Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Target at SW 44 and S. Western

Default Re: Super Target at SW 44 and S. Western is going out of business (Aug. 2016)

Yeah, big loss for the southside and I really worry about them finding anything decent to take their place.

Default Re: Super Target at SW 44 and S. Western is going out of business (Aug. 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yeah, big loss for the southside and I really worry about them finding anything decent to take their place.
    I'd love to hold onto a delusion they might still want to build somewhere along 104th and I-44, but I know that's a pipe dream. The Moore store is...close, but at the same time, it isn't. Frustrating.

I drove by last weekend to see the Target officially closed. The front entrance is boarded up and the parking lot almost empty. I was thinking that the location would be ideal for either a WinCo or Crest Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I was thinking that the location would be ideal for either a WinCo or Crest Foods.
    Brett,
    Funny you should mention Winco since they have purchased the land and building that was a Target at Midwest Blvd and Reno. That was over a year ago and nothing has happened though, so who knows?
    C. T.

I would love love love it if that location reopened as a Crest or WinCo. Either option would immediately make that store become my default grocer, even though Walmart is closer.

For some reason I thought I heard that Integris was looking to expand medical offices and that was their reason for closing. However, when I heard that....it may have been more speculation of why closing as it wouldn't be up for sale now.

For what it's worth, the county assessor's office still shows that Target owns that entire building at 800 SW 44th St, and I can find no publicly available listings for lease or for sale... Someone like Pete or AnguisHerba may have greater insight on plans for the property.

I hate to say it, but that is a section of town I try to avoid these days. . Absolutely depressing.

Default Re: Target at SW 44 and S. Western

Autozone has signed a lease to take a good chunk of the old Target space.

Will be a huge store for Autozone.

Autozone has signed a lease to take a good chunk of the old Target space.

Will be a huge store for Autozone.

Plenty of floor space! I am sure they will be able to stock wiper blades for both manual and automatic transmission cars.

Looking through their real estate development brochure, their typical store is about 6,300 SF.

Will be very interesting to see what they do with 7X that amount of space.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Plenty of floor space! I am sure they will be able to stock wiper blades for both manual and automatic transmission cars.
    Yes and they shouldn’t run out of blinker fluid so everyone who lives in this areas has no excuse now not to use their blinkers.

13. Default Re: Target at SW 44 and S. Western

Looking through their real estate development brochure, their typical store is about 6,300 SF.

Will be very interesting to see what they do with 7X that amount of space.
    Maybe they are going to have rental garage space for DIY'ers that don't have their own DIY space and tools.

wow... that's huge for an autozone. i think the southwest corner of that building once had a couple of garage bays... i wonder if they'll put those to use again.

really glad something is being done with that building.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Maybe they are going to have rental garage space for DIY'ers that don't have their own DIY space and tools.
    hmm... i hadn't considered the diy angle. that's a real possibility. though i'd think that liability and scheduling might be an issue if that is their plan.

16. Default Re: Target at SW 44 and S. Western

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    hmm... i hadn't considered the diy angle. that's a real possibility. though i'd think that liability and scheduling might be an issue if that is their plan.
    Well I meant it as a joke but after I typed it I thought "Hey? Could something like that work?".

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Well I meant it as a joke but after I typed it I thought "Hey? Could something like that work?".
    I remember back in the day driving around down in Texas with a buddy and had car trouble. He was a fair shade tree kinda guy, everyone was back then when you could work on cars. Anyways we actually did pull in a place that rented out space for repairs and had tools avail. also. I can't remember what we ended up repairing but it was pretty major. This would have been in the 70s back when Austin was smaller than OKC and Dallas wasn't a whole lot bigger than what OKC is now and OKC and San Antonio were about the same size. After thinking a bit we replaced plugs and wires changed oil and pretty sure had to put a tie rod on.

They may be only using some of this space for sales and the rest as sort of a local distribution center.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yes and they shouldn’t run out of blinker fluid so everyone who lives in this areas has no excuse now not to use their blinkers.
    Haven't you heard?. Blinkers are optional on late model cars & trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    Haven't you heard?. Blinkers are optional on late model cars & trucks.
    Ah yes. I forgot. Now that I think about it, I believe mirrors are optional as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Didn't someone try that here in OKC a few years ago? Rental garage/tool space? Great idea for Autozone to try. I've wished more than once I had a lift even for the small projects I'll try on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Didn't someone try that here in OKC a few years ago? Rental garage/tool space? Great idea for Autozone to try. I've wished more than once I had a lift even for the small projects I'll try on my car.
    the only thing that i can think of like that was a place called ohmspace around film row... but it was geared more for tinkerers than mechanics.

There used to be a place on 59th just west of I35 on the southside of the road where Rick's Collision Center is now that rented garage space and tools called U Fix it. Had a mechanic on duty that would give advice. This would have been in the late 70's

Ft. Sill has a place where military personnel can do work on their cars. I'm certain other Army bases have this as well.

https://sill.armymwr.com/programs/auto-crafts-center

Notice the hours, makes sense though.

Ft Worth has an AutoZone repair center.

Thread Information