Also, their Yelp page says 'closed'.
    Thanks, Pete!

Thread Information