Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lua (formerly The Pritchard)

Default Re: The Pritchard

Quote Originally Posted by Okcdiner View Post
    Walked by this place last night and it was packed! Any reviews or news?
    We went there a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The menu is somewhat limited but I liked the scallops that I ordered. The service was excellent.

Finally made it last night and had a great experience.

Considering it was about 9PM on a Thursday they were pretty busy. Sat at the bar where the bartender spent plenty of time explaining the food, wine and drink offerings. Very, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Split a really nice bottle of wine and a small plate of a butternut squash dish that was fantastic.

Talking to people there it seems the place has found its footing and following, as word of mouth has been generally excellent and for good reason.

Really like the space as well.

Nice to have a different slightly more upscale option in the Plaza.

I was there last night too! that butternut squash dish was amazing! second time there, both times have been great experiences.

Been twice now. Pretty cool. Nice prices on vino.

Everything is great here outside of the Audio/Video. I understand its a wine bar but the music sounds terrible and the tv location is more than odd.

They are planning a pergola for that wide sidewalk/patio area directly in front of the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are planning a pergola for that wide sidewalk/patio area directly in front of the restaurant.

Will this connect to the building? or be free standing?

Attached by slats to carry electrical:

I'm not sure if they are going to be changing names, but I heard they were going to be switching concepts to Greek/Mediterranean. Anyone else heard this?

Blog Entries

like their offerings but a welcome change if true

I honestly don't remember what their current fair is... I mostly think of it as having a decent drink menu. Though we have only ever gotten drinks here while waiting for a show at the Lyric.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    like their offerings but a welcome change if true
    I love the idea of an honest to goodness Mezze place with pan-Mediterranean dishes. It really fits the small plates and bites concept they have now. I would hope the goal would be to keep the prices in range to fill the joint. It could do a lot better in my opinion.

They already had some items with this orientation but going more in that direction is a big win. We really lack this in OKC. I believe Zorba's is OK, but not enough to keep me coming back.

We have the Nunu's and other quality places, but not with the atmosphere and potential this space offers.

Kudos to them if they are doing that and I'm hopeful they will put together a killer menu.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I'm not sure if they are going to be changing names, but I heard they were going to be switching concepts to Greek/Mediterranean. Anyone else heard this?
    I heard that they were changing a bit and bringing in some new people and or partners but I never heard the Greek part, I would be surprised if that was true but think it's a solid idea.

Their great chef Shelby Seig is leaving for a new venture and the Pritchard has partnered with Riley Marshall (proprietor of Bar Arbolada) to create a new Mediterranean menu.

I believe this happens in February.

Not sure if the name will change.

HangryHippo Guest

Is Shelby at least staying in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is Shelby at least staying in OKC?
    A new place in Edmond.

17. Default Re: The Pritchard

A new place in Edmond.
    That new place wouldn't happen to be with Josh Valentine would it?

They did amazing things together at The George.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    That new place wouldn't happen to be with Josh Valentine would it?

They did amazing things together at The George.
    Yes. Livegrass Butcher + Bistro in Edmond.

HangryHippo Guest

Outstanding news!

20. Default Re: The Pritchard

Wow, wow, wow.... So glad to hear they are going to be working together again!

Heard this is closing Feb 16th.
    Is this referring to the change to Mediterranean you were talking about Pete?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7_WnAbhbZK/

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Heard this is closing Feb 16th.
    Is this referring to the change to Mediterranean you were talking about Pete?
    Yes, Pritchard is closing Feb. 16th and will reopen as Lua about a month later.

Took this yesterday:

Blog Entries

Oh, thought it was already closed due to the construction of the patio, oops

24. Default Re: The Pritchard

Dang, wish it would stay as-is. This is a regular 'date night' choice of my wife's. We actually have eaten there twice in the last two weeks, with last night being the most recent. Place is packed each time we've been. The layout and vibe reminds the wife of several restaurants we eat at when we go to NYC. Not sure she'd want to drive all the way there for Mediterranean, since we have some good choices near our home (she loves Jerusalem, Taziki's and Nunu's).

I too am a little sad it is changing. My wife and I enjoyed it whenever we are in the Plaza for a show or just a nice dinner.

Thread Information