Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 701 Hudson

1. Default Re: 701 Hudson

Went and showed all the units this weekend. I really liked them. Very high end. The floor unit has an attached commercial space so you can live/work if you wanted. Hopefully my buyers come through and I can get one sold!

Default Re: 701 Hudson

The SoSA townhomes flop made me take a look at these again, as I periodically do. And still 5 units for sale. This coming spring will be 2 years since completion. I would say Swift is probably not too thrilled to get the next one off the ground here in downtown OKC.

Condos are always going to be a tough sell in OKC when homes are still very reasonable by any standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Condos are always going to be a tough sell in OKC when homes are still very reasonable by any standard.
    I think a lot of the condo developers are not taking in to consideration parking as much as they should. OKC is not ready for $600k condos and outdoor parking. People want their own garage.

This project does have covered parking.

I just don't think there are enough buyers willing to pay $500K+ for a condo with little to no amenities when for the same money you can buy a nice home nearby.

And for the HOA dues, you can hire tons of gardeners and maintenance people should you need them.

There just isn't a scarcity of housing anywhere in this town to drive people to live on top of each other for a premium price. There are a few exceptions, but they are just that.

Covered parking is not the same as a private garage.

I would like to live here, or any other condo/townhome. But with my hobby of cars, I require a min. 2-car garage. I could rent a shop space, but adding that onto $500k payment isn't reasonable.

OkiePoke, go look at some of the for sale places in The Hill in Deep Deuce. I think every unit there has two car garage, some with bonus space.

The only truly car hobbyist place I have seen downtown was the super unique build @ 626 W Main St. Which sold last year, for a cool $1.7MM.

Oh ya, that would be great. A buddy of mine just put his up for sale.

I'm not in the position to responsibly purchase a home at that cost. I really do like the homes on 27th & McKinley, but again, the garage issue. Give me a 2/2 with about 1450 ft2 and a 2 car garage around $300/315.

The only places downtown that I think would fit that bill would be a unit at either Central Avenue Villas or Maywood Lofts. Those are both underground community garages, and I am sure there are HOA rules about the extent of work you can do on your vehicle in those. But as long as it isn't anything too extreme/make a mess - I doubt there would be complaints.

Ya, building a race car currently. It is organized, but not practical to be doing in a parking garage.

The penthouse is for rent for $4,500 / month:

https://www.apartments.com/701-n-hud...t-500/pqbccht/

12. Default Re: 701 Hudson

Interesting. I showed this to a client while it was under contract back in Jan/Feb. Person who bought it was wanting to market to thunder players, ect. Kinda surprised it took this long to get it up and running. Really cool space but only 1 bedroom.

$4,500/mo for 1-bed... That is a little extreme. Does that price include utilities and laundry and a cleaning person?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Interesting. I showed this to a client while it was under contract back in Jan/Feb. Person who bought it was wanting to market to thunder players, ect. Kinda surprised it took this long to get it up and running. Really cool space but only 1 bedroom.
    I was surprised that it was essentially the same floorplan as the middle units, but with the added outside space. Seems like if it had 2 bedrooms it'd be more desirable, at least from a buying standpoint. Maybe not so much if the plan is to rent it out.

We were impressed with that building when we went to one of their open houses recently. Love the clean, modern, simple finishes, and high ceilings. This is coming from someone who has always lived in very old houses and has generally hated new construction.

Although we're not in the market for a condo right now, I could see that particular location being one that would appeal to me personally. My favorite floorplan was the units in the middle, but the downside was that they were only one bedroom. You really couldn't have guests, or have your kid home from college for a weekend, etc.

The views (depending on which unit you're in) are pretty awesome, with one exception: the Regency. It kind of blocks what would otherwise be just a superb vista of the whole skyline.

It'd be great if they were able to do something with the covered parking so that each unit had an actual enclosed space. For me, I'd want a safe place to keep my bicycle so that I didn't have to take it up and down from the condo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    $4,500/mo for 1-bed... That is a little extreme. Does that price include utilities and laundry and a cleaning person?
    You could stay in a $150/night hotel for that (little lower because taxes), which WOULD include housekeeping, utilities, cable TV, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    You could stay in a $150/night hotel for that (little lower because taxes), which WOULD include housekeeping, utilities, cable TV, etc...
    And possbily breakfast would be included.

$150 per night won't get you a 2,200 sqft hotel room, though...

Blog Entries

someone that needs one bedroom doesn't need 2200 sf

Blog Entries

someone that needs one bedroom doesn't need 2200 sf
    Why? What difference does the size of the rest of the house they desire matter?

Blog Entries

desire and need are two different things. I'm just saying you can live a good life in a hotel room every night for that money. I get that you get all that extra space by buying that place.

On social media, they announed they only have 3 units remaining:

302: 2bd 2ba 1535 sqft| $549,000

306: 2 bd 2ba 1560 sqft| $529,000

100: 1 bd 1.5ba 1770 sqft| $695,000

On social media, they announced they only have 3 units remaining:

302: 2bd 2ba 1535 sqft| $549,000

306: 2 bd 2ba 1560 sqft| $529,000

100: 1 bd 1.5ba 1770 sqft| $695,000