9 37.50%
  • No.

0 0%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2016 off-season news

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2016 off-season news

I think these reports are to be taken with a grain of salt, but still:

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/russell-we...raymond-green/

Russell Westbrook Was Supposedly Put Off By Kevin Durant’s Relationship With Draymond Green

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical not only knows everything; he knows it long before anyone else does. With most NBA reporters, you have to take things like this with a grain of salt. But when Woj speaks, you listen. So when he said on The Vertical podcast Wednesday that Russell Westbrook may have had some qualms about Kevin Durant’s buddy-buddy relationship with a certain high-profile competitor, there’s probably something to that. Here’s a transcript of that part of his discussion with guest Jeff Van Gundy:

“And there’s no question, I know Russell [Westbrook] was bothered by — and some other teammates were too — of, like, there was some knowledge there that Draymond [Green] was in contact with Kevin [Durant] all season long and they’re in a playoff series and I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’”

Since Durant’s bombshell announcement, the NBA world has been trying to piece together just how this transpired, and rumors of a widening rift between the Thunder’s star duo have unsurprisingly come to the forefront. While Durant’s time in Oklahoma City has ended, the ripple effects are just beginning, which now appears will include Westbrook’s own departure from OKC, whether that happens via trade prior to the February deadline or in free agency next summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	224 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	12751

This boy is outta control, somebody better reel him in...... Any else curious if he's still carrying a bible around in his backpack...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post

This boy is outta control, somebody better reel him in...... Any else curious if he's still carrying a bible around in his backpack...lol
    KD has not tweeted anything since the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Lol, probably the first time in history that someone has called him that
    He just screwed our franchise. Nothing good to say about the man.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    KD has not tweeted anything since the announcement.
    He is notorious for tweeting and removing.... When TMZ has the screen shot , it's pretty much 100% accurate

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    I think these reports are to be taken with a grain of salt, but still:

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/russell-we...raymond-green/

Russell Westbrook Was Supposedly Put Off By Kevin Durant’s Relationship With Draymond Green

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical not only knows everything; he knows it long before anyone else does. With most NBA reporters, you have to take things like this with a grain of salt. But when Woj speaks, you listen. So when he said on The Vertical podcast Wednesday that Russell Westbrook may have had some qualms about Kevin Durant’s buddy-buddy relationship with a certain high-profile competitor, there’s probably something to that. Here’s a transcript of that part of his discussion with guest Jeff Van Gundy:

“And there’s no question, I know Russell [Westbrook] was bothered by — and some other teammates were too — of, like, there was some knowledge there that Draymond [Green] was in contact with Kevin [Durant] all season long and they’re in a playoff series and I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’”

Since Durant’s bombshell announcement, the NBA world has been trying to piece together just how this transpired, and rumors of a widening rift between the Thunder’s star duo have unsurprisingly come to the forefront. While Durant’s time in Oklahoma City has ended, the ripple effects are just beginning, which now appears will include Westbrook’s own departure from OKC, whether that happens via trade prior to the February deadline or in free agency next summer.
    Generally I would agree that reports like this are to be taken with a grain of salt, however, if Adrian Wojnarowski puts something out there, it usually has more than a grain of truth to it. That guy is probably the best informed and well connected NBA reporter in the business. If he said it, there is no doubt that he has a very good source backing it up.

7. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2016 off-season news

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Lol, probably the first time in history that someone has called him that
    RIght. A coward? Weak? Looks like it. Thug? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I hope he doesn't get the ring, at least not with GS, and I will certainly never cheer for him unless he's playing for the USA team. I root for the laundry, and now he's one of the bad guys.

It will also be interesting to see how he handles being with an organization that doesn't shield him nearly as much as the Thunder did, and a media base that doesn't handle him with k't bid gloves, like ours did. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a rough year next season.
    I have a feeling that he won't be as beloved by the fans there. Oh sure they are all cheering his arrival. But you think he hits a little slump, a reporter writes a headline line Mr Unreliable and the fans there will come unglued on the reporter and the paper. To the point of them having to apologize? No I don't think the fans there will do that. Could be a bit of a shock for him.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post
    I have a feeling that he won't be as beloved by the fans there. Oh sure they are all cheering his arrival. But you think he hits a little slump, a reporter writes a headline line Mr Unreliable and the fans there will come unglued on the reporter and the paper. To the point of them having to apologize? No I don't think the fans there will do that. Could be a bit of a shock for him.
    Ironically, his reliability (or lack thereof) is a major reason that we lost to GSW.

From a business perspective this seems to have been an excellent short-term decision for him.

But I'm not sure it's going to work in the long haul. I'm just not sure he's going to outshine Curry on that team, even if he plays objectively better.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Ironically, his reliability (or lack thereof) is a major reason that we lost to GSW.
    Yes.

He is notorious for tweeting and removing.... When TMZ has the screen shot , it's pretty much 100% accurate
    He also despises criticism, and he's gotten a fair amount this week. I believe it.

13. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2016 off-season news

I don't think this is real....

Where exactly is this on the TMZ website?

15. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2016 off-season news

I thought I posted this yesterday but I must have missed the post icon.
    I'm as ticked off as anyone that KD left. OKC is finally getting on the map and the Thunder being good has a lot to do with that. He said he loved OKC and wanted to stay with the Thunder. But did he lie? We don't know.
    I worked for Kerr-McGee for 14 years. My wife worked for Hertz for 24 years. We both loved our jobs and the companies and both intended to retire from them. We had a ton of t-shirts, bags, coozies, etc., etc. of both companies. Then things changed and the companies no longer met what we wanted in long term plans. Were we lying about loving being there at the time. No. But things change.
    We both were born in OKC and have lived here all of our 57 and 54 years. We love OKC. It's home. But, if I was offered a job that afforded the same lifestyle somewhere within an easy day's drive of Key West we'd be gone. At least for awhile. Does that mean I'm lying when I say I love OKC. No.
    Again, I hate it that KD left. He really screwed the Thunder's short term future. But I don't think his decision makes him a horrible person. A weakling from a player standpoint definitely. But a horrible person no.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You're right. If it was a REAL photo of a Shar-kraptor, the bazooka would have been green instead of brown, everyone knows that...

Name:	03_This-Looks-Shopped.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	12752

(In all seriousness, look at how all the text is compressed versus the text of his supposed tweet. Doesn't match. It's fake.)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    That's not photoshopped. This is a real scene from an upcoming Scifi movie. Premiering right after Sharknado 4 or is it 5? I lost count.

On the subject of when Durant comes back to OKC in his new uniform, I really do hope the fans give him a clap and don't boo him. That would kind of be counterintuitive to the whole "Oklahoma is humble like you and we've always loved you and always will."

He gave us what was it, 8 good years? Be mad, sad, whatever, but show class. He always did.

21. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2016 off-season news

I'll give him 1 solid clap for a finals appearance then it is Boo fest.

He plays for another team now. If he hits a game winner will you clap then?

We have no obligation to cheer for him when he comes to our house again. You can if you want but there's no reason for a Thunder fan to applaud a Warrior player in our arena.

He changed teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    He just screwed our franchise. Nothing good to say about the man.
    Doesn't make what you say right. I actually didn't like James Harden that much, and after he was traded, I hated him even more. But I wouldn't just call the man a thief. There's no actual evidence of him being a thief or any character traits that would lead me to make such a comment.

As a person, I understand that he's a solid individual. That's not something a fan really has a right to disparage unless something far more convincing than changing franchises sufraces.

As a basetball player, he's still amazing.

As a competitor, he's a 2.5 on a scale of 1-10.

As a professional, what he did was pretty crooked, whether it was his idea or the idea of those who influenced him. Waiting until July 4th knowing that free agency moves quick and big names would be picked up is horrible. OKC could have adjusted and gotten *somebody* to fill our hole at SF, but there is nobody left that is going to make a difference, which means that Russ's contract year is going to be wasted.

In other news, the NBA is now projecting the cap for 2017/18 to be LESS than the original $107M projection, which REALLY hurts GSW following this season. Unless KD is going to take a cut of quite a few millions from his projected $35.7M max next season, Iggy is gone after next season or Iggy is taking a huge discount.

Capholds for Golden State next summer (Includes Green, Thompson, Curry, Looney, 2016 1st, and 2017 1st + Iggy or Livingston or neither) [Durant's max]:
    $72,299,930 w/o Livingston (+$2,249,972 roster holds) [$27.45 max]
    $66,589,533 w/o Iggy (+$2,249,972 roster holds) [$33.161M max]
    $55,602,878 w/o Iggy + Livingston (+$2,812,465 roster holds) [full max, $7.9M additional cap-space]

The only way this Golden State ship stays afloat in the longrun is if enough quality NBA players are going to be willing to take huge discounts to come chase rings...and if that happens, the league is going to take some serious hits.

Thread Information