Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Life Time Fitness

Default Re: Life Time Fitness

Yep, huge area fenced off with construction equipment and construction trailers.

They have started tearing out the parking lot and looks like a construction trailer is on site now. It also looks like they are preparing to close the road behind the mall through that area.

@Pete can you get a copy of the building plans from the permit application? I found the permit on the access portal but there are no attachments. Looks like the permit was issued on 5/25, so they aren't wasting anytime.

Looks like the permit to demo Macy's is about to be issued. No attachments on it in the Portal either though . https://access.okc.gov/aca/Cap/CapDe...howInspection=

They have started to demolish the old Macy's (taken just now, Saturday AM):

There must be hazardous material being removed from Macy's. I would have figured it would have been completely demolished by now.

You can see the old Macy's has now been detached from the mall as it continues to slowly come down.

This complex is going to be absolutely massive.

The first floor of Macy's is gone. Elevator core and stairwells for lifetime going up as well.

Looks like we have a website now: https://www.lifetime.life/life-time-...homa-city.html It is saying fall 2018, but the building permit application says they will be completely on 5/1/2018. So I would expect sometime in the summer.

It looks like there will be NO ROCKWALL :'(.

Compared to Tulsa:
    Additions - Whirlpools in Locker Rooms, 8 indoor tennis courts, 4 outdoor tennis courts, Split lap/leisure outdoor pool, much larger kids area including their own basketball court, additional yoga room (much needed), Fairly large medical facility area (not sure why they are giving a ton of space to this, but I am sure they think it fits the "heathly way of life" theme), Basketball courts upstairs, looks like a larger indoor leisure pool with more isolated lap area.
    Losses - No rockwall (WTF?), No views of indoor pool from upstairs

Based on the Allen, TX location, membership will be for 2 adults will be $149/mo with a year contract or $159/mo monthly. Kids 13 & under are $10/month. Tulsa is $129/mo for two adults, plus $10 for kids. I have a feeling we will be the same as Allen, maybe slightly less.

Considering this is too far away from me to a primary gym, I am pretty bummed about no rockwall, that would've made it easier to justify the price. But I know the wall in Tulsa always had terrible hours.

Now for the pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	14262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT3.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	14263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT4.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	977.1 KB 
ID:	14264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT5.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	14265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT6.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	578.3 KB 
ID:	14266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	14267

Those walls went up quick

12. Default Re: Life Time Fitness

^^^^^^
    You’re right; tilt-up construction can make a place appear almost if if by magic. You can see some more of the north wall laying at the ready, though some of those gaps may be left unfilled for a bit until after the roof is on, floors poured, stairwells in, major mechanical done, etc., to leave room for heavy equipment to come and go.

Also, that place is giant.

Funny thought; What if piece by piece, portions of the mall are demolished to make room for out parcel construction like what happened with Macy's and Life Time. And eventually the entire mall is gone and a lifestyle type development is left.

Now, please don't take this as a serious post. I never claimed that it would or should happen. I just thought it was a funny/interesting idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Funny thought; What if piece by piece, portions of the mall are demolished to make room for out parcel construction like what happened with Macy's and Life Time. And eventually the entire mall is gone and a lifestyle type development is left.

Now, please don't take this as a serious post. I never claimed that it would or should happen. I just thought it was a funny/interesting idea.
    Don’t think that is all that far fetched.

It may just be the perspective of that picture, but it looks half as big as the entire mall if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    It may just be the perspective of that picture, but it looks half as big as the entire mall if not more.
    Dillards is actually bigger and Von Maur is just slightly smaller. Although the tennis area only being single story increases the footprint quite a bit.

Their website says the OKC location will open this fall.

There is no way I would ever pay that kind of money a month to work out (I only use free weights or pulley machines, and the Y is plenty), but I'm glad we are getting something like this. It looks amazing.

21. Default Re: Life Time Fitness

Places I’ve worked which are now defunct/demolished:

• Pizza Hut #301001 (oldest store in chain in 1986) in Wichita, KS (demolished)
    • Payless Cashways Edmond (demolished)
    • Builder’s Square NW 36th and May
    • Builder’s Square south OKC (demolished)
    • Payless Cashways Norman (not sure if Atwood’s is new building)
    • Big L Edmond (demolished)
    • Foley’s QSM (demolished)
    • Fred Jones Ford Downtown (demolished)

Apparently hiring me to work for your company when I was in high school and college was the kiss of death.

Geeze. It's like a 3rd the size of the mall!

Urbanized, do you think you could find some kind of position over at the State Capitol building on 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Places I’ve worked which are now defunct/demolished:

• Pizza Hut #301001 (oldest store in chain in 1986) in Wichita, KS (demolished)
    • Payless Cashways Edmond (demolished)
    • Builder’s Square NW 36th and May
    • Builder’s Square south OKC (demolished)
    • Payless Cashways Norman (not sure if Atwood’s is new building)
    • Big L Edmond (demolished)
    • Foley’s QSM (demolished)
    • Fred Jones Ford Downtown (demolished)

Apparently hiring me to work for your company when I was in high school and college was the kiss of death.

Blog Entries

Even demolishing Macy's, I feel like they should have still attached to the mall and come out from it perpendicularly... so that when they leave it can be renovated to just be part of the mall.

25. Default Re: Life Time Fitness

Quote Originally Posted by harp23 View Post
    Urbanized, do you think you could find some kind of position over at the State Capitol building on 23rd.
    Pretty sure that organization is already essentially defunct.

Thread Information