Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prairie Artisan Ales

Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Got a chance to stop in here and check out the space. They've done a fantastic job with the Prairie buildout. The rest of the building is bigger than I expected. After visiting the Milwaukee Public Market this summer, I just kept imagining something similar being done with the space that crams as many different restaurants, bars, and local merchants as possible in... However, it seems to me that they're going with fewer tenants taking the spaces in more typical sized spaces. Either way, I would think this will spur more development along 8th as this is the type of anchor that other developments will want to be near.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Got a chance to stop in here and check out the space. They've done a fantastic job with the Prairie buildout. The rest of the building is bigger than I expected. After visiting the Milwaukee Public Market this summer, I just kept imagining something similar being done with the space that crams as many different restaurants, bars, and local merchants as possible in... However, it seems to me that they're going with fewer tenants taking the spaces in more typical sized spaces. Either way, I would think this will spur more development along 8th as this is the type of anchor that other developments will want to be near.
    I think they're doing that in Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think they're doing that in Midtown.
    I probably wasn't clear. I was in the "8th Street Market" building where Prarie is about ready to open. It's my understanding that they're breaking up the spaces with about 8 or so retail/bar/restaurant options in the building, but I am saying that I wish they went with even more than that. I'm sure they know what they're doing and I should probably withold any comments until the development is done. The build out is great. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I probably wasn't clear. I was in the "8th Street Market" building where Prarie is about ready to open. It's my understanding that they're breaking up the spaces with about 8 or so retail/bar/restaurant options in the building, but I am saying that I wish they went with even more than that. I'm sure they know what they're doing and I should probably withold any comments until the development is done. The build out is great. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
    check out the Grand Central Market in DTLA. I love that spot. They are doing something like that in Midtown at the Uptown Theatre!

5. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    check out the Grand Central Market in DTLA. I love that spot. They are doing something like that in Midtown at the Uptown Theatre!
    Yes, Grand Central Market is special.

Plupan is right, in addition to pararie, there will be another spot in midtown with that set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Plupan is right, in addition to pararie, there will be another spot in midtown with that set up.
    Ah, yes, now I get the reference. I didn't realize PluPlan was referencing a different development. Got it. Yeah, that's a good point.

Anyone heard whisperings of an opening date? Had been hoping I'd be able to take friends/family who were in town for Thanksgiving to the new Prairie spot.

At the OKBio Brewfest last Thursday, one of the pourers at the Prairie table told me this Wednesday. Said they weren't being too out there with it, keeping it soft for now.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    At the OKBio Brewfest last Thursday, one of the pourers at the Prairie table told me this Wednesday. Said they weren't being too out there with it, keeping it soft for now.
    I've heard the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I've heard the same.
    That's great news, I hope y'all are right!

From their FB page:

The time has finally arrived, we will be opening our doors to the public tomorrow, November 15th! Join us as we celebrate our new taproom and brewery right in the heart of Automobile Alley in Oklahoma City. Here are a few details:
    -We will be open 11am to 9pm, 7 days a week
    -Our address is 3 NE 8th Street, Oklahoma City
    - Crepe Brewers food truck will be on site at 5pm
    Cheers everyone, thank you for the continued support. We will see you tomorrow!

13. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From their FB page:

The time has finally arrived, we will be opening our doors to the public tomorrow, November 15th! Join us as we celebrate our new taproom and brewery right in the heart of Automobile Alley in Oklahoma City. Here are a few details:
    -We will be open 11am to 9pm, 7 days a week
    -Our address is 3 NE 8th Street, Oklahoma City
    - Crepe Brewers food truck will be on site at 5pm
    Cheers everyone, thank you for the continued support. We will see you tomorrow!
    Awesome location. Need to check that out. Those are some pretty long open hours for a tap room. Exciting.

Might stop in tomorrow night!

Went last night and loved it. Great vibe and was packed (but not overwhelmingly so). The 8th Street Market building is a lot bigger than I'd envisioned. This place is definitely going to be a hit for a long time to come.

A couple of nice photos of this place. AHMM (architects) do such great work.

It's an awesome space. I can't wait for the rest of the building to fill up.

Seeing a lot of movement inside the 8th Street Market building where Prairie is located. Several walls have been put up and one of the cordoned off areas has connex boxes stacked on top of one another.
    Any word on what any of this will be? I know about the Vietnamese place but that is all I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Seeing a lot of movement inside the 8th Street Market building where Prairie is located. Several walls have been put up and one of the cordoned off areas has connex boxes stacked on top of one another.
    Any word on what any of this will be? I know about the Vietnamese place but that is all I have heard.
    There is a large space on the south side of the building which is being readied for Key Construction. It's in the southeast corner of the building, so directly across from Magasin Table (the Vietnamese place) and Prairie is also across the common area but on the west end.

Key has already placed a couple of storage containers in their space, which should be pretty cool.

Those are the only 2 build-outs at this time. I believe a small food court will take most the rest of the building (the south side).

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Ahh okay, yeah that Key Construction space was the one I was wondering about. Had all sorts of crazy questions about what could be going on with those stacked connex boxes, like some sort of Euro-style industrial club or something haha. Kind of bummed it won't be something open to the public but it should make for a cool office space.

Any word if the prairie space will still be dog friendly once the food places open up? I always bring my dog there but I feel like that may be coming to an end once restaurants get involved. I'm hoping they put in a patio by the railroad tracks eventually.

Thank you for posting those plans, that definitely helps me to visualize what is going on.

I'm sure when food is served dogs will no longer be allowed inside, as there are health code issues.

Blog Entries

One of the things that struck me when I first started going to Paris was how the cafes allowed dogs and how well behaved the dogs were...mostly just sitting by the owner’s chair without moving and with no noise. Seemed very normal.

Prairie president talking about how the government shutdown is hurting business...
    https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/w...-1421951555516

Dang. I want that beer. Like, now.

Thread Information