Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theater Northside

Far North Warren Theater Northside

Warren has been in active negotiations to open a new location near Santa Fe & Memorial Road.

They had also talked to the developers of the NE corner of Memorial and Rockwell (site of future Walmart Supercenter) but it seems they are now focused on this new site.

Would be a great location for them and fill a big hole in the North OKC / Edmond movie market.

In addition, I believe Chisholm Creek is still working towards an Alamo Drafthouse or similar dine-in movie concept.

Default Re: Warren Theater Northside

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Warren has been in active negotiations to open a new location near Santa Fe & Memorial Road.

They had also talked to the developers of the NE corner of Memorial and Rockwell (site of future Walmart Supercenter) but it seems they are now focused on this new site.

Would be a great location for them and fill a big hole in the North OKC / Edmond movie market.

In addition, I believe Chisholm Creek is still working towards an Alamo Drafthouse or similar dine-in movie concept.
    That will really add even more traffic to the western exits as there isn't highway exits at Santa Fe. Any upgrades planned to western and memorial yet??

I really tried to push Harkins to opening their Camelview concept in the Chisholm Creek development, but they weren't interested.

I don't think Harkins is expanding much.

Most the traditional theaters are somewhat maxed out... The growth in the industry is dine-in and alcohol service, areas where they can make more margin.

I don't think Harkins is expanding much.

Most the traditional theaters are somewhat maxed out... The growth in the industry is dine-in and alcohol service, areas where they can make more margin.

They're expanding plenty in their native Arizona and in California, but they're not much interested in expanding here anymore. There were rumors of a theatre in Plano, TX, but I'm not sure where that ended up.

Anyway, the Camelview is Harkins' take on the luxury and alcohol service areas. Loungers, reserved seating, bar, etc., which is why I thought it would do really well as a northside counter to Warren.

^

Gotcha.

Thanks for the info.

I've been to many theatres across the country and non of them compare to Warren in terms of sound and picture. I hope this comes to fruition so I don't have to get on I-35 to have a quality movie experience.

I'd love to see one of these on the northside, I'm too far from Moore on a regular basis these days to justify the trip.

I only have been to the Warren once -- to see Prometheus on the IMAX, which was glorious -- but I was very impressed.

I only have been to the Warren once -- to see Prometheus on the IMAX, which was glorious -- but I was very impressed.
    I lived in Wichita for a while where Warren is king, and I absolutely loved their Old Town location. They do a good job and don't seem static, but constantly tinkering and improving.

What Warren needs to focus on is making their locations accessible.

Three of us went to the one in Moore and had a pretty terrible experience. All three of us were Deaf and one of use used a wheelchair. The wheelchair ramps were long and ridiculous and the doors hard to open.

It took us over an hour to procure captioning devices and to add insult to injury they took our drivers licensees as collateral even though outside of the theater the devices are useless and worthless. They're the only theater in town to take drivers licenses as collateral.

When we went upstairs to have drink while waiting we were nearly barred from going into the bar because they had our licenses at the front desk and we had no way to prove we were 21. To top it off when we finally got the movie started the captioning devices didn't work. All told we spent over 2 hours there and went home without watching a movie. It was the second time I had been there and had to leave without watching a movie (the first time they didn't have captioning devices period.) We got free tickets to go back, but we probably wont use them.

You guys enjoy your movies at the Warren. I'm going to continue going to Bricktown and Tinseltown where the accessibility is much better.

^^^
    Yikes! That's unfortunate to hear. They need to get that straightened out.

I've seen one movie at Warren a long time ago and that was IronMan. I'd definitely take advantage of drinks and a movie if that were to come to the northside. I really hope this pans out!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I've seen one movie at Warren a long time ago and that was IronMan. I'd definitely take advantage of drinks and a movie if that were to come to the northside. I really hope this pans out!
    The intersection of Santa Fe and memorial doesn't seem like a good location in the middle of such an industrial area. I'd have to think the land in question is in between Santa Fe and western south of memorial by the ford dealership. That way they have frontage on the the kilpatrick as well for visibility. Just my thoughts.

I do think the deer crest development would be better as it would be easy highway access and pull people from
    Piedmont and Yukon easier.

Just the general area... Not exactly sure of the site.

AMC Penn Square is my fav theater, always clean, great screens and pick our seats online prior to movie. Haven't been to another theater in a year.

Question is...would this be the nail in the coffin for AMC Quail with this and the possible Alamo draft house type venue at Chisolm creek?

I doubt it. AMC will always get the traffic because it's attached to the mall.

19. Default Re: Warren Theater Northside

^^^^^^^^^
    It go at it from the other direction; I think the mall gets a lot if traffic because it's attached to the theater. And you're forced to walk through the mall to get there. I suspect this Warren would have a really damaging effect on AMC, which in turn will be bad for the mall.

20. Default Re: Warren Theater Northside

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    AMC Penn Square is my fav theater, always clean, great screens and pick our seats online prior to movie. Haven't been to another theater in a year.
    Warren now has the ability to pick seats as well as reclining in certain ones. They are redoing each theatre over time in Moore now.

I only go to Warren now. I just love that IMAX for big movies.

This would be awesome. Yes traffic would be bad, but that's the cost of continued development.

Well, there is only two possible places Warren could be looking at that is near Santa Fe and Memorial. The first is directly east of the Ford Dealership on Memorial. Memorial is a two-way road here and Walker can be used as a controlled intersection. However, this is more of an industrialized area and Memorial already gets congested at Western. The other area would be along memorial east of the future Life Time Fitness and medical office building that is currently under construction. I would have to think this is the area they are actually looking at since it would be close to all the new restaurants at Chisholm Creek.

I believe it is the first one and not the second.

I believe it is the first one and not the second.
    There also is a bridge Halfway between western and Santa Fe over kilpatrick.

If there just were turn around a at western this would make traffic move much better for this development...hint hint okc

Warren has now shifted its focus to property near NE 122nd & Eastern.

Would be part of a large center if everything falls into place.

Thread Information