Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prairie Artisan Ales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Disappointing, I drive by occasionally and never noticed much going on from the outside. I had been holding on to hope that they were hard at work on the inside and were going to announce their opening date any time.

Raylin Taylor Salon moved out of this space about a month ago.

Are they planning to brew beer at this location?

Now if they could add 55 more floors on top it'd look really good!

They really need to do something about the lighting on that building, it's always dark.

To answer OkiePoke's question, yes, they will have a small (for them) setup, and will brew some out of this building. Main operations will continue to be in Krebs. Most, if not all, special releases will be at this OKC location (thank god!).

A silly question given the name of the establishment, but is this a BAR serving Prairie beer or a BREWERY TAPROOM? I ask because state law currently requires taprooms at breweries to close at 9 p.m. (this will change in fall of 2018) but am curious how they will identify and how it will impact hours of operation. Anyone know?

I believe it will be considered a tap room but various groups are actively working on changing the law and allowing them to stay open the same hours as bars.

The interior is coming along; the Prairie bar will be where the small ladder and open drywall is:

11. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Tank arrived at the brewery today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PAA.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	13929

13. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Just had a meeting with them and their location is coming together quickly. Their ambitious opening date is September 1st, but we'll see if they can hit that mark.

Name:	IMG_4412.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	14026

15. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

This building isn't even complete and it already looks amazing. I was flattered when the developer approached me about being a tenant, but unfortunately I am not ready yet. Hopefully they land some other great local businesses!

This is so great! Can't wait to stop in and get a Prairie Bomb! On a side note, I live in Denton and it's cool to see more of these OKC brews available here. I live right next to a great little old gas station that is stocked full of craft beers. They carry about 6 or 7 beers from Prairie, 2 to 3 from Coop, and now 2 from Roughtail. I regularly pick up a Prairie Bomb! bottle, which sells for $9 each and sell regularly along with Christmas Bomb! and others. I also often pick up a Horny Toad and I keep asking for Coop to sell Elevator Wheat down here. The owner mentioned to me that he loves Coops' beers, but that they don't do much to promote them. I'm sure Coop is doing what they can, but I just wanted to pass along that commnent.

18. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Production on their initial order will be finished tomorrow.

Name:	PAA_Proof_0817.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	14142

Unbelievably hyped for this to open. Also hoping the new American Solera taproom in Tulsa does well so maybe Chase will consider putting a taproom in OKC one day.

Got a chance to stop in here and check out the space. They've done a fantastic job with the Prairie buildout. The rest of the building is bigger than I expected. After visiting the Milwaukee Public Market this summer, I just kept imagining something similar being done with the space that crams as many different restaurants, bars, and local merchants as possible in... However, it seems to me that they're going with fewer tenants taking the spaces in more typical sized spaces. Either way, I would think this will spur more development along 8th as this is the type of anchor that other developments will want to be near.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Got a chance to stop in here and check out the space. They've done a fantastic job with the Prairie buildout. The rest of the building is bigger than I expected. After visiting the Milwaukee Public Market this summer, I just kept imagining something similar being done with the space that crams as many different restaurants, bars, and local merchants as possible in... However, it seems to me that they're going with fewer tenants taking the spaces in more typical sized spaces. Either way, I would think this will spur more development along 8th as this is the type of anchor that other developments will want to be near.
    I think they're doing that in Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think they're doing that in Midtown.
    I probably wasn't clear. I was in the "8th Street Market" building where Prarie is about ready to open. It's my understanding that they're breaking up the spaces with about 8 or so retail/bar/restaurant options in the building, but I am saying that I wish they went with even more than that. I'm sure they know what they're doing and I should probably withold any comments until the development is done. The build out is great. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I probably wasn't clear. I was in the "8th Street Market" building where Prarie is about ready to open. It's my understanding that they're breaking up the spaces with about 8 or so retail/bar/restaurant options in the building, but I am saying that I wish they went with even more than that. I'm sure they know what they're doing and I should probably withold any comments until the development is done. The build out is great. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
    check out the Grand Central Market in DTLA. I love that spot. They are doing something like that in Midtown at the Uptown Theatre!

25. Default Re: Prairie Artisan Ales

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    check out the Grand Central Market in DTLA. I love that spot. They are doing something like that in Midtown at the Uptown Theatre!
    Yes, Grand Central Market is special.

Thread Information