Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aurora (formerly Yolk)

Default Re: Aurora (formerly Yolk)

I stopped by today. Service wasn't as bad as mentioned here. Waited a bit longer than I would have liked given the crowd at the time.

Ordered the open faced breakfast BLT (looking to try the burger and bbq sandwich later).
    Bacon texture was perfect (really crispy, but not burnt), and the bread holding it up wasn't soggy. Pesto aioli ran a bit rich, and I wish there were more tomatoes.

Heads up for anybody that orders the juice, they offer this "wheeze the juice" from some other OKC manufacturer. They list "juice" for $3, and it was really $8. I bought in this time cause that's what it cost, and it was good. However, I probably won't get it again.

^

Wheeze the Juice is located in OK Sea in Deep Deuce.

I ate brunch at Aurora on Sunday. First, I just want to say they did a tremendous job with this building. The interior with the coffee bar and the outdoors area with a bar and everything in between are perfect for a brunch spot. While it was just a bit too hot, it was really cool to see people eating and hanging out in the outdoor area with a great band playing at a perfect volume (I hate when you have to yell over music at a dinner place). Also, the servers and our waiter were friendly and attentive even if our waitress probably had too many tables. I am a very patient person when it comes to waits because I just think of it as time to spend with friends. In this case, we spent our wait walking the district and getting a mimosa at the wine bar down the street. We were also specific in that we asked to be seated inside. However, we put our name in at 10:59am and we didn't get our food until after 2:30pm. Of course, that was our choice, but man, it was probably the longest I've ever waited at a restaurant. Again, we probably could have shaved 30 minutes off that by sitting outside and that was our choice. In the end, the food and presentation were good. I'd still recommend it, but maybe just plan to show up early and do something else in the district for a bit. More brunch places opening like Syrup should also help lower wait times a bit too.

Aurora announced on social media they will soon be adding dinner.

5. Default Re: Aurora (formerly Yolk)

^ with egg-centric dishes I hope.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Saw that on Insta! Love this place - can't wait to see what they do at dinnertime!

The single word single syllable naming scheme is getting out of control! Glad to see a three syllable restaurant, I will definitely go!

They have a great burger.

Oklahoman reporting Aurora will reopen at the end of November and wll be operated by the couple that owns Social Dining + Deck.

https://oklahoman.com/article/564561...eHTEip3KjH2Xmk

That will be good, we've done Social Dining + Deck a couple of times now for breakfast and really liked it.

Saw in (I believe) edible magazine that Henry Boudreaux is now working for Ben E. Keith (that was his email address in the story/recipe), and just checked Linkedin and he's a sales rep for them. Guess those great thyme biscuits are a thing of the past.

I love those folks. Very good news.

Good news for the Plaza. A place open during breakfast hours is the only thing it is lacking. I haven't gotten a chance to stop by Social Deck + Dining yet, but I heard good things.

From their FB page:

Now open Tuesday through Friday 7 a.m,. and 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday

Do we know if there will be changes to the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Do we know if there will be changes to the menu?
    They haven't updated their website but I know they added dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They haven't updated their website but I know they added dinner.
    Be nice if they had those biscuits and gravy back, but don't know if that was a proprietary-type thing Boudreaux took with him. And frustratingly, they don't seem to say when they stop offering breakfast and if they're open between that time and 5:00 when they start dinner...

Thread Information